• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Alt load-outs for Scout/Pointman/Sapper

AntleredCormorant

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 20, 2017
As others have pointed out, the Claymore isn't particularly useful when attacking. Of course there are still opportunities to use them, more so in Supremacy mode, but I think an alternative would be cool. This is also true for the PAVN/NVA Scout & Sapper classes in newer custom maps that have the US defending.

Some options:

* Machetes

* M34 Grenade or Molotov

* Rifle grenades

* Satchel charge (timed, RO style)

* Red smoke

Upvote 0
AntleredCormorant;n2302236 said:
Very true, but doesn't a machete tunnel fight sound fun? If you look in the mod subforum someone made a mutator for the Sapper:

https://forums.tripwireinteractive.c...rthern-sappers

I have yet to see it implemented but I assume they mean the existing C4 rather than the fused RO-style satchel charge.

Nope it's the Russian Satchel from RO2, ironically it is cut content from RS2. I may consider overhauling the other roles as well (I too dislike the Claymores for pointmen on US Attacking Maps, was nice back in the day when they got WP :) )
Waiting on reply from Yoshiro about whitelisting.

Last edited:
Reactions: AntleredCormorant
Upvote 0
Beskar Mando;n2302239 said:
Nope it's the Russian Satchel from RO2, ironically it is cut content from RS2. I may consider overhauling the other roles as well (I too dislike the Claymores for pointmen on US Attacking Maps, was nice back in the day when they got WP :) )
Waiting on reply from Yoshiro about whitelisting.

Very cool! I would love to see a molotov for one of the Viet loadouts. I read that they used them at times (hard to imagine any force using improvised weapons wouldn't) and why should the US get all the fire?

I would gladly trade both Claymores for one standard frag on most maps.

Upvote 0
Having played the new official maps & a bunch of customs, I will double-down on alternate loadouts so these classes can both attack and defend. I switch loadouts between spawns for the Engi - it'd be cool if every class had situational kit but the trap/mine/claymore can be dead weight on some maps.

Last edited:
Upvote 0