• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Offensive Northern Sappers

Very, very small mutator I made that changes out Northern Sappers to ones with Satchels and Grenades. (Only replaces these roles if the Northern Faction is attacking). Very simple and very small. Less than 50 lines of code, 6kb, and took me only a few minutes to make. I often find that mines are impractical when attacking, so I created this. Just a small QoL change to the game.

SWS Link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...?id=1100934824
Direct Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8H...ew?usp=sharing

Does this need an .ini file? Or just ?mutator=AttackingRoleOverhaulMutator.AttackingRoleOverhaulMutator in the command line ?
Hmmm I seem to be able to get the admin panel to say the mutator is loading but in game I cant see any change to the sapper. Tested on VNTE-SongBe

Also with the manual map change, there is a field for mutators but this one is not showing up there. And unable to load the mutator using the additional URLs which is a bit strange.

Edit - noticed the SWS post. ?mutator=AttackingRoleOverhaulMutator.AROMutator

Some success but still having issues with it not working. Does the file go in the BrewedPCServer folder?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Code:
[AROMutator ROUIDataProvider_Mutator]
ClassName=AttackingRoleOverhaul.AROMutator
FriendlyName=Attacking Role Overhaul Mutator
Description=Changes roles based on Defending/Attacking Factions
It does need a config, or at least it should in theory. Up above is the relevant text for a config file. I can confirm that it works offline, online it should work as well. Strange that it's not.
It should be the same place mutators and content went in for RS/RO2.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Only seems to work offline. Tried a few things to get it working on a server but no dice.
I think it might boil down to where and how the mutator file is distributed by a server to its players. During my testing it was pass to the clients in much the same way as custom maps. So it ended up in the cache folder.

When I tested by download the mutator file on my client and putting it in the BrewedPC folder, the mutator would work offline but not online.

Upvote 0
The weapons selection array isn't replicated to the clients. This means that if you change them with a mutator, then the change is only present at server side. This will work for offline mode, but not for online. If online, then the same trick needs to be done at client side as well to get server and client back in sync.

Upvote 0
Ducky;n2302479 said:
The weapons selection array isn't replicated to the clients. This means that if you change them with a mutator, then the change is only present at server side. This will work for offline mode, but not for online. If online, then the same trick needs to be done at client side as well to get server and client back in sync.

Strange, because it's done via replacing RoleInfos in PreBeginPlay()
Code:
simulated function PreBeginPlay()
{
    local ROMapInfo ROMI;

ROMI = ROMapInfo(WorldInfo.GetMapInfo());
    if( ROMI.DefendingTeam == DT_South)
    {
        //ROMI.NorthernRoles[1].RoleInfoClass= class 'ARORoleInfoNorthernScout';
        ROMI.NorthernRoles[5].RoleInfoClass= class 'ARORoleInfoNorthernSapper';
        //AddModWeaponInfo();
    }

if (ROMI.DefendingTeam == DT_North)
    {
        //ROMI.SouthernRoles[1].RoleInfoClass= class 'ARORoleInfoSouthernPointman';
        //ROMI.SouthernRoles[5].RoleInfoClass= class 'ARORoleInfoSouthernEngineer';
    }
    super.PreBeginPlay();
}
Would that mean the RoleInfo replacements are somehow not being replaced?

Upvote 0