• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Suggestions, maybe for the next version

dead_man

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 9, 2017
Europe
1. Positional Voip or Mumble integration

2. Different channels for squad leader voip/mumble: squad, other squad leaders, tream leader
and for the team leader: to every squad leader and to all.

3. deployable spawn point with restrictions (e. g. only sl can do it, needs radioman or 2 squad members nearby, and has to be at a certain minimum distance from objeditve and other spawn points incl. enemy - not too close).

4. to squad up should be obligatory

Edit: deleted:
5. no bunny hopping - been told that it has never been in the game
6. password protected gore setting - not necessary as long as the game is 18+

Edit 14.04.2017:
7. Stick to your likings: http://www.pcgamer.com/call-of-duty-...a-2-interview/ and don't go the CoD route.
There is a gap between the mainstream FPS (CoD/BF) and the more realistic Arma and BF2:pR/Squad. It would be nice if Tripwire could fill it.

Edit 15.04.2017:
8. Limited kits should only be available to squad members. When someone leaves the squad or gets kicked from it, his kit should be replaced with a standard kit or he dies and needs to respawn - like a demotion.

Last edited:
Reactions: DonDOOM
dead_man;n2291691 said:
Let me explain: My son is 13 next month and if he wants to play the game too, I would like to be able to set the gore level before letting him play. (parental control - you know - >:) )
What do you want to achieve? Do you want that war seems cool and appealing instead of horrifying? You've got Battlefield and Call of Duty for that. This just creates a illusion for your kid. Not to mention that the suggestion wouldn't even work.

Upvote 0
dead_man;n2291691 said:
Let me explain: My son is 13 next month and if he wants to play the game too, I would like to be able to set the gore level before letting him play. (parental control - you know - >:) )

What moody said.

In addition to that the parental control here is you. There's a lovely two letter word called "no". Use that. He's 13. He'll play a lot of video games. It doesn't have to be rated 18+ for him to enjoy it. You have the power to control.

Upvote 0
nilsmoody;n2291693 said:
What do you want to achieve? Do you want that war seems cool and appealing instead of horrifying? You've got Battlefield and Call of Duty for that. This just creates a illusion for your kid. Not to mention that the suggestion wouldn't even work.

I don t have to say, because you already said. Exactly my opinion.
Unlike my friends - I don´t think shooter game should be distributed without blood.

Kids then think it is fun only. I have heard that in America school kids don´t know that crisps are made of potatoes. Associations are positive. Train hard, fight with ease.

edit: If I remember right kids realize death since when they are 4 or 8 years old. And that is quite young age. If they don t like blood they won´t play the game.

Last edited:
Reactions: -Moody-
Upvote 0
I don't think that u play this game in order to get horrified. And no FPS really horrifies because the game has to sell. At most it is disgusting. Movies like "Joyeux Noel", "Casualties of War", "Full Metal Jacket", "Hamburger Hill", "The Deer Hunter", "Apocalypse Now", "How I Won the War" and "Paths of Glory" show you better than any game what war can be like.

Many ppl do martial arts without hurting anybody. Similar to that, tactics and team play in a tactical fps are fun without the need to join the army. Even in a sports team there is rivalry. Sometimes more than team spirit. This is the reason why I want to play this game. There are no deadlines, no milestones, no rivalry - only fun. I don't play FPS for violence. I'm afraid that the movies and games displaying exaggerated violence kill our consideration for others pain and life.

I don't suggest my son what to play, he plays what he wants. It was just in case. It's my 6th proposal and as such the least important. Calm down. Besides, I think that the implementation would be easy, but I'll remove the proposal. The point against it is: You don't need this feature if you are 18+. And the game is for 18+ period.

Edit: corrections

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If he plays what he wants and you dont control him, its totaly your fault, which is, sorry to say, means you're bad father. And if a game 18+ you dont need to even think about an option of gore thinking it would make things better. Here are voices, racial slurs and ****, you want that to be removed too? What a shame....

Upvote 0
NorthDumpling;n2291719 said:
If he plays what he wants and you dont control him, its totaly your fault, which is, sorry to say, means you're bad father. And if a game 18+ you dont need to even think about an option of gore thinking it would make things better. Here are voices, racial slurs and ****, you want that to be removed too? What a shame....

As I removed the option your post is no longer on topic. Though I want to answer you. I know the urge to think bad about others. I have to stop myself regularly. Before you accuse me, think of your wrong doings. I take care of myself. "He plays what he wants" ment: I don't tell him what to play. And should you really be concerned about my son, that you don't even know, I can assure you that he is well educated and most of the time knows, what is good for him and what not. He hasn't admin rights on his pc and is not playing FPS, but minecraft and racing games (e. g. need for speed). I had to forbid him only one game so far: "happy wheels". And this means: I have an eye on what he is playing. Please let us stop this discussion here. If you can't help replying, I offer you to pm me.

What about the suggestions 1 to 4?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Dumpling can be blunt in his choice of words. Thinks it's kinda wierd that you draw the line at gore. As do I. Video game gore doesn't come close to the horrific things that can happen to fleshy beings. Seen some pictures for research purposes I assure you. Don't want to look at them again. Gory things I have seen is when we went rabbit hunting with guns to big for the job. Ain't a lot of rabbit left. Also saw a dog get hit by a train. You'd think God would have attached limbs to the body better. All of that made me take a step back where I had to gather myself. Nothing in a video game has gore wise.
Gore in video games is at the bottom of the list of things that affect children. Mainly the big influencing thing in games is the actions the characters in the game take. The words they say and the things they do. Happy wheels is a silly game literally nobody is gonna take seriously and it was literally designed for 12 year olds lol. RS2 on the other hand is supposed to immersive the player into a warzone. War is bad, scary and filled with death. Plus it's also an online multiplayer enviroment with full voice chat with a bunch of 20 year old single males playing it. So you can imagine the chat invading your ears lol. Probably the worst part for a child here. Oh and the language. Kids are far more likely to swear in places where they heard it so if they hear it at home it might slip out at home.

Anyway you probably didn't want to read All that but it was fun typing and the rest of your suggestions are boring in comparison. That's probably why news outlines do controversial stories. More people talk about them.
Back on topic.

1. Has been suggested a million times.

2. Has been suggested 999,999 times.

3. This game ain't squad.

4. Everyone will join a squad anyway the benifits are too great not to.

5. Have you ever played a red orchestra game before?

6. Something actually worth talking about.

Reactions: -Moody-
Upvote 0
^ np reading it. np with Dumpling. I would still enjoy playing in the same team or squad, if this is ok for him.

2 answer your question: no, I started with America's Army. After a short excurstion into BF1942 I switched to BF2:FH2 incl. Tournaments. I tried BF2:pR and Arma2. That's all. I enjoy FH2 most, but a few things made me grow tired of it: too fast to make coordination count, no fatigue, firing while diving, sl spawn, some ppl playing only axis.
There are some things BF2:pR does better, but altogether I don't enjoy it that much due to: too long rounds, some tedious tasks and few maps. 80% of the time I want to join a server: Mutrah City. It's a good map, but maybe the variety of the FH2 maps made me a bit picky.
Don't ge me wrong. There are much more good than bad things to say about these games, but I don't want to sound like promoting them here. I only pointed out the shortcomings from my personal pov.
I hope that RS2:V will be something in between FH2 and PR.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Upvote 0