• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Hip shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

blkmgc

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 24, 2006
I know this was dumbed down a bit the last big update, theres no denying it. What I was wondering is if in the next update, the old code for "free sway " for the guns cold be put back in, and a server side selection availble for the old sway (harder) or the new sway(easier) be made available.Many of us liked that aspect the way it was, and it was one of the big attracting points for us.

TBH I ahve not noticed but it should be same for every player and we should not get a choice IMO.

Well, theres the gig. You may like it the way it is, and thats cool. But when we pay for our server, it would be cool to have an option that we like. If you happen into our server, and dont like it, your free to go elsewhere. Pretty simple ..no? I've never understood the mentality of taking away or discrediting an option, when a person that doesnt pay for a particular server doesnt like it. Theres plenty of other servers out there.

Upvote 0
Well its pretty simple really. Before the patch, there was enough freesway in an unshouldered bolt action rifle where it was almost impossible to make a hipshot within say 20-30 yards. Now its possible to create a reference point on your screen, and get hip kills in motion at 50-100 yards with regularity. We never saw even a fraction of this before the patch. I dont know if its the sway, or the animation. But something changed it.And in our opinion its pretty gamey. An option to go back to the old freesway would be very welcome.

Upvote 0
Its fine as it is, you can tell this by the fact that no one even knows its been changed...

Therefore there is no problem and it should stay as it is. If it was updated then it was in an effort to make it better.

There are many more important things which need adding or changing but this is low priority.
No I don’t pay for your server but for some reason it seems that you think because you are paying for a server that you should be able to change the game to what you want and that all of us who play on the server for free are not entitled to an opinion.

I see no problem with how tings are currently done on this topic and I vote for no change.

Enough said.

Upvote 0
Maybe players are just more experienced now.

What was your testing methodology? How did you quantify the results? Just saying "It changed" and "we tested it" doesn't really convince me of much. If you can't quantify it, I'd say it's largely due to perception or the overall improvement of the playerbase.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.