• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Server RO2 settings

Avgvstvs

Nov 12, 2013
Hello everybody,
I'm the admin of a 64 slots server in RO2.
I've some questions about the optimal settings to do, and I hope to find the answer here.
I would like to set the numbers of the bots as the maximum limit, and when someone join the server a slot becomes free. Is it possible? now the situation is that: empty server, and if someone join some bots will join, or worse: no bots inside at all. Of course if the server is empty, none will join.

another question: how can I set a "no respawn" for players?

Thanxs in advantage

Set ?minplayers=x in your command line, where x = the number of bots you want.

When someone joins the server, then x number of bots will join in. They will remain until the next map and then someone will have to join the server again.

After another player joins the server, when the next bot is killed, it will not rejoin. etc. etc. Until there are no more bots and all players are human.

So if you want 64 players/bots on the server, add ?minplayers=64 to your command line.

There is a mutator called BotDetonator that might be of interest to you. You can find it here:
[URL="http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=76273"][url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=76273[/URL][/URL]

Upvote 0
Yes works good but...if you have set up Multiple Admins for WebAdmin like for a Co-Admin and a second Co-Admin the Edit section of the BotDetonator will not be shown in the WebAdmin. Even ServerEx has got Problems to load/show his edit section. That`s what I noticed. After changing over to the old Backup without Administrators Menu in the WebAdmin, Bot Detonator had no problems.

Question to all:

I tried to put in the launch batch file the commands for the mutators so that i don`t need to start the Mutators per the URL after i turned the server on. It doesn`t work. Did I something wrong or is it impossible to put in the commands for something like an autostart for all Mutators that are running? I know Smart Loader is coming but it would be cool to let Smart Loader automatically start after a server shut down or something like that. so that i Need to do nothing.

If somebody knows help pm me please.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yes works good but...if you have set up Multiple Admins for WebAdmin like for a Co-Admin and a second Co-Admin the Edit section of the BotDetonator will not be shown in the WebAdmin. Even ServerEx has got Problems to load/show his edit section. That`s what I noticed. After changing over to the old Backup without Administrators Menu in the WebAdmin, Bot Detonator had no problems.
--SNIP--

Only BotDetonator will not work in a multi-admin server setup. ServerEx works perfectly in a multi-admin setup. You are referring to an old bug, which already got solved for months back.

I tried to put in the launch batch file the commands for the mutators so that i don`t need to start the Mutators per the URL after i turned the server on. It doesn`t work. Did I something wrong or is it impossible to put in the commands for something like an autostart for all Mutators that are running? I know Smart Loader is coming but it would be cool to let Smart Loader automatically start after a server shut down or something like that. so that i Need to do nothing.

Some GSPs do prevent us from using our own command line. Some do offer some sort of a web-ui based commandline editing tool, but those tools aren't perfect. Best approach is to submit a support ticket to your GSP in which you request them to update your servers commandline for you.
With SmartLoader this GSP commandline restriction is still there, but at least you have to request them only one time to modify the commandline for you (to add SmartLoader). After that SmartLoader will start the other mutators automatically for you on every server reboot.

About the BotDetonator:

!!!Please!!! don`t touch it while players are on the server playing cause they loosing their connection and willl receive a crash with missing mutator settings error message. Even when when you click in the mutator section on the BotDetonator.

I

Upvote 0
Ducky don`t know if understand it right:

BotDetonator was running and was actice. I wanted to change a Parameter on it and two guys lost their connection. Then i wanted to make a test (learning by doing...trial and error is my method...lol) but when I selected BotDetonator again two guys were kicked. ReservedSlots was inactive at this time. Is it this what you mean that ReservedSlots was inactive?
Ok you said we need/ it is recommended to turn it off until the new release is out. I

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ducky don`t know if understand it right:

BotDetonator was running and was actice. I wanted to change a Parameter on it and two guys lost their connection. Then i wanted to make a test (learning by doing...trial and error is my method...lol) but when I selected BotDetonator again two guys were kicked. ReservedSlots was inactive at this time. Is it this what you mean that ReservedSlots was inactive?
Ok you said we need/ it is recommended to turn it off until the new release is out. I

Upvote 0