• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map [Map] TE - Climb Up

Noticed that in the Steam Workshop Climbup beta 0.8 seems to be a different and much larger file. It causes my version RO2. Anyone else experiencing a similar problem?

oO thats new for me. i plan a new bigger update for maybe today or tomorrow. i hope that will fix it.

@BlackLabel
cartonish? ^^ i think i now what you mean. its maybe a bit to ambious and nice. like love and piece. but i sitting here at Hamburg (in the North of Germany). We have really often bad weather over here and the winter was really hard. I need to get my Sun from somewhere and thats "green" maps in sdk xD

@Mike_Nomad
great thanks! you guys playing my map a lot. its realy cool! but i need to say you, i changed some stuff after i saw you playing on my map :D but i think its not toooo much, but the allies has now more possibilites to get to B and get more smoke to B.

Upvote 0
@BlackLabel
cartonish? ^^ i think i now what you mean. its maybe a bit to ambious and nice. like love and piece. but i sitting here at Hamburg (in the North of Germany). We have really often bad weather over here and the winter was really hard. I need to get my Sun from somewhere and thats "green" maps in sdk xD

ha, das gef

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Spaehling, have you sorted out the issue that allowed me to have a picnic on top of a hill ([b3]b3 map location) right behind the german spawn, with my mg34? :3

as much fun as that was taking pot shots at the occasional german who dared assault my hill. it would be nice if it was fixed. so people dont abuse it as i was in a prime position to mow down the entire german team when they spawned :(.

but apart from that, lovely map. I was like oh nice there are stukas, OH GOD WHY IS IT DIVING AT ME.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
We've got a problem here:
Almost every time, we decide to play ClimbUp, the server crashes.
Everybody sees the "Server is changing Map, F10 to exit" picture.
And if you look in Steam, the Server is not available for some minutes.
After some minutes, when it has been restarted you can reach it normally again.
This happens, when ClimbUp load or when ClimbUp was has been played and a new map is loading.

Its not the fault of the map.

some thoughts;

• Check your .ini file for the map.
  • Some servers are file name case sensitive (Linux/Unix)
  • file integrity
  • correct client file extenders roe/upk
If it was the fault of the map.... it would be happening to all servers.

Upvote 0
Getting the following error:

Download Package "TE-Climbup" error opening file

I have reloaded the most refiles and used the prescribed .ini file.

No luck. Any suggestions or is the map just out of date?

My installed copy of TE-Bridges_of_Druzhina works just fine.

The .ini files.

[TE-Bridges_of_Druzhina ROUIDataProvider_MapInfo]
MapName=TE-Bridges_of_Druzhina
FriendlyName=Bridges_of_Druzhina
GameType=ROGame.ROGameInfoTerritories
PreviewImageMarkup=<Images:ui_textures.menus.HostG ame.MapSelect_Community>
Description=Bridges_of_Druzhina Map
LoadMapMovie=LoadScreen_Community
MapType16=ROMT_CombinedArms
MapType32=ROMT_CombinedArms
MapType64=ROMT_CombinedArms

[TE-Climbup ROUIDataProvider_MapInfo]
MapName=TE-Climbup
FriendlyName=Climbup
GameType=ROGame.ROGameInfoTerritories
PreviewImageMarkup=
Description=Climbup Map
LoadMapMovie=
MapTips=
MapTips=
MapType16=ROMT_InfantryOnly
MapType32=ROMT_InfantryOnly
MapType64=ROMT_InfantryOnly

[TE-Climbup ROUIDataProvider_WorldInfo]
MapName=TE-Climbup
FriendlyName=Climbup
PreviewImageMarkup=
Description=Climbup Map

Upvote 0
Tested again and have strange download consistency issues.

I deleted my copy of TE-Bridges of Druzhina from documents>my games>redorchestra2>Ro Game....etc.

I restarted the server, changed the map TE- Bridges..., and joined the server. The map downloaded fine but the next player in got the download error.

I shut down the server, again deleted the Bridges file, started the server, changed to TE-Climbup and attempted to join. This time I got the download error.

Something is amiss here.

I think I'm getting Bridges via steam because I subscribed to it.

Our redirect is here:
http://anarchicx.site.nfoservers.com/ro2/

This is the addy I used in the redirect above and you can see the two maps listed there.

This post suggests the versions might be different.

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=82619

One of our users subscribed to them via steam but still could not join once he downloaded those maps.

Another post suggests that the Steam Workshop and the ingame redirect are not compatible with each other...

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=85020

Last edited:
Upvote 0