• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Problem with updating my old map

Most of it is done, minus well, umm the HUD, and the Map.... IDK why that happens....

GREAT NEWS! :D
I never got the mini map to work properly. I tried once but it was never accurate so I deleted it. The HUD I cannot say why, realistic settings?

I can give it another with the mini map (follow the tutorial step by step) and then upload it to steam. But then I need the file back.

I hope the dev team gives you unlimited free tripwire games for being such a great guy ;) Anything I can do for you?

Upvote 0
I never got the mini map to work properly. I tried once but it was never accurate so I deleted it. The HUD I cannot say why, realistic settings?

I can give it another with the mini map (follow the tutorial step by step) and then upload it to steam. But then I need the file back.

I hope the dev team gives you unlimited free tripwire games for being such a great guy ;) Anything I can do for you?

Sorry, yeah sure I'll send you a link.

Upvote 0

Whats the issue with the hud and map? I am having a weird problem on a TE map where map doesnt appear, only commanders button icons. Not even objectives show. Then you cant turn it off, so you can no longer use your weapon either. Happens in both sdk and in game, is this similar to your problem?

Upvote 0
This is my problem, and this shows up when you hit the map as TL, otherwise nothing shows up and you cant close it either. If this is not what you are describing then I will make my own thread.

Spoiler!

Upvote 0
This is my problem, and this shows up when you hit the map as TL, otherwise nothing shows up and you cant close it either. If this is not what you are describing then I will make my own thread.

Spoiler!

No, I don't think the Map texture works, but for some reason after I close it I cannot bring up the tactical display...

Upvote 0
Still waiting for that link :)

Sorry it's been on the backburner for now. You're really patient. I'd probably be upset by now if I were you. Anyways, I brewed it, it works besides the HUD/Maptexture. Either the link you gave me didn't contain a map texture or something happened. I'll give you the link in a moment.

Upvote 0
Sorry it's been on the backburner for now. You're really patient. I'd probably be upset by now if I were you. Anyways, I brewed it, it works besides the HUD/Maptexture. Either the link you gave me didn't contain a map texture or something happened. I'll give you the link in a moment.

I've been working on and off on this map for 3 years so I can wait a bit longer :)

One thing that confuses me a lot is that I don't really know where to put the cmd file. Right now I put it together with the map file and I write "ROGame brewcontent TE-West-Harbor" and hit enter and get "DNS server not authorative for zone". Sorry :/ Tried to google without luck...

Upvote 0
I've been working on and off on this map for 3 years so I can wait a bit longer :)

One thing that confuses me a lot is that I don't really know where to put the cmd file. Right now I put it together with the map file and I write "ROGame brewcontent TE-West-Harbor" and hit enter and get "DNS server not authorative for zone". Sorry :/ Tried to google without luck...

hmm, just create a Cmd.exe shortcut, and in properties make sure the start path is the cmd.exe location and the target is:
...Steam\SteamApps\common\Red Orchestra 2\Binaries\Win64

Upvote 0

You can click on the PUBLISH button in the editor (top right of the tiny icons) it does the same. After map is published, the cmd opened window will crash on close, this is 'normal'..

Upvote 0