• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Problem with updating my old map

fetkatten

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 21, 2012
Hi everyone,
I'm stuck with trying to update my old map TE-West-Harbor to work with the new system. When I realized it wasn't working I spent about another 100 hours on it to improve stuff so I really hope it will work :)

Anyway, I cooked my map. It crashes but still says it's successful before doing so. I go to Tools>Update steam workhop upload. Put my stuff in and hit Upload.
Now it's complaining about not finding the map. I have no idea if I messed things up along the way but would be super grateful if someone could help me step by step.

Screenshot of new version:
v2.JPG

Last edited:
Hi everyone,
I'm stuck with trying to update my old map TE-West-Harbor to work with the new system. When I realized it wasn't working I spent about another 100 hours on it to improve stuff so I really hope it will work :)

Anyway, I cooked my map. It crashes but still says it's successful before doing so. I go to Tools>Update steam workhop upload. Put my stuff in and hit Upload.
Now it's complaining about not finding the map. I have no idea if I messed things up along the way but would be super grateful if someone could help me step by step.

Screenshot of new version:
v2.JPG
TWI stopped "cooking" maps, you need to brew them now:
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=98910

Upvote 0
I have acquired what I believe is a "COOKED" version of an older map from the original author. He does not have the UNCOOKED version from what he knows. When I try to open the map in SDK, it crashes it no matter how I try.

Is this a lost cause?

Send me a link, I'll see what I can do.
You can't make un-cook a map, unless you have potions and magicks...
Perhaps I do...

Upvote 0
If you haven't already, try deleting the mapinfo and set up a clean one.

Yeah, that was the first thing I did, didn't work. I attempted to brew it, didn't work, then re-did the damn thing in the SDK, didn't take long. So the Map info was re-done. Re-did again. Same thing, gonna try something else today, to see if it works.

Upvote 0
Yeah, that was the first thing I did, didn't work. I attempted to brew it, didn't work, then re-did the damn thing in the SDK, didn't take long. So the Map info was re-done. Re-did again. Same thing, gonna try something else today, to see if it works.

How did it go? So thankful for this, I would just have given it up if it wasn't for you doing this so thanks again mate!

Upvote 0