• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design RSTE - Mayako

1. I have block all (default, like all others) and I can still walk through this specific mesh. I might just create block volume around it.

2. According to mesh properties, they both have default one, yet they look different. I can copy it but that's not my point.

Ok that happened to me where collision only worked on one side of the mesh so i added blocking volume also.

Upvote 0
I don't have the map for you, but I hope you'll enjoy these 11 images from Mayako (1440p as usual).
http://imgur.com/a/4QPQa[url]http://imgur.com/a/4QPQa[/URL]

The map is almost done, I need to finish sounds and then only one thing will be remaining, the overhead map.

Merry Christmas.

f7pcXBF.jpg

Upvote 0
For the #2, it's easy to overlook, surprisingly it isn't shown in the Properties..
Right click the Mesh you want to change, for example on Kobura the S_ENV_Logwall1_doublehigh swaps out Sand3 Mat for another. Anyways on to how to do it.
Right Click the Mesh then Materials, and select which Material you want to change then click New Instance, from there select the desired material from the content browser, then in the Edit Material window is a bunch of properties above Physical Materials is Parent use this to change the material to the one you want, and done.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
While brewing the map, I'm getting this error:

Code:
Log: Object is missing for an export, unable to save dependency map. Most likely this is caused my conforming against a package that is missing this object. See log for more info
Anybody know how to fix it? I tested it on local server and I don't see any issue in game.

For the #2, it's easy to overlook, surprisingly it isn't shown in the Properties..
Right click the Mesh you want to change, for example on Kobura the S_ENV_Logwall1_doublehigh swaps out Sand3 Mat for another. Anyways on to how to do it.
Right Click the Mesh then Materials, and select which Material you want to change then click New Instance, from there select the desired material from the content browser, then in the Edit Material window is a bunch of properties above Physical Materials is Parent use this to change the material to the one you want, and done.

Seems to be the thing, thanks (late reply, sorry).

Upvote 0
While brewing the map, I'm getting this error:

Code:
Log: Object is missing for an export, unable to save dependency map. Most likely this is caused my conforming against a package that is missing this object. See log for more info
Anybody know how to fix it? I tested it on local server and I don't see any issue in game.

I know I had this error on my first map, and never could find the reason, the log did not show me either. I never found any problems from it though either.

Upvote 0
For me it was a mesh that there was something funny with, a crate of some kind that was connected to something not in the game. You're going to have to (back up a copy of the map) delete uncommon meshes that you don't see in stock maps maybe something that you found and thought looked new, just highlight a mesh and hit ctrl+shift+a so it selects them all of that mesh and delete them all one by one and try brewing until you find the culpript

Last edited:
Upvote 0
For me it was a mesh that there was something funny with, a crate of some kind that was connected to something not in the game. You're going to have to (back up a copy of the map) delete uncommon meshes that you don't see in stock maps maybe something that you found and thought looked new, just highlight a mesh and hit ctrl+shift+a so it selects them all of that mesh and delete them all one by one and try brewing until you find the culpript

I found the issue. It

Upvote 0
Sorry I thought it wasn't completing the brew as what happened to me. So what happened, you saved the initial terrain layer in a different package than your map? Have you tested it on a server?

No, all terrain layers have been in the correct package since the first day.

It's some problem with first terrain layer. I can delete all terrain layers and the problem is gone. When I add even just one and it's a completly new terrain layer, the issue is back.

I tested the map on local server and there is no issue from player perspective as far as I can tell.

Upvote 0
No, all terrain layers have been in the correct package since the first day.

It's some problem with first terrain layer. I can delete all terrain layers and the problem is gone. When I add even just one and it's a completly new terrain layer, the issue is back.

I tested the map on local server and there is no issue from player perspective as far as I can tell.
Did you copy any Terrain Layers from other maps? This could be the reason why it's not saving properly.

Upvote 0
When you click 'new terrain setup layer' you are 100% it says 'RSTE-yourmapname' in 'package'? Same when you create a material layer? That's the only reason I can think of. But if that was the case you would've gotten this issue at the start of your map's development. Can you send me the broken version in PM so I can see for myself.

I'm sure. I sent you PM with the map.
Also, wouldn't a standalone package cause missing textures in game?

Upvote 0