• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Compiled list of *good* suggestions from RO for ROHOS

Three firing methods (hip/shoulder/sights) suggested? I am glad you have not suggested 25 firing methods.

This again adds artificiality into the game and takes away immersion and intuitiveness. Shouldered and sighted is as far as it goes.

Yep it's in the OP already.

Also added some more stuff. Thanks Zets and TT33.

Upvote 0
Not so sure about that. I mean you can't move fast with a rifle shouldered, so are you saying that the only speeds should be sholdered/IS and sprint? I can see that being very fustrating.

How about we keep the current hip/is system (although with something added to make hipping harder, maybe even just not allow it), and then replace walking ( which no-one ever uses in its current form) with shouldered weapon.

So most of the time you run around like normal, and right click or whatever to raise IS, then if you are going to clear a room, you hold shift to raise your wepaon up, reducing your speed but making less noise and easier (MUCH easier I hope) to shoot.

Personaly I think hipping needs to be kept for smgs, and probably rifles too if they can find a way to make it very very hard and very random, so basicaly impossible to get good enough to rely on it like many do in RO:O. But I would rather see hipping for rifles removed totaly than kept in its current form.

Upvote 0
One thing that always disappointed me about the UT 2.5 engine is how it handled, or rather did not, handle object collisions. You can throw a satchel charge onto the engine deck of a tank, only to have it slide off like it has no friction. I would like to see a more robust system for items interacting with moving vehicles, a satchel charge sitting next to a tank might only blow a track off, but if you manage to stick one in the gap between the turret and hull of a tank it can blow the turret off. Maybe even add in magnetic mines etc.

Upvote 0
One thing would be cool and immersive is the abilty to see your own chest, legs and feet when you look down on the screen.

This would require Tripwire to put the camera in the head of the character.

Are you aware that in RO:OST you are looking from the CHEST of your character? It is time for them to change it, even if it means that you will not see your weapon during jogging/sprinting.

Upvote 0
** long range view distance like in current RO (4000 meters)

In RO: ost front it is possible to make up to a 4000m or 4 km view distance map this long feature is very important to the tankers of Ro although RO:Heores of Stalingrad may not have a use for this feature it would be great if its still an Sdk possiblity for mappers to make some great long range tank maps.-:)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Nades

Nades

I think what really needs to be added into this game is that you can pick up and throw back nades. Should you pick up a nade and it explodes while you got it in your hands, it should still be counted as a kill from the initial guy who threw it. Once released from your hand, a nade that has been picked up should be counted as yours and also count as teamkill.

Besides, I would like to see the Russian MG on wheels (donno type and name), but you all know what I mean ;-)

Cheerz,

Sensemann

Upvote 0
the actual problem is that the camera is in the last pixel of the head normally, but for the player it looks like it is in the chest

Do you have any references to prove that Tripwire designed it in that way?

It never looked natural in RO:OST. It looked as if your arms were growing out of your head! This needs to be changed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0