• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Updating -- what is it?

OMG WHAT IS THE UPDATE?? Wait.. new maps? New weapons? Oh don't tell me, new armies????????? Or maybe new game modes that make players work together creating not only a fun but addictive gameplay too!!!!!

edit* nvm it's 2.6gb of worthless junk.

Yep.

Killed that download pretty quickly. I'm not wasting bandwidth on something that has no tangible benefit to me. Even the 14GB RO2 is taking up on my HDD is starting to become a waste of space. I've not completely given up hope the game can be salvaged, but my patience is wearing thin.

In retrospect, I should have gone with my gut instinct when I saw that pic of the ninja soldier with his Mkb. Realistic games that try and appeal to a broader audience almost always turn into fragmented crap.

Upvote 0
OMG WHAT IS THE UPDATE?? Wait.. new maps? New weapons? Oh don't tell me, new armies????????? Or maybe new game modes that make players work together creating not only a fun but addictive gameplay too!!!!!

edit* nvm it's 2.6gb of worthless junk.

Yep.

Killed that download pretty quickly. I'm not wasting bandwidth on something that has no tangible benefit to me. Even the 14GB RO2 is taking up on my HDD is starting to become a waste of space. I've not completely given up hope the game can be salvaged, but my patience is wearing thin.

In retrospect, I should have gone with my gut instinct when I saw that pic of the ninja soldier with his Mkb. Realistic games that try and appeal to a broader audience almost always turn into fragmented crap.
sure are some short-sided individuals around here. the cling-ons are amusing as well.

Upvote 0
No need to respond to baits.

Yeah, you're right. I just get sick of the whingers :eek:. Hopefully this will only be a temporary inconvenience and then keeping custom maps updated will be a lot easier. No more missing half the round to sit through a download because you forgot to run the Cache Extractor/Downloader :)

Upvote 0