• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Jason D Marks new book coming soon! Great resource for new battles\modders.

Wodin

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 15, 2006
Liverpool UK
I have a fairly extensive Military history library mainly covering WW1 but still a fair collection of WW2 books many covering the East front and I can say with certainty Jason's book Island of Fire about the attack on the Barricady Factory sits as my No1 book, not only for military history but my No1 book full stop.

Now coming soon is "Into Oblivion – Kharkov to Stalingrad: The Story of Pionier-Bataillon 305" . This battalion is covered in Island of Fire and in away you can say this is the prequel to island of Fire

I will say the books aren't cheap, however I wouldn't part with my copy of island of fire once out of print for any money, it's my prize posession.So I have no doybts at all this new book is going to be as superb as his previous books. I usually ask my Mum and Dad to get me on for Xmas;) (well I have done for his Cholm book and for other expensive books in the past and I will do for this upcoming book).

Anyway I can't recommend his books enough. If you have any interest at all in WW2 then they are must reads and must owns no matter the price. I can't think of anytthing else I could recommend with such certainty.

Finally if the 305th RO Clan is still operating this the perfect two books for those clan members.