• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Call of Duty: Black Ops II

Heisenberg

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 14, 2012
Appearantly set in the (middle-)near future. Debut trailer will be out in an hour.

bo2.jpg

bo21.jpg

The setting does look kinda cool and I've always preferred the Treyarch CoDs, but since I'm 100% sure that it still uses the same crappy engine it'll probably be the same **** as before more or less. Still, I'd rather have this than Modern Warfare 463593.

If it has lasers I might consider buying it. Does this mean modern warfare games are finished like WWII?

I would hope not. We have plenty of sci fi shooters as it is. Which I do like, but I do like playing with contemporary military shooters.

I don't care for the theme change, but then again, it is CoD so I did not care for it in the first place. And it will play the same as CoD 2 anyways, regardless of if it is modern, 1960s, or future.

Upvote 0
Call of Duty : Black Ops 2 : Giant Enemy Spacecrabs Invading Earth who Manipulated the Russians & Chinese to Make a Deal With the Crabs and Invades the United States Because Nobody Believed Giant Enemy Spacecrabs Exists : A New Tomorrow : Also Colon Cancer - The Crab Collector's Edition.

If that'd be true I'd preorder it on the spot.

Upvote 0
Will probably be garbage like most of the COD's made today. I honestly thought the police warfare kickstarter wasn't a bad idea. It looked better then this. I thought COD 4 was the last decent COD game. In my opinion, I don't changing the modern setting was necessary, but instead a change of gameplay. They should have made a game with a more realistic and authentic feel, but in the middle. Like something more realistic then all the other COD's, but not as realistic as say Operation Flashpoint.

Upvote 0
Will probably be garbage like most of the COD's made today. I honestly thought the police warfare kickstarter wasn't a bad idea. It looked better then this. I thought COD 4 was the last decent COD game. In my opinion, I don't changing the modern setting was necessary, but instead a change of gameplay. They should have made a game with a more realistic and authentic feel, but in the middle. Like something more realistic then all the other COD's, but not as realistic as say Operation Flashpoint.
It's called Battlefield 3

Upvote 0
So this pic is true after all:
12550073e8f3b26a34c25419fe6d1371.jpg

But now it's just shoot the **** out of each other... in the future.

It was true in Black Ops one. Fake war(s). Well, they threw around terms like "Vietnam War" though the "Vietnam" maps did not feature Vietnam specific content. It essentially was a bunch of random guns and people running around various places shooting each other.

Upvote 0