• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What else do you play?

Hellmeat

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 7, 2013
Austin, TX
While I wait for new content to come out for KF2, there are several games I rotate through when I have a couple hours to kill and just want to veg out on the couch. I was looking for something new to play this weekend and figured "Hey, I lurk in a forum with a bunch of people who play at least ONE game I like..." so here I am, soliciting game recommendations from you guys!

Right now, I'm playing the following (please don't judge me) When I play, I get like an hour or two before I have to drop everything and jump over to whatever is next on my list of "to do" items. Between work, GF, band stuff, and martial arts my time for games is kinda limited.

PC Games I play the most
Fallout 4
Albino Lullaby
Dying Light
Gauntlet
Dishonored

PS4 Games
GTA5 / Watchdogs / Sleeping Dogs
Diablo 3
Darksiders 2
Assassin's Creed - Black Flag
Witcher 3
Metal Gear Solid 5

My favorite kinds of games are Survival Horror, like I will break out the PS2 / Xbox / Gamecube and run through old Silent Hill or Resident Evil games. I am a huge fan of Dead Space 1 and 2. Dead Space 3 is dead to me and doesn't exist because it was horrible.

I'm interested in what you guys like to play! Maybe I will find a gem here that I overlooked =)

Last edited:
payday 2 is pretty good. It has coop and leveling like kf2.

Hey! Yeah! I bought Payday 2 and really liked it! The community was actually REALLY friendly and helpful, as long as you let everyone know in the lobby you are a new player, everyone I met was extremely helpful in showing you the ropes and what gear to take on a "Loud" or "Soft" mission! If you guys see this on sale on Steam, it's a great buy! Nice one, Imnrk!

Upvote 0
Just finished Just Cause 3 earlier, not done with it though quite a satisfying game, especially if you're looking to unlock the fun "mods" for it then it can sink some time!

If you like survival horror I wonder if you have played Alien: Isolation, Amnesia: The Dark Descent, Penumbra and Outlast? All great survival horror games, funnily enough Outlast and Alien are my favourites there. Alien was made by the guys who did Rome: Total War too, their first "FPS-Style" game I think, amazing if it was!

One I went through recently as I got it for my birthday (christmas eve) was The Evil Within. Not a survival horror, plays like RE4 (no surprise there, made by the same guy) but in the beginning it can be pretty unnerving and it is good at making you uneasy with disorientation and confusion about where you are, what's even happening etc.

This last suggestion is a 50/50, you may love it or your purchase may backfire as I have no idea how active the community is, but Evolve is a great and original multiplayer idea and does some things well. Hunting the monster is great fun, being hunted by the humans is great fun and being hunted by the fully grown monster also adds that unnerving tension sometimes. That last one would be good for a match or two fitting your schedule too!

I also have other ideas like a bunch of old HL2 mods that still have an active community, if you have HL2 and are interested I can drop some names!

Upvote 0
Just finished Just Cause 3 earlier, not done with it though quite a satisfying game, especially if you're looking to unlock the fun "mods" for it then it can sink some time!

Defiantly going to pick this up, then! I am a big fan of Farcry, GTA, Saint's Row (don't judge me), etc. Thanks for the heads up!

If you like survival horror I wonder if you have played Alien: Isolation, Amnesia: The Dark Descent, Penumbra and Outlast? All great survival horror games, funnily enough Outlast and Alien are my favourites there. Alien was made by the guys who did Rome: Total War too, their first "FPS-Style" game I think, amazing if it was!

Outlast and Alien: Isolation were both great! I much enjoyed The Evil Within, as well. I also got a PS4 game called Before Dawn that I liked a LOT! Kind of linear but really good if you like story-driven horror. More like an interactive movie than anything. More of a party game where you sit around with a bunch of friends and play through, MST3K Style.

This last suggestion is a 50/50, you may love it or your purchase may backfire as I have no idea how active the community is, but Evolve is a great and original multiplayer idea and does some things well. Hunting the monster is great fun, being hunted by the humans is great fun and being hunted by the fully grown monster also adds that unnerving tension sometimes. That last one would be good for a match or two fitting your schedule too!

I will add it to my wish list on Steam, to me it sounded cool, but the community reviews were either love it or hate it. I like co-op a lot and wanted to check it out, I just got side tracked with a bunch of other games =)

Thanks for the recommendations! I look forward to checking out Just Cause 3 and Evolve!

Upvote 0
Before christmass I sold all my KF2 micro BS and bought ARK Survival Evolved.

2 days ago I stopped my KF2 server subscription and rented ARK server for the whole 2016 and I plan on getting over 50 slots because with 30 slots is considered a small server.

The game is amaizing and if you start a small community and server is even better.

Also I got Dying Light and got 100% on it ... it's amaizing cant wait for February stand alone expansion with vehicles and huge open world.

TBH I don't feel like playing KF2 at all. Feels like a chore more than enjoyment. And on top of that put all the perk training lvl 25 noobs that leave you the last survivor on 160+ zeds and leave the server ... naaaaah ... and people who play for the sole reason to get "drops" that just die in order to get to the end screen.

TWI ruined KF2 even before it is out. Probably should get a reward for that :D

Upvote 0
I finished The Elder Scrolls I: Arena last December and now I'm playing TES II: Daggerfall. My first TES game was Skyrim a few years ago, and since then I concieved the image from the internet that fans only consider Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim the important games, because those are the new HD games. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that the first two games are just as good as the later ones.
I'm not really playing anything else right now. I stopped playing KF2 after I levelled up my Gunslinger.

Upvote 0
Ghost in the Shell online, it's great. Also Killing floor obviously.

Dirty Bomb > GITS
No, but srsly i should probably get Ghost.

So far, i exclusivly play Dirty Bomb. I dont really touch the KF series anymore :/
I dont play Payday 2 anymore, Black Ops 3 Zombies is awful on PC, and I think TF2 is a once in a blue moon deal for me.
Over 100 games in my steam, and play only 1 game that is free.

Upvote 0
Killing Floor 1, Payday 2, Insurgency, Team Fortress 2 and I recently started playing Irisu Syndrome(I love physics game as I used to play them a lot in 2008. I want to play the Incredible Machine again but I can't be arsed to get it) Also started playing Cry of Fear. Cave Story+ is a great game, don't try hard difficulty though! A frustrating mess. You should also check out Towerclimb.
Here's a list of Co-Op games I recommend:KF1,PD2,Insurgency,God mode(dead game) Castler Crashers and BattleBlock Theater. Cry of Fear has a pretty boring co-op though. That's all I've got.

Upvote 0
I finished The Elder Scrolls I: Arena last December and now I'm playing TES II: Daggerfall. My first TES game was Skyrim a few years ago, and since then I concieved the image from the internet that fans only consider Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim the important games, because those are the new HD games. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that the first two games are just as good as the later ones.
I'm not really playing anything else right now. I stopped playing KF2 after I levelled up my Gunslinger.

Daggerfall was probably the game that got me into gaming. Daggerfall and Might and Magic, and to some extent the Wizardry series.

Upvote 0