• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Specimenation Versus Mod vs. 200 and over

OMG! This mutator is really dead :(
Here is my latest talk to Black Cheetah:

21:55:24
Chad Pain

u still proceed on KF minigame
21:55:27
Chad Pain

and KF Versus?
21:55:34
Black Cheetah

no
21:55:37
Black Cheetah

i am tired of steam
21:55:42
Black Cheetah

too immature for me
21:56:09
Black Cheetah

i get frustrated with the thought that most people who play games are in their 20s but act like kids

Upvote 0
I'm hosting this now on my clans server [}{]KFL 32 Player Server 24/7
IP: 180.222.22.146:7707 its hosted in Australia,Victoria,Melbourne.

Theres a problem that happens to me when i play this mutator but not anyone else. The problem is when i select to be a specimen, then ill be playing for around 1-3 minutes then my screen just goes black and freezes. Any idea what the problem is?

Upvote 0
I'm hosting this now on my clans server [}{]KFL 32 Player Server 24/7
IP: 180.222.22.146:7707 its hosted in Australia,Victoria,Melbourne.

Theres a problem that happens to me when i play this mutator but not anyone else. The problem is when i select to be a specimen, then ill be playing for around 1-3 minutes then my screen just goes black and freezes. Any idea what the problem is?

Wtf ur server contains alot of stuff. Waiting already 30 mins to get in the server, still DLing sum stuff...

Upvote 0
OMG! This mutator is really dead :(
Here is my latest talk to Black Cheetah:

i am tired of steam
21:55:42
Black Cheetah

too immature for me
21:56:09
Black Cheetah

i get frustrated with the thought that most people who play games are in their 20s but act like kids

...Well, he can piss off then, if that's what he thinks of us.

I'm sorry to say it like that, but honestly. That MSN/whateverchatprogram message was just bloody rude to everyone. He sounds like a child 'imself.

Don't know what the hell he's been through, but he should at least have the bloody decency to say he's not going to work on it anymore himself.

Steam =/= TWI Forums.

Ugh, I dunno, I can't properly explain what my problem is with that little convo but it just pisses me off so much.

I'm expecting a lot of minuses for this

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Great but needs some fixes

Great but needs some fixes

This is a great mod cheetah, but i feel like it's not finished, for starters, the sound randomly stops for players and a silent game of killing floor gets boring quick. Next the specimens walk needs to be less shaky, i can understand some shake but not as much as it does. Also their needs to be some control on the spawning because if someone spawns out of normal boundaries it crashes everyone (here i suggest that instead of the specimen players being able to fly have them as non-clipping invisible players with "god-mode" because if your playing with bots the bots can see and kill you during spawn mode.). final suggestion this has to do with mission maps, This mut needs to be made compatible with mission style maps i tried to run this on one of the servers i'm admin on and it crashed the whole !@#! server.

Upvote 0
This is a great mod cheetah, but i feel like it's not finished, for starters, the sound randomly stops for players and a silent game of killing floor gets boring quick. Next the specimens walk needs to be less shaky, i can understand some shake but not as much as it does. Also their needs to be some control on the spawning because if someone spawns out of normal boundaries it crashes everyone (here i suggest that instead of the specimen players being able to fly have them as non-clipping invisible players with "god-mode" because if your playing with bots the bots can see and kill you during spawn mode.). final suggestion this has to do with mission maps, This mut needs to be made compatible with mission style maps i tried to run this on one of the servers i'm admin on and it crashed the whole !@#! server.

thread date, read it.

Upvote 0

well, BlackCheetah left the building a while ago, and left this nice work unfinished, as you guessed. Unfortunately, this means that a finished version is pretty much impossible. :(

Upvote 0
Quick question, whose Marco?

And also, are all the source code files avaible? I wouldn't know what to do, but if they are, we could petition Tripwire to have alook at what they can do... I think it would be a huge updae that would renew play all throughout the community, add that to a Steam sale and we have a bargain ladies and gentlemen! :D

My apologies if this has been mentioned before, but there are 25 pages to read... :eek: I will come out now and say that i ahve not read it all :rolleyes: :p

I would love to play a game like this but I don't that a half finished thing is really worth while, I think it would really be a bit of a waste of time and quite frustrating if errors and crashes and sound stops, etc etc are a frequent occurence. :(

Reactions: Benjamin
Upvote 0
if dedicated server doesn't work get the 2k4menus.utx file from the games textures
put it in the dedicated server's textures folder.
Listen sucks

i have already download this plugin but some bugs, now i just do not kown where is the dedicated server textures folder:confused:
i am waiting for help online

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Specimenation coming by soo.

Its doing great, the bots in single player follow you if you are human, and they go to trader when she calls for some loving.

The gameplay has changed alot while testing it. You feel you are really holding up a defense against specimens as you wait for trader to open her door.

You will not know where she is only when she opens her doors she'll say where she is. I chose this type of play because it seemed more logical and realistic since the trader moves around after shopping is over, I don't think its realistic to know in a instant where she is right after you just saw her.
It feels better running towards the trader with doors open rather than waiting for wave over then rushing as fast as you can, you can instead casually go there while specimen on your back and get in the room shoot the zeds out and lock yourselves away for 40 seconds, then when wave is over you go back out with the awaiting horde outside.

The specimens never stop comming. When you lock yourselves in the trader room you will find wandering creatures howling outside waiting for some big guns.

When your squad is killed, you have 3 tries to stay alive if you have finished all your tries, the team will then changeover and you will have to be the other team, and the other team be human.

Gameplay length I would go on a 4 wave server for 45 mins - 1 hr.

I am thinking of points for a person to use special combos or maybe like roll the dice a person raises to 100 points and they are allowed to use random combo to see what they get, maybe combos such as invisibility where the person is invisible to the specimens and they don't see you.

What else could I think of... Objectives?

i got an idea :D why not on human team when they get to 150 their player model phases by 5-10% therefore reducing their damage intake by a little?

--Edit:sorry for bumping, didn't notice how old this is

Last edited:
Upvote 0