• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Few Hints and Tips

Snypr18;n2296400 said:
Does anyone know if its possible to play a survival round in-editor? I am looking to test spawn volumes, player starts, etc. It would be nice not to have to load the game client to test.

Unfortunately from what I could gather, the only way to test out is to load the map directly through KF2. I do believe this is unfortunately a downside of UDK in general. However I heard that they fixed it in UE4.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Snypr18;n2296400 said:
Does anyone know if its possible to play a survival round in-editor? I am looking to test spawn volumes, player starts, etc. It would be nice not to have to load the game client to test.

The closest you can get is this:

1. Have the SDK and the game open at the same time.
2. Open the map in-game through the console; hit F3 and type "open KF-MapName.kfm" without the quotes. You might not need the .kfm either but whatever
3. Play and test, quit to menu when done and tab back into the SDK. Do your edits, save the map and move it back over to the Map folder overwriting the old one
4. Repeat step 2.

Reactions: Pt.Jones
Upvote 0
Seanchaoz;n2296440 said:

2. Open the map in-game through the console; hit F3 and type "open KF-MapName.kfm" without the quotes. You might not need the .kfm either but whatever
3. Play and test, quit to menu when done and tab back into the SDK. Do your edits, save the map and move it back over to the Map folder overwriting the old one
4. Repeat step 2.

Interesting approach, I would have to definitely try this out. I remember once i tried to load the map directly through the solo option but it kept giving me problems. Never tried the "open ..." option before though.

Upvote 0
Seanchaoz;n2296440 said:

4. Repeat step 2.

Thanks very much, Ill try this.

Upvote 0