• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Rundown of the March 30th "Game Night with the Community!" Live stream

Kittenmittens

Tripwire Interactive Community Team
Staff member
This is a small rundown of the March 30th Game Night with the Community.

To see the full post by Hazardous Monkey and links to info on past streams https://www.reddit.com/r/killingfloo...ight_with_the/

PC, or game wide news

• A few horzine powered armor skins are in the works (at least 1)

• Very hopeful for a boss this year - it's one of their largest projects to undertake.

• Seasonal zeds are coming back this year, it's been in the works for the last few months.

• Obviously, new weapons are being developed and will be released before the year ends.

• Unique weapons are being developed for the Survivalist (49:35)

• Flying zeds is something they really like the idea of, but has the same sort of issues wall crawlers currently has.

• Addition of voice commands are something they've been looking into, but are waiting until they have more lines to record all at once.

• Like we've known for awhile, cross-platform play isn't planned for future.

• Attachment system will probably never happen for kf2.

• Linux dedicated servers soontm​

PS4 Specific

• For PS4, lack of a trading system or market presence is the fault of PS4 support issue. If systems become available in the future, they'd love to ramp it up.

Reactions: s5yn3t
taiiat;n2291426 said:
but what of the Perk hammering that home with Survivalist Weapons that... are 'jack of all trades' Weapons?

I mean I like the idea of a perk that can use every other perk's weapons, while not having unique ones of it's own. I'm not opposed to the idea of giving it unique weapons, as that just means more weapons, I just think it messes up with the feel of the class. I think all Survivalist really needs is a unique knife and re-done skills, as there are already pretty good weapon combos for survivalist that don't work as well with other classes.

Upvote 0
Kittenmittens said:
• A few horzine powered armor skins are in the works (at least 1)
Please don't scam us with crates or USBs... In KF1 I paid about 1,50€ - 2€ for character DLCs and got 4 characters every time (Ash and Harold being exceptions).

Kittenmittens said:
• Addition of voice commands are something they've been looking into, but are waiting until they have more lines to record all at once.
Yeeesssss I've waited for this so long <3 Can we INSULT PLAYERS in the future? 8DDD

Upvote 0
Kittenmittens;n2291174 said:
• Attachment system will probably never happen for kf2.

Why is that? Is it so hard to implement? Isn't it basically removing the current attachments from the weapon model and then make a pre-set alignment for every attachment to every weapon so the attachment fits right into it.

The weapons models are already there and a few attachments also.

Upvote 0
Rattler;n2292100 said:
This is what ruined KF1 tbh.
I agree. I'm glad we've got characters like classic briar and Masterson + voice actors but chickenator and that robot in KF1 felt unnecessary, not to mention a few others... I never was a fan of events that involved Zeds being remodelled into something silly.

If I must choose I'd pick Serious Floor 2 over Comedy Floor 2. Maps like Nuked made me squeal of joy, that's the harsh reality characters should face 8)

Upvote 0