• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Upcoming Changes to Monetization - And Why We Are Making Them

Clone with a mark 7 suit;n2334285 said:
It can. Trust me. I've seen pvp games in which if you pay you have access to more ammo crates and spots to get more ammo. If you think that kf2 is the worst you have seen nothing. I've seen worst. This is not worst. It could get like a pay to win android game filled with cheating trolls.

I see KF2 becoming F2P as opportunity to get much(and I mean much) bigger playerbase, not getting more P2W options. Pay for new weapons is fine by me.

Upvote 0
Coffee009;n2334422 said:
also I feel like pay to win is a redundant issue in a PvE game tbh

True, but some people care about being able to get the most kills, do the most damage on the team, etc. Some of that is mitigated by the fact that the DLC weapons will be available to everyone on a server, even if just one person owns the DLC, but that would mean that you would probably need to switch perks in order to actually use them effectively. Also, some of us would be disappointed if the new weapons made things too easy on harder difficulties where you're actually looking for a challenge.

Upvote 0
GigaBowserX;n2334470 said:
True, but some people care about being able to get the most kills, do the most damage on the team, etc. Some of that is mitigated by the fact that the DLC weapons will be available to everyone on a server, even if just one person owns the DLC, but that would mean that you would probably need to switch perks in order to actually use them effectively. Also, some of us would be disappointed if the new weapons made things too easy on harder difficulties where you're actually looking for a challenge.

Don't worry: people(including me) already tried new weapons and they are mediocre at best.

Upvote 0
missing_trigger;n2334478 said:
Don't worry: people(including me) already tried new weapons and they are mediocre at best.

Ah, are you talking about playing the beta version? I just found out about opting into that (bit of a noob here). Will that allow me to try the new weapons? I'm guessing there's not a lot of time left before the actual update hits, so I may be short on time, but I'd still like to take a look at the new weapons if I can.

Upvote 0
GigaBowserX;n2334482 said:
Ah, are you talking about playing the beta version? I just found out about opting into that (bit of a noob here). Will that allow me to try the new weapons? I'm guessing there's not a lot of time left before the actual update hits, so I may be short on time, but I'd still like to take a look at the new weapons if I can.

nah, beta usually lasts about a month... by that time whoever opted in gets sick of seeing the event zeds during that period of time.... and then a consecutive month of when the event goes live for everyone lol.

Upvote 0
GigaBowserX;n2334510 said:
Do we know when the current beta will end? I guess it would also be helpful to know when it started, since the general consensus seems to be that it lasts about a month.

Beta started when they posted about it in the forums under the news section, the same section this thread is in. It'll end when the halloween event goes live. If the last years are anything to go by that'll be sometime in the first week of October and go through sometime in the first week of November. Shortly after that the winter event beta will begin, etc.

Reactions: GigaBowserX
Upvote 0
Tripwire Interactive know what they are doing. I understand that at some point you will have paid dlcs in a form or another to continue the development of the whole game and other and / or new games which is very expensive (that's what a game dev company does and lives of).
We live in different times. You don't release a game without any updates and hope it pays off to be able to develop the next game.
TWI is the last company I'd think of to milk games with nonsense content and high prices. But the players decide it in the end whether it's worth it for them or not. And I really hope we will find a way for TWI and us the players to play on.
In KF1 times I bought every dlc because I thought the prices and what we got was worth it.
I'm ready to pay for additional, cool content and I'd really like to try out the dlc weapons but I will probably wait for a discount to be honest.

Reactions: manoleirando
Upvote 0
While I like the idea of updating to Unreal 4, the problem is that usually not all the assets would be done in a reasonable time. So you'd have the main game and initial maps and weapons done, but then would have to wait for the additional maps and weapons to be released as updates over a longer period of time. It would be fantastic if there was a quick and automated conversion tool for converting Unreal 3 to Unreal 4.

Upvote 0