• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor 2 Halloween Horrors Changelog - Version 1056

Lol. No more "Five thunderstrikes down your head" for commandos.:rolleyes:

Note: SWAT flashbangs seems to have the same problem, however due to its low primary damage this is not obvious. Recommend TWI to check grenade damage of EVERY perk to see if there's any buffed incorrectly, especially by the skills which enhances damage of 9mm and the knife!

Also, HPR seem to work on the commando knife. A no-obviously bug.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Loving the update! The new map is way better than The Descent IMO (I love the battlefield portion). Very inventive and differentiating set-pieces.

I'm not yet sure of what to think of the Hemoglobin. It seems to be specifically for large Zeds as the AR takes care of everything else. Definitely makes the medic a bit more useful during boss waves besides simply healing your team.

The Seeker Six is pretty neat, though I'm not really sure if it's any better than my old M79+RPG combo. Especially on waves 6 and 7 when you have large zeds galore.

I'm liking the dosh vault. Free cosmetics that aren't the same woodland camo that I've received 50 times? Yes please! I got a bat-cat camo for Jagerthorne and a new purple dress for Rea. Good stuff TW!

Upvote 0
Fouts;n2306790 said:
Loving the update! The new map is way better than The Descent IMO (I love the battlefield portion). Very inventive and differentiating set-pieces.

I'm not yet sure of what to think of the Hemoglobin. It seems to be specifically for large Zeds as the AR takes care of everything else. Definitely makes the medic a bit more useful during boss waves besides simply healing your team.

The Seeker Six is pretty neat, though I'm not really sure if it's any better than my old M79+RPG combo. Especially on waves 6 and 7 when you have large zeds galore.

I'm liking the dosh vault. Free cosmetics that aren't the same woodland camo that I've received 50 times? Yes please! I got a bat-cat camo for Jagerthorne and a new purple dress for Rea. Good stuff TW!

I find the damage from the seeker to be lack luster in the later waves, when big zeds become more frequent. That weapon will just end up pissing off a lot of things instead of doing a considerable amount of damage per volley. I will admit that it does have strong stumble and knockdown, but as a demo, your job is to destroy the big guys as quick as possible, not pelt them little by little. Tried it on a full team on HoE, wasn't as effective as the RPG. Doesn't help the missiles do less damage than even the M79, which is a bit bad for a T4 weapon.

Upvote 0
I played for a while with the Seeker Six but to be honest... it's overpowered. I only need it to lock on to everything and hit the button. You don't need any skill. I love the gun but people tend to not like it when I'm spamming that thing and kill everything in front of them without their help. It's interesting how different the opinions are. I play on suicidal and before the update I had difficulties to reach higher waves as a demo but now I just buy the SS and blow everything away.

Another thing is... it's bugged. When you go into slow-motion and shoot it when it has the lock-on, it sometimes fires even more rockets than it has in it's rocket chamber. Also it often shoots more rockets than you had targets locked on and it still shows you have rockets left but when you try to fire it only shoot blanks.

Upvote 0
Tefaan;n2306886 said:
I played for a while with the Seeker Six but to be honest... it's overpowered. I only need it to lock on to everything and hit the button. You don't need any skill. I love the gun but people tend to not like it when I'm spamming that thing and kill everything in front of them without their help. It's interesting how different the opinions are. I play on suicidal and before the update I had difficulties to reach higher waves as a demo but now I just buy the SS and blow everything away.

For regular trash I think it's pretty great. My issue with it is it's on the same level as the RPG in weight and dosh but I'd rather use an RPG for FP's.

If they had just said it would be on the level of the m79 (or slightly above) in cost and maybe 1 or 2 weight more I'd probably be just fine with it.

/edit

I'll keep playing around with it. Maybe I'll change my mind in time... you're not the only person who likes it so I'm not trying to say the gun is complete garbage or anything like that. It's just not what I had it built up to be in my head prior to the release heh.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
SRTP-14;n2306941 said:
Golden hats, plastic guns, idiotic emotions, donate-Chickenator, donat boxes, clown funny maps, pumpkins, tickets, dosh vaults, new(old) boss.
What's happening? This is a childrens 3+ F2P-game? Just a shame.

source.gif

Reactions: Reclusiarch
Upvote 0
SRTP-14;n2306941 said:
Golden hats, plastic guns, idiotic emotions, donate-Chickenator, donat boxes, clown funny maps, pumpkins, tickets, dosh vaults, new(old) boss.
What's happening? This is a childrens 3+ F2P-game? Just a shame.

Hardcore trolling. :D

Most of the things you listed are just like any other cosmetic in this game (or the previous) - if you don't care for them you don't have to use them. You'll still experience the "full" game, regardless. Nothing new there.

The boss and vault are great additions IMO. Many players wanted more bosses and just about everyone wanted additional replayability in some form or another. We just got both in the same update.

Reactions: Reclusiarch
Upvote 0
infntnub;n2306955 said:
Most of the things you listed are just like any other cosmetic in this game (or the previous) - if you don't care for them you don't have to use them. You'll still experience the "full" game, regardless. Nothing new there.

No. I need normal new maps, guns and characters. "Nightmare" map, are you serious? This is the legal "CubeV2". Stand and shoot, shoot and stand. Repeat. Maximum boring.
Better DLС for 10$ than this "free" golden-cosmetic-emote-donate-clown-trash content.

KF2 2015
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8r1Wb97XUT4

KF2 2017 "Overwatch Edition"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSjiO7SgBSo

Reactions: D.A.R.
Upvote 0
1) daily objectives are great. Gives u a reason to play with characters and weapons you wouldnt anymore. Also now with these vault doshes , you have a reason to re-play the weekly events too.
2) the vault is good idea. The fact you gain a box, gives to the players -who dont want to spend money for keys-, the unboxing experience. But im kind of confuced with all these doshes there. Can you spend them somehow in the future or are just cosmetic and only growing?
3) the medic's AR changes are very interesting. I prefer it as it is now, even if the damage is lower. A medic shouldnt have such a strong AR as it was before. Should have an AR with less recoil (as it is now). Also is very interesting for commando too. Now every AR seems to have a completely different purpose and gameplay. Is the AR with the biggest mag (except stoner) and is also the fastest (except stoner), which separate it from AK even more.
4) Seeker seems great addition, as it is the only "fast" weapon for demo. Although it seems kind of weak on the last waves. Or maybe is because the blast of it is too small idk. It also react a little strange/confucing sometimes, when u have it on that "lock" mode.
5)Hemogoblin seems more neat than seeker. I like the new visuals, with the zeds get drained and the fact you can see the spikes on them (maybe u should add that on crossbow too)
6) the map is ok. I just prefer big open maps than descent-like maps but thats my personal opinion and doesnt mean the new map is bad created.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I've been using the Seeker Six a lot the past few days. Initially I thought that it was a little lackluster due the the extremely small AOE of the missiles and the minimal damage to large zeds (especially scrakes).

However the more I use it the more I like it.

PROS :

-Homing missiles turn the demo into a sniper with amazing accuracy.
-Big ammo pool helps to deal with trash.
-Six-shot "magazine" helps deal with multiple close zeds.
-Great for Hans (He almost always dodges my RPG's)
-Kills medium zeds with a couple missiles to the chest and can still one-shot them in the head.

CONS :

-Nearly nonexistent AOE damage (even with +50% AOE skill).
-Scrakes are way harder to kill than with the RPG.
-Stumble/Knockdown power isn't that great.

Overall I think that the Seeker-Six is really fun to use and a great gameplay alternative. I'm not sure if it's any better than a M79/RPG combo but it does add gameplay value to the Demo class, which is all I can ask for.

Upvote 0
Fouts;n2307163 said:
I-Great for Hans (He almost always dodges my RPG's)

This does not solve the problem entirely but..
- aim for his feet
-shoot during grenade barrage releases prior to hiding

I used to really get urked when he'd spawn and I was sitting there with an RPG on my shoulder, but it's not hard to land most of the shots with some practice. :)

You're right though, the seeker does take that aggrevation away (but then you'd probably rather have the rpg for the other 2 bosses if they were to spawn instead)

Upvote 0
infntnub;n2307185 said:
You're right though, the seeker does take that aggrevation away (but then you'd probably rather have the rpg for the other 2 bosses if they were to spawn instead)

I mean either way you can just snipe bosses from 100 feet away with the Seeker-Six which is nice. Though I have to agree that I'd rather have the RPG for the Fleshpound King and all the Quarter Pounds.

Upvote 0