• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

WWAUT - Smelling That Pumpkin Spice

Yoshiro

Senior Community Manager
Staff member
  • Oct 10, 2005
    East Coast
    Hello everyone,

Players have now had their first experience in the Abusement Park (here to stay), and it's collection of Summer Sideshow Zeds (who have retired for the year). Another aspect of the game that was introduced with the Summer Sideshow was the weekly outbreaks which will continue to run on rotation, changing each week and rotating back in. But "what is next"? We are glad you asked.

As many of you have seen by now the engine team is hard at work to bring the game to new audiences on the Xbox, while the gameplay and content teams have been working towards more Killing Floor fun for all. Today we want to start sweeping back the curtain and give you a taste of what is to come.

We currently have two major content updates planned for the rest of this year bring new maps and weapons, and what's that? A jolly surprise for the good zed hunters of the world! But more on that later. For the next content update the team is targeting a nightmarish new map and two new weapons - one an old favorite, the other, something new to love.

But that isn't all. We've been seeing the calls for the King Fleshpound to make a return outside of Poundemonium and we are happy to announce the design team is looking into that now and working out how the return of the King (Fleshpound) can be incorporated into the standard rotation of boss events. And he might just bring along his new "pint" sized friends.

To be quite clear, earlier this year we announced we were working towards a brand new boss, and that is still the case. However, it will still be some time before that effort will come to fruition. We hope players will enjoy the new variety at the end game that these two additions will bring.

As we get closer to the next big update we'll be adding more concrete details about some of these items so stay tuned!

And for our Killing Floor fans who are Vive owners you can expect to see more Killing Floor: Incursion news as we hope to ship a version on Steam later this year. You can find out what the Incursion team is up to now over here!

Last edited:
    i sayd on the start of the year
    it will only be 6 weapons this year and people started the hate
    it seems i was right.
    no news about the "zedconomy" changes, TW still not thinking on people how want to have nice cosmetic and they dont have much money jus to drop,, for exameple 10 dollars just a mask, and plis dont tell about drops cause it only drop crates and USB
    edit: sure the new boss will come next year

Last edited:
    Reactions: Fok and TheUndying
    Upvote 0
    CARDUSH;n2303877 said:
    i sayd on the start of the year
    it will only be 6 weapons this year and people started the hate
    it seems i was right.
    no news about the "zedconomy" changes, TW still not thinking on people how want to have nice cosmetic and they dont have much money jus to drop,, for exameple 10 dollars just a mask, and plis dont tell about drops cause it only drop crates and USB
    edit: sure the new boss will come next year

Well we have had 5 new weapons so far this year, so if they follow the "two weapons per update" thing we will actually have 9.

Upvote 0
    Yoshiro;n2303876 said:
    Hello everyone,

Hello !!! Why you ignor my question in all the topic ? why can not you fix such a small thing in any patch?

When i do that can use ports to redirect to maps or that a redirect works on FTP protocol ? This is not a whim but a necessity.
    Simple:
    [IpDrv.HTTPDownload]
    RedirectToURL=http://192.168.0.1:654/test2KF/
    or
    [IpDrv.HTTPDownload]
    RedirectToURL=http://mysite.com:654/test2KF/
    or
    [IpDrv.HTTPDownload]
    RedirectToURL=ftp://92.168.0.1/test2KF/

Working simple in Killing Floor (KillingFloor.ini):
    [IpDrv.HTTPDownload]
    RedirectToURL=http://192.168.0.1:54322/ytyrth77ht/
    ProxyServerHost=
    ProxyServerPort=3128
    UseCompression=True

Upvote 0
    So we're gonna have 4 bosses in the end? That seems like a good amount. It keeps things fresh without being obnoxious!

Also glad to hear about the two new weapons! It seems like a good amount also. I'm curious about the return of the old favourite truth to be told... But so far you never lied about it. I do hope we'll get new toys for either the medic, the demo or the gunslinger.

Speaking of which, I also hope you're finally working on the medic and survivalist? We've been asking for balancing and tweaks for months now...

I'd have that rather than a new map tbh.

Reactions: TheUndying
    Upvote 0
    Yoshiro;n2303876 said:
    Hello everyone,

Players have now had their first experience in the Abusement Park (here to stay), and it's collection of Summer Sideshow Zeds (who have retired for the year). Another aspect of the game that was introduced with the Summer Sideshow was the weekly outbreaks which will continue to run on rotation, changing each week and rotating back in. But "what is next"? We are glad you asked.

As many of you have seen by now the engine team is hard at work to bring the game to new audiences on the Xbox, while the gameplay and content teams have been working towards more Killing Floor fun for all. Today we want to start sweeping back the curtain and give you a taste of what is to come.

We currently have two major content updates planned for the rest of this year bring new maps and weapons, and what's that? A jolly surprise for the good zed hunters of the world! But more on that later. For the next content update the team is targeting a nightmarish new map and two new weapons - one an old favorite, the other, something new to love.

But that isn't all. We've been seeing the calls for the King Fleshpound to make a return outside of Poundemonium and we are happy to announce the design team is looking into that now and working out how the return of the King (Fleshpound) can be incorporated into the standard rotation of boss events. And he might just bring along his new "pint" sized friends.

To be quite clear, earlier this year we announced we were working towards a brand new boss, and that is still the case. However, it will still be some time before that effort will come to fruition. We hope players will enjoy the new variety at the end game that these two additions will bring.

As we get closer to the next big update we'll be adding more concrete details about some of these items so stay tuned!

And for our Killing Floor fans who are Vive owners you can expect to see more Killing Floor: Incursion news as we hope to ship a version on Steam later this year. You can find out what the Incursion team is up to now over here!

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Upvote 0
    Well, a new weapon and an old one? i bet the old one will be either the M4 Carbine or the MKb42 Volter special assault rifle.

But i am more excited for the new map. now what i would like to see is are optional objectives for regular matches. like in Mass Effect 3's multiplayer. once every few waves (maybe every 3'rd, 6th and 9th wave) you are given bonus objectives which can give you more spending money if you do it. like finding boxes of raw material to bring to the trader pods. assassinating 'VIP' zeds under a time limit. holding a position for time or welding random objects like breaker boxes.

Reactions: Mingovillain
    Upvote 0
    Fok;n2303988 said:
    i would prefer objective mode (or more modes) and a deep balancing correction for (almost all) guns and perks. New guns are always good of course, but i have the sense that the game needs more major changes/additions, than just 2 wpns and a boss now and 2 weapons then..

I think in terms of balance, most guns are fine how they are right now, other than a few exceptions.

The perks could use some work though. Imo Gunslinger and Berserker are perfect, while Commando, Support, Demo and Sharpshooter come pretty close. They just need a couple of tweaks/changes.

I would say Medic, SWAT, Survivalist, and Firebug each need a complete overhaul though. Those perks are either filled with skills that feel like nothing more than "filler material", or have areas where one choice is obviously superior over the other.

But with all that being said, I have no issue with the current update pattern, as we know Survivalist and Medic are getting overhauls at some point, and I would assume that some other perks would get changes in the same update as those ones. And all of the content that has been put out after the game's release added hours of fun!

Upvote 0
    Fok;n2303988 said:
    i would prefer objective mode (or more modes) and a deep balancing correction for (almost all) guns and perks. New guns are always good of course, but i have the sense that the game needs more major changes/additions, than just 2 wpns and a boss now and 2 weapons then..

I don't want to start a balancing discussion in this thread, but I'll leave it at saying that the balance feels pretty good to me on the whole. There are places for improvement, but I feel really good using 8 out of the 10 classes and their weapons. By that I mean everything feels fun and fairly well designed. Yes there is room for improvement, but I am very excited by this announcement for (what I'm guessing will be) Halloween and Christmas events.

Upvote 0
    Well when i wrote balancing wpns, i didnt mean a completely change of everything. just some minor (mostly) adjustments here and there. There are a lot and pretty good ideas here about these (as adding some minor penetration for commando wpns and such things). There are also great ideas about changing some passives for some classes, some perks almost completely (as survivalist) and some specific skills for making the other choice less obvious to pick and more competitive/interesting. Some of these ideas, seems completely logical and adding even more fun and depth in my opinion. But yes this is not a place for such conversation. If someone wants, can start a post and i can write many specific examples of what i mean.
    By the other hand, the objective mode (or any other mode) should be a first priority (by my humble opinion), as the gameplay (as much as i like it) is totally recurrent..

Last edited:
    Upvote 0