• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

WWAUT - Melee Improvements

Yoshiro

Senior Community Manager
Staff member
  • Oct 10, 2005
    East Coast
    With E3 only days away, many players are working out the best way to stream the content they want to consume. We strongly recommend that you tune in at twitch.tv/pcgamer for the inaugural PC Gaming Show on Tues June 16th at 6PM PST. It's literally a LIVE E3 version of WWAUT! Now with that out of the way, let us talk about bringing a knife to a gunfight.

Over the past few weeks, the melee system has been getting some extra enhancement. As noted previously we

While I'm very happy with these changes, blocking while moving at full speed essentially means that all players take -50% damage when kiting.

I'd like to see the blocking damage reduction persist for 1 second after you drop it, so in the event that you miss a parry, due to say sever side lag, you are not penalized as severely.

Upvote 0
    This is very interesting and cool, but please tell me you also plan to add optional keybinds for the different directional attacks? It would be great for anyone coming from games like Chivalry or Mount and Blade. Their melee system is superior for a reason, and it's the fine control it offers you.

I realize you have to adapt to your console version, but that's why it would be optional. Please consider this, at least a portion of your PC gaming crowd would LOVE you for it. :)

Upvote 0
    Wait, I thought parrying stumbled zeds? There's a difference? Please explain to this n00b what the difference is. I obviously haven't played enough Berserker.

Edit:Nope, Hes talking about the stumbling and parrying animations. They are similar, but they aren't the same.

Edit Edit:There are no parrying animations, they want to make new animations for zeds who have been parried rather than giving them the stumbling animation.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    XLs4YX

Someone said a picture says more than a thousand words. So here's a moving picture in behalf of a lot of words.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    With E3 only days away, many players are working out the best way to stream the content they want to consume. We strongly recommend that you tune in at twitch.tv/pcgamer for the inaugural PC Gaming Show on Tues June 16th at 6PM PST. It's literally a LIVE E3 version of WWAUT! Now with that out of the way, let us talk about bringing a knife to a gunfight.

only that??

i mean,just only this info?? i was specting for more =C

Upvote 0