• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC Gamer - Hell on Earth Gameplay

Yoshiro

Senior Community Manager
Staff member
  • Oct 10, 2005
    East Coast
    http://www.pcgamer.com/killing-floor-2-hell-on-earth-video/

We've got some final videos from our Killing Floor 2 LAN with Tripwire. The first is one of our attempts at Hell on Earth difficulty, KF2's hardest setting, on the Paris map. And below, we wanted to share a video from a single perspective on Biotics Lab (on Normal difficulty), which we didn't see yesterday in our full match video.

I love:

1. How aggressive the bloats are now.
    2. That the stalkers seem like a real nuicance this time.
    3. The fact that the zeds no longer give a crap about your formations, I just loved how they were on Biotics Lab and like 2 gorefasts instantly rushed past the first line into the fray to attack the rear. It seems like a good thing that they no longer prioritize the first seen player.

Upvote 0
    Damn! Loved it can`t wait to get my hands on this game. Though with all the players dying I noticed that there are no indications on HUD to show how many players are alive. I don`t know about the rest, but I personally would love to see some icons showing that. Maybe Steam avatars somewhere one the HUD where they are not in the way. And the dead players avatars would be black and white with a red X over them with the color scheme like ZED time?

Upvote 0
    Woah, HoE looks totally crazy. Bloats are real badass this time round.

One thing I didn't like (Though I know it's still not the definitive versione and it can be fixed): the fire didn't leave any mark on the zeds, even when it killed them. I wanna see sick and morbidly charred meat, flesh melting, skin peeling off. After the realization of such an awesome gore system it shouldn't be too hard.

Upvote 0
    @Yoshiro

Any chance you (or another dev) could confirm anything about the visual health bars, please? They are the first thing I saw that I thought stuck out, and I didn't like. I don't think they are warranted in this game, and should maybe be a server option. Part of the fun of KF was that you didn't know how close to death a Zed was, and so you had to assume it was still capable of killing you... especially the Patriarch.

Please get rid of them =/

Upvote 0
    @Yoshiro

Any chance you (or another dev) could confirm anything about the visual health bars, please? They are the first thing I saw that I thought stuck out, and I didn't like. I don't think they are warranted in this game, and should maybe be a server option. Part of the fun of KF was that you didn't know how close to death a Zed was, and so you had to assume it was still capable of killing you... especially the Patriarch.

Please get rid of them =/

Uhm Commando is able to see health bars in KF1 too, you know?

Upvote 0
    The first person sprint animation when carrying a knife or a pistol looks like the character is either stilting or having a pole up his / her arse.
    Also, in the second video, it almost looks like the healing animation can be cancelled again, not sure I would like this bit.

On the other hand, like how menacing the new ZED behavior is and how scary they look this time around.

Upvote 0
    Total chaos haha this thing will require coordination. I like it.
    There is some kiting at the end of the video, however zeds spawned in his way every time making it difficult to advance, and this time around zeds can haul some serious ***! I really like the new horde speed and mechanics. Those clots on HoE really charge.

Upvote 0