Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Privay Policy Update

We’ve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We’ve incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We’ve added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: http://tripwireinteractive.com/policies/privacy-notice
2 of 2 < >

Forum Rules

CHANGES
  • Items changed, or highlighted for future attention, on 20 July 2013 are highlighted in yellow.

Global Rules
  • Forum moderators may or may not be Tripwire Interactive staff members, but either way, please respect them, as they are the authority of the forums. Speaking to them with intentional spite will not be tolerated and may result in the loss of your forum privileges.
  • Any decisions made by any member of staff or moderator are final and not subject to discussion. Doing so may result in a ban from the site. The owners of Tripwire Interactive Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason, as well as to remove access to the forums for any individuals with or without warning for breaches of the rules.
  • If you have a complaint regarding another user, PM the appropriate moderators, or if you have an administrative issue, [RO]schneidzekk.

General Behaviour
  • Use the search function before posting. Chances are your question has already been answered.
  • Use a title that describes the content of your post. Don't use all caps or special characters to draw attention either in the title or the body of the post.
  • Up to 10 emoticons are allowed in a post
  • Political discussions are prohibited.
  • Flaming - We do not tolerate abusive, malicious, personal attacks. You will be banned if you persist in this behavior.
  • Trolls - Anyone deliberately antagonizing other forum users by posting 'flame bait' type messages is not welcome. You will be banned (possibly without warning depending on the severity of the issue) if you persist in this behavior.
  • Personal insults (directed at anyone) will result in a ban. If the behavior is not corrected, it will be made more permanent.
  • Constructive criticism is welcome. However keep in mind we (and other forums goers) may not agree with you. If you can't keep the conversation civil, you will be removed from the forums.
  • The use of hyperbole, one liners, and images as part of a forum debate is likely to get you infracted. You have many ways to participate and be a constructive part of this community, even when you disagree.
  • To make the highlighted bits above 100% clear to everyone, the following WILL NOT BE TOLERATED:
    1. Personal attacks, insults, antagonism of any forum-goers, moderators or Tripwire Interactive staff.
    2. Name Shaming and Public "Witch Hunts" are also not allowed.
    3. Breaches of confidentiality and privacy of any sort.
    4. Any form of racism, bigotry or attacks on race, creed or color.
    5. Linking to posts on other forums related to ANY of the above, whether you are the originator or not, without exception.[/COLOR]
  • There has been too much in the way of abhorrent personal behaviors in the past. These will cease. It doesn't matter who started it or who reacted to it - it will all result in moderator action. If you have to indulge your hatreds, for whatever reason, go do it elsewhere - and do not try and drag our forum-goers over to enjoy your hatreds.
  • We understand that people have strong feelings about our games, what we do for a living and how we respond (or don't) to comments on the forums. We all aren't going to agree about everything. So, BE CIVIL in your disagreements!

DO NOTs
  • DO NOT Transmit any message, information, data, text, software or graphic files, or other materials ("Content") that is unlawful (including illegal drug usage), harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, hateful or racially, ethnically, sexually or otherwise objectionable. This includes publicizing private information, such as individual's real names, IP addresses and anything else that might be used to identify them to the freakier members of the internet. This also means you may NOT publically share private communications (PM, email or anything else) without the original poster's permission.
  • DO NOT Post or transmit any Content that contains a virus, Trojan horse or other mischievous Content.
  • DO NOT Post or transmit any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail", "spam", "chain letters", "pyramid schemes" or any other form of solicitation.
  • DO NOT link to posts on any other forums, or any other form of media, that breaches our rules. It will be treated just the same as if you had posted it here.
  • DO NOT Double Post, cross Post, "necro post" or restart closed threads.
  • DO NOT Intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, rule or regulation.
  • DO NOT Upload or transmit any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights ("Rights") of any party.
  • DO NOT post cheats or exploits; THIS INCLUDES ALL/ANY REFERENCES TO HACKING, PIRATED SOFTWARE etc.
  • DO NOT complain about being banned from a server and DO NOT complain about other players on servers - that is between you and the admin, no need to get the community involved.

Username, Avatar and Signature Rules
  • Multiple registrations result in a ban.
  • No offensive user names
  • All signatures should not exceed the following size limits, you can have both text and images
  • - For text signatures: 4 lines normal size, 8 lines small size and up to 100 chars per line. Font sizes above 2 are not allowed. (Blank lines count as lines.)
  • - For images in signatures: 1 image up to 400 pixels wide, 150 pixels tall and 100kb in size plus 2 lines normal size text and up to 100 chars per line
Netiquette: Written text has no inflection, and, as such, you should be careful how you write your messages as interpretation will vary from person to person. Please take advantage of the built-in emoticons to add such expression to your words. Please remember the golden rule: to treat other forum users the way you would like to be treated. Please use common courtesy, and enjoy using Red Orchestra's forums
[COLOR=darkred]Offensive material
The following is a list of some things that MAY be considered "offensive" by the moderators and the team. This is NOT an exclusive list and it does depend very much on context.

Crossing the line into "offensive" territory is likely to get you asked to change your name, sig or avatar or to withdraw/delete posts. This will be done politely by the moderators. If you refuse to comply further action WILL be taken once started, ultimately leading to banning from the forums.

A key point: please attempt to use your brains. What is mild humour to you may well be deeply offensive to others. While we have no intention of acting as politically-correct "thought police", we are on the lookout for those things that can cause offense and, in some cases, are actually still illegal in some jurisdictions.
  1. Names recalling notorious war criminals or personalities.
  2. Names recalling atrocities and war crimes in general, or units with particularly odious histories.
  3. Use of obscenities and expletives.
  4. Blatant racism, mysogynism or many other "ism"s.
  5. Use of symbolism and regalia recalling Nazism or Fascism; this does not include pics of soldiers who happen to have such symbols on their uniform, unless we feel this has been done to provoke. Please note that many Nazi symbols (including the Swastika) are still illegal in Germany and other countries and considered deeply offensive by many Europeans.
  6. Use of symbolism and regalia recalling Stalinism.
  7. On both the previous two, the moderators' views on the intention and impact of use of such symbols will be final - not yours. Please be understanding if you are advised to change something.
  8. In general, if a sig/avatar represents your allegiances in-game and is clearly "in part", it is likely to be fine; if the moderators feel you are trying to demonstrate unpalatable political allegiances, or to use it in an attempt to ridicule or provoke others you WILL be asked to change it. RO is NOT the place to make any extremist political statements of any kind.

Examples:
So people get the idea, some examples that would be considered offensive, numbered as above:
  1. "Hitler", "Beria"
  2. "NKVD Blocking Detachment", "Einsatzgruppen"
  3. This one should be pretty obvious...
  4. So should this - and it includes calling all Germans "Nazis" and all Soviets/Russians "Commies". It got boring 50 years ago, so stop it.
  5. Use of swastikas, fasces, SS-runes and so on for the Axis.
  6. There is actually very little overt symbolism from the Stalinist era; the hammer-and-sickle isn't offensive per se.

A simple rule-of-thumb: many Europeans find Nazi symbolism of any sort offensive; many Americans still find Soviet symbolism offensive. Engage your brain before using.

Final Note: this is NOT open to debate, so please do NOT start whining and moaning if a moderator asks you to change something. They will advise at first, giving reasons, then, if you take no notice, they will step up the pressure through to banning.
See more
See less

Ideas of weapons I wanna share

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ideas of weapons I wanna share

I know that weapons are released seasonally, and they are freaking awesome, so maybe adding my ideas that are new and add some new mechanics could be discussed, even if it doesn't get added, I'd like someone to here my thoughts.

The first could be a burst/full auto pistol, this could be a gunslinger and swat crossover, low damage and ammo but high fire rate and reload speed. (p.s. I know the gunslinger has a ton of weapons already, but it'd be nice to get the SWAT involved).

The second could be a survivalist weapon, that being the EDAR Blasters, a tier 4 dual wield weapon that doesn't have a magazine, rather, it has a heat gauge, if overcharged, will force the weapon to temporarily shutdown, it can be reloaded earlier to cool the weapon down.

The third idea would be a sharpshooter weapon, a World war era bolt action rifle, with a bayonet under barrel that'll do high melee damage, instead of using the stock of the weapon to hit Zeds. At tier 3 with a reasonable ammo pool and very solid damage overall.

I'm not asking for these to be requested for release, rather, I'd like to spark discussion with fans and devs (if you're reading this) and hopefully come up with more new ideas, chances are, the weapons I thought of have already been talked about, but I don't really care.

Thing is, all of those have been requested for quite a while now... So Tripwire definitely knows that we want such guns in the game. It's entirely up to them to listen or not though...

Can't say I'm complaining about the Rhino to be honest. The GS could really use a new gun. The Ion thruster however... yeeaaah, I wouldn't have minded if a bolt-action rifle took its place.

Comment

Originally posted by Aleflippy View Post
      Thing is, all of those have been requested for quite a while now... So Tripwire definitely knows that we want such guns in the game. It's entirely up to them to listen or not though...

Can't say I'm complaining about the Rhino to be honest. The GS could really use a new gun. The Ion thruster however... yeeaaah, I wouldn't have minded if a bolt-action rifle took its place.
      +1

Gunslinger has a lot of guns already, but since he can carry so many at the same time, I see why there would be need to add something new in to mix it up since everyone is going for the same three guns at top level. However, the Berserker really has enough guns right now. It's good to have more but compared to other perks, berserker just has an overflow of very different weapons at his disposal, and many possible play styles because of that. Perks like the Sharpshooter, on the other hand, are stuck. Not only are their abilities just wrong (who needs a sniper to move fast) leaving little choices worth choosing, but the guns at their disposal are lacking in variety. When you reach the top as Sharpshooter, you really have just two choices: Railgun and M99. The first has higher DPS and penetration, the second just does more damage but has a tiny supply of ammo. So you're left to choose between a gun that's superior in almost every way to the other and the M99. Personally I would love to see some lower level additions to the Sharpshooter as well, just as you said: a bolt-action rifle of some sort that's as creative as the Rhino is.

Comment

Originally posted by Whitest Wolf View Post

+1

Gunslinger has a lot of guns already, but since he can carry so many at the same time, I see why there would be need to add something new in to mix it up since everyone is going for the same three guns at top level. However, the Berserker really has enough guns right now. It's good to have more but compared to other perks, berserker just has an overflow of very different weapons at his disposal, and many possible play styles because of that. Perks like the Sharpshooter, on the other hand, are stuck. Not only are their abilities just wrong (who needs a sniper to move fast) leaving little choices worth choosing, but the guns at their disposal are lacking in variety. When you reach the top as Sharpshooter, you really have just two choices: Railgun and M99. The first has higher DPS and penetration, the second just does more damage but has a tiny supply of ammo. So you're left to choose between a gun that's superior in almost every way to the other and the M99. Personally I would love to see some lower level additions to the Sharpshooter as well, just as you said: a bolt-action rifle of some sort that's as creative as the Rhino is.
        The 'slinger don't have that many guns IMO ! The Spitfire and HX-25 aren't that effective in his hands... The LARs are definitely better (arguably, better than the 1858 and 1911 respectively), but these are sharpshooter's guns first and foremost. The main issue I have with the GS is that all of his guns more or less feels the same. The only perk who has it worse would be the SWAT.

Meanwhile, the sharp is kinda the opposite. He has access to a wild arsenal (would you pick a semi-auto rifle or a highly-damaging single shot weapon? Or maybe a handy and lightweight revolver), but the perk itself is boring. I believe his skill tree could really use a rework. Mostly to give you the choice between a gnarly heavy hitter and a nimble crackshot. Because right now, you have to stay mostly rooted in the ground to deal any kind of damage...

(And yes, a bolt-action rifle is definitely needed. It would also be a nice middle ground between the FAL/M14 and the M99/Railgun )

Comment

The 'slinger don't have that many guns IMO ! The Spitfire and HX-25 aren't that effective in his hands... The LARs are definitely better (arguably, better than the 1858 and 1911 respectively), but these are sharpshooter's guns first and foremost. The main issue I have with the GS is that all of his guns more or less feels the same. The only perk who has it worse would be the SWAT.

Meanwhile, the sharp is kinda the opposite. He has access to a wild arsenal (would you pick a semi-auto rifle or a highly-damaging single shot weapon? Or maybe a handy and lightweight revolver), but the perk itself is boring. I believe his skill tree could really use a rework. Mostly to give you the choice between a gnarly heavy hitter and a nimble crackshot. Because right now, you have to stay mostly rooted in the ground to deal any kind of damage...

(And yes, a bolt-action rifle is definitely needed. It would also be a nice middle ground between the FAL/M14 and the M99/Railgun )
          I guess now I think about the off-perk weapons the GS has, they're not exactly "popular" in the GS, rather than the perks they are supposed to be in. And a multi-shot pistol could add some flavour, hopefully just as the Rhino will. And now that I think of perks needing weapons, perhaps the support receiving a slug round, bridging the gap between the support and the sharpshooter

Comment

Originally posted by Breadsticks_ View Post

I guess now I think about the off-perk weapons the GS has, they're not exactly "popular" in the GS, rather than the perks they are supposed to be in. And a multi-shot pistol could add some flavour, hopefully just as the Rhino will. And now that I think of perks needing weapons, perhaps the support receiving a slug round, bridging the gap between the support and the sharpshooter
            I actually thought the HZ-12 would take the KSG's spot in that game...But strangely enough, it didn't. At least, not as the "accurate" shotgun of the bunch (which is still the M4, kinda).

Then again, the support relies a lot on his extra penetration to deal damage. Wouldn't a slug-based shotgun go against that very idea?

Comment

• Aleflippy
              Aleflippy commented
              Editing a comment
              Well, truth be told, I don't really see the inclusion of a support/sharp weapon as necessary... I actually find the idea of crossperks not that interesting, because it severely hinders the creation of a new weapon.

You always have to think of a way to make it worthwhile in the hands of two (or more) perks, which is rarely the case. Usually, one perk will benefit far more than the other. Which is why we all rioted when the tommygun ended up in both the commando and swat arsenals.

• Dr. Lethal
              Dr. Lethal commented
              Editing a comment
              For that matter why make a crossperk weapon for two perks that have vastly different playstyles? We all saw what happened with the pulverizer because "hurr durr it uses explosive rounds", and yet you don't see any demos with common sense using it.

• Breadsticks_
              Breadsticks_ commented
              Editing a comment
              I guess so. I just think the support could do with a weapon with a new mechanic to it, besides, its yet to have a tier 5.
              Now you mentioned the pulveriser, has anyone tried the single spitfire on the Sharpshooter? I'm too scared to try as headshots are probably the last thing you're getting from it

i posted a new thread right now, about weapons i would pay 10 dollars for, turns out that you thought about a full auto handgun for the gunslinger and the swat before i did

Comment

Originally posted by Breadsticks_ View Post
              The third idea would be a sharpshooter weapon, a World war era bolt action rifle, with a bayonet under barrel that'll do high melee damage, instead of using the stock of the weapon to hit Zeds. At tier 3 with a reasonable ammo pool and very solid damage overall.
              I think it would be better to have a 338lp bolt action rifle with detachable magazines, that behaves like the xbow in kf1, 4 shots to kill a FP on hell on earh 6 players

Comment

absolutely, a 338lp gun could fill that space perfectly imo. FAL and M14 are both .308 guns, railgun and m99 are .50, seems about right that a 338lp feels like something in between, and the reload times could balance tha gun a bit

Comment

Originally posted by Clone with a mark 7 suit View Post

absolutely, a 338lp gun could fill that space perfectly imo. FAL and M14 are both .308 guns, railgun and m99 are .50, seems about right that a 338lp feels like something in between, and the reload times could balance tha gun a bit
                  I was mostly speaking about the fact that the first two are semi-auto rifles (so can dish out a lot of shots,quickly) while the latter two are single-shot, highly damaging weapons.

Having a gun with a smaller mag and slower RoF than the first two, but better than the other two would make sense... I think?

Comment

Having a gun with a smaller mag and slower RoF than the first two, but better than the other two would make sense... I think?
                    it would certainly play some new role, giving a way to kill zeds that feels somewhat new, which is very important to keep the game fun. It would not be just some aesthethic thing, like a slighly different assault rifle similar to the ones already present in the game

Comment

Originally posted by Clone with a mark 7 suit View Post

it would certainly play some new role, giving a way to kill zeds that feels somewhat new, which is very important to keep the game fun. It would not be just some aesthethic thing, like a slighly different assault rifle similar to the ones already present in the game
                      Plus, it's not as if we didn't have enough choices. Pretty much everyone and their mother had a bolt-action during both World Wars. It would even be interesting to get an obscure rifle instead of the classic Lee-Enfield or K98k

Comment

The Barrett mrad in some shorter configuration with some non exagerated scope, like and acog (i mean... we don't shot down FPs from 1 mile away) could be great. It's a 338lp gun, i don't know how obscure it is, but it would be great

Last edited by Clone with a mark 7 suit; 08-18-2019, 11:06 AM.

Comment

• Aleflippy
                          Aleflippy commented
                          Editing a comment
                          The main gripe I have with that is that it's pretty much an alternative to the M99 AMR. It would behave slightly differently of course, but I'd rather pick a brand new gun period.

• Clone with a mark 7 suit
                          Editing a comment
                          I don't think so, one is a regular bolt action rifle with a 10 round detachable magazine, the other is a 50 bmg, single shot, portalbe cannon. Barrett makes both guns but they are very different. The m99 it's a lot slower and requires you to get your shot right only a few times, the mrad is weaker per shot, but a lot faster and requires you to get your aim right a lot more times to deal the same amount of damage per second. The mrad behaves a lot more like a ww2 bolt action, just with a more powerful round and a better trigger pull. The mrad requires more skill.

Editing a comment
                          it could also weight less than the m99 and should be just tier 4

Aleflippy The Remington 700 XCR Tactical looks more like a regular hunting rifle, but it does the same thing as the mrad. its's just a bit worse because it only has 5 rounds per mag. Is that better?
                        Last edited by Clone with a mark 7 suit; 08-19-2019, 07:34 PM.

Comment

• Aleflippy
                          Aleflippy commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I'd say it does, but that's really just my own worthless opinion ! I just tend to like the extra spark of obscurity/creativity, when possible.

• Breadsticks_
                          Breadsticks_ commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Perhaps the Mauser Model 1893, for a more aesthetically pleasing appeal, a weapon not particularly popular amongst other bolt actions, but still both potent and seen a good bit of action, made notorious by the ottoman empire Brazilian populus and the Spanish Empire, and saw action in the Contesdado War, Ifni war, and more notably the great war

Editing a comment
                          The mouser is a good idea. I personally would prefer a 338 Lapua Magnum, it is more powerful in real life that the 7x57, so it will fit better the role that I had in mind for this gun in the game. And I like modern guns, that's why I immediately thought about the mrad with the relatively short barrel. The second reason is the 10 round mag of the mrad, that also makes it a more capable gun and more in line with the type of gamepay I had. There could be a stronger connection between how the real gun and the gun in game behave. But it would be fine for me to use the mouser if it has a black polymer looking skin available in the store or the market for cheap, or if it came with the gun when I buy it. I'd also love to have some sort of scope. I don't think the mouser 1893 has a scope mount, but it would not be hard at all to manufacture one and add it to the gun. So for me it has to have a medium sized scope on it. Would you be fine with the scope?

Breadsticks_ this setup would allow to use clips despite the gun having a scope

Comment

Working...
                        X