• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Ideas of weapons I wanna share

Breadsticks_

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 5, 2018
I know that weapons are released seasonally, and they are freaking awesome, so maybe adding my ideas that are new and add some new mechanics could be discussed, even if it doesn't get added, I'd like someone to here my thoughts.

The first could be a burst/full auto pistol, this could be a gunslinger and swat crossover, low damage and ammo but high fire rate and reload speed. (p.s. I know the gunslinger has a ton of weapons already, but it'd be nice to get the SWAT involved).

The second could be a survivalist weapon, that being the EDAR Blasters, a tier 4 dual wield weapon that doesn't have a magazine, rather, it has a heat gauge, if overcharged, will force the weapon to temporarily shutdown, it can be reloaded earlier to cool the weapon down.

The third idea would be a sharpshooter weapon, a World war era bolt action rifle, with a bayonet under barrel that'll do high melee damage, instead of using the stock of the weapon to hit Zeds. At tier 3 with a reasonable ammo pool and very solid damage overall.

I'm not asking for these to be requested for release, rather, I'd like to spark discussion with fans and devs (if you're reading this) and hopefully come up with more new ideas, chances are, the weapons I thought of have already been talked about, but I don't really care.

Thing is, all of those have been requested for quite a while now... So Tripwire definitely knows that we want such guns in the game. It's entirely up to them to listen or not though...

Can't say I'm complaining about the Rhino to be honest. The GS could really use a new gun. The Ion thruster however... yeeaaah, I wouldn't have minded if a bolt-action rifle took its place.

Upvote 0
Aleflippy;n2333884 said:
Thing is, all of those have been requested for quite a while now... So Tripwire definitely knows that we want such guns in the game. It's entirely up to them to listen or not though...

Can't say I'm complaining about the Rhino to be honest. The GS could really use a new gun. The Ion thruster however... yeeaaah, I wouldn't have minded if a bolt-action rifle took its place.

+1

Gunslinger has a lot of guns already, but since he can carry so many at the same time, I see why there would be need to add something new in to mix it up since everyone is going for the same three guns at top level. However, the Berserker really has enough guns right now. It's good to have more but compared to other perks, berserker just has an overflow of very different weapons at his disposal, and many possible play styles because of that. Perks like the Sharpshooter, on the other hand, are stuck. Not only are their abilities just wrong (who needs a sniper to move fast) leaving little choices worth choosing, but the guns at their disposal are lacking in variety. When you reach the top as Sharpshooter, you really have just two choices: Railgun and M99. The first has higher DPS and penetration, the second just does more damage but has a tiny supply of ammo. So you're left to choose between a gun that's superior in almost every way to the other and the M99. Personally I would love to see some lower level additions to the Sharpshooter as well, just as you said: a bolt-action rifle of some sort that's as creative as the Rhino is.

Upvote 0
Whitest Wolf;n2333898 said:
+1

Gunslinger has a lot of guns already, but since he can carry so many at the same time, I see why there would be need to add something new in to mix it up since everyone is going for the same three guns at top level. However, the Berserker really has enough guns right now. It's good to have more but compared to other perks, berserker just has an overflow of very different weapons at his disposal, and many possible play styles because of that. Perks like the Sharpshooter, on the other hand, are stuck. Not only are their abilities just wrong (who needs a sniper to move fast) leaving little choices worth choosing, but the guns at their disposal are lacking in variety. When you reach the top as Sharpshooter, you really have just two choices: Railgun and M99. The first has higher DPS and penetration, the second just does more damage but has a tiny supply of ammo. So you're left to choose between a gun that's superior in almost every way to the other and the M99. Personally I would love to see some lower level additions to the Sharpshooter as well, just as you said: a bolt-action rifle of some sort that's as creative as the Rhino is.

The 'slinger don't have that many guns IMO ! The Spitfire and HX-25 aren't that effective in his hands... The LARs are definitely better (arguably, better than the 1858 and 1911 respectively), but these are sharpshooter's guns first and foremost. The main issue I have with the GS is that all of his guns more or less feels the same. The only perk who has it worse would be the SWAT.

Meanwhile, the sharp is kinda the opposite. He has access to a wild arsenal (would you pick a semi-auto rifle or a highly-damaging single shot weapon? Or maybe a handy and lightweight revolver), but the perk itself is boring. I believe his skill tree could really use a rework. Mostly to give you the choice between a gnarly heavy hitter and a nimble crackshot. Because right now, you have to stay mostly rooted in the ground to deal any kind of damage...

(And yes, a bolt-action rifle is definitely needed. It would also be a nice middle ground between the FAL/M14 and the M99/Railgun )

Upvote 0
Aleflippy;n2333931 said:
The 'slinger don't have that many guns IMO ! The Spitfire and HX-25 aren't that effective in his hands... The LARs are definitely better (arguably, better than the 1858 and 1911 respectively), but these are sharpshooter's guns first and foremost. The main issue I have with the GS is that all of his guns more or less feels the same. The only perk who has it worse would be the SWAT.

Meanwhile, the sharp is kinda the opposite. He has access to a wild arsenal (would you pick a semi-auto rifle or a highly-damaging single shot weapon? Or maybe a handy and lightweight revolver), but the perk itself is boring. I believe his skill tree could really use a rework. Mostly to give you the choice between a gnarly heavy hitter and a nimble crackshot. Because right now, you have to stay mostly rooted in the ground to deal any kind of damage...

(And yes, a bolt-action rifle is definitely needed. It would also be a nice middle ground between the FAL/M14 and the M99/Railgun )

I guess now I think about the off-perk weapons the GS has, they're not exactly "popular" in the GS, rather than the perks they are supposed to be in. And a multi-shot pistol could add some flavour, hopefully just as the Rhino will. And now that I think of perks needing weapons, perhaps the support receiving a slug round, bridging the gap between the support and the sharpshooter

Upvote 0
Breadsticks_;n2333943 said:
I guess now I think about the off-perk weapons the GS has, they're not exactly "popular" in the GS, rather than the perks they are supposed to be in. And a multi-shot pistol could add some flavour, hopefully just as the Rhino will. And now that I think of perks needing weapons, perhaps the support receiving a slug round, bridging the gap between the support and the sharpshooter

I actually thought the HZ-12 would take the KSG's spot in that game...But strangely enough, it didn't. At least, not as the "accurate" shotgun of the bunch (which is still the M4, kinda).

Then again, the support relies a lot on his extra penetration to deal damage. Wouldn't a slug-based shotgun go against that very idea?

Upvote 0
Learning from the AMR's K bullets, for a slug round to work, it's certainly dependant on how effective the penetration is, and I'd consider this to be a very high damage weapon using large rounds (this ain't exactly a realistic game) perhaps a maximum of 3/4 zeds (no perk bonus) so that it isn't inferior to the already awesome m4. The only accurate alternative would be to have a full choke barrel or a duck bill barrel, but on it's own, it isn't adding anything interesting or unique. I'm saying to use slug because it could offer brilliant corridor holding penetration for the support, when crossed with the sharpshooter can still pick off larger zeds with headshot bonuses, and also sit between the M14/FAL and AMR/Railgun for flavour. The first weapon that comes to my mind is a SPAS-12 slug round modifier, with a foldable stock and maybe if a red dot/reflex sight is added, you have the making of quite an exciting weapon, instead of just a regular buck shot copy and paste shotgun.
Unless you know of another way around the supp/sharp cross weapon, I'm happy to listen. But I personally can't think of any immediate weapons that stand out, or any fictional weapon that could work effectively in this criteria (like the husk cannon demo/firebug).

Upvote 0
Well, truth be told, I don't really see the inclusion of a support/sharp weapon as necessary... I actually find the idea of crossperks not that interesting, because it severely hinders the creation of a new weapon.

You always have to think of a way to make it worthwhile in the hands of two (or more) perks, which is rarely the case. Usually, one perk will benefit far more than the other. Which is why we all rioted when the tommygun ended up in both the commando and swat arsenals.

Upvote 0
Breadsticks_;n2333874 said:
The third idea would be a sharpshooter weapon, a World war era bolt action rifle, with a bayonet under barrel that'll do high melee damage, instead of using the stock of the weapon to hit Zeds. At tier 3 with a reasonable ammo pool and very solid damage overall.

I think it would be better to have a 338lp bolt action rifle with detachable magazines, that behaves like the xbow in kf1, 4 shots to kill a FP on hell on earh 6 players

Upvote 0
Aleflippy;n2333931 said:

absolutely, a 338lp gun could fill that space perfectly imo. FAL and M14 are both .308 guns, railgun and m99 are .50, seems about right that a 338lp feels like something in between, and the reload times could balance tha gun a bit

Upvote 0
Clone with a mark 7 suit;n2334006 said:
absolutely, a 338lp gun could fill that space perfectly imo. FAL and M14 are both .308 guns, railgun and m99 are .50, seems about right that a 338lp feels like something in between, and the reload times could balance tha gun a bit

I was mostly speaking about the fact that the first two are semi-auto rifles (so can dish out a lot of shots,quickly) while the latter two are single-shot, highly damaging weapons.

Having a gun with a smaller mag and slower RoF than the first two, but better than the other two would make sense... I think?

Upvote 0
Aleflippy;n2334016 said:
Having a gun with a smaller mag and slower RoF than the first two, but better than the other two would make sense... I think?

it would certainly play some new role, giving a way to kill zeds that feels somewhat new, which is very important to keep the game fun. It would not be just some aesthethic thing, like a slighly different assault rifle similar to the ones already present in the game

Upvote 0
Clone with a mark 7 suit;n2334022 said:
it would certainly play some new role, giving a way to kill zeds that feels somewhat new, which is very important to keep the game fun. It would not be just some aesthethic thing, like a slighly different assault rifle similar to the ones already present in the game

Plus, it's not as if we didn't have enough choices. Pretty much everyone and their mother had a bolt-action during both World Wars. It would even be interesting to get an obscure rifle instead of the classic Lee-Enfield or K98k

Upvote 0
I don't think so, one is a regular bolt action rifle with a 10 round detachable magazine, the other is a 50 bmg, single shot, portalbe cannon. Barrett makes both guns but they are very different. The m99 it's a lot slower and requires you to get your shot right only a few times, the mrad is weaker per shot, but a lot faster and requires you to get your aim right a lot more times to deal the same amount of damage per second. The mrad behaves a lot more like a ww2 bolt action, just with a more powerful round and a better trigger pull. The mrad requires more skill.

Upvote 0