• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Spawn with your golden weapons if you have the DLC.

D3STRUCTION

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 11, 2011
This should go without saying, you should be able to be spawned with the golden weapon if you have the applicable perk requirements and such.

Right now you spawn with the regular version of the weapon, for demo, just normal m79. Commando, normal AK47.

This is kind of annoying because its actually more detrimental to your money if you want to get your golden weapons to show off to everyone. You have to sell your spawned weapon and then buy the golden weapon, basically losing money for the exact same thing, indirectly punishing those who spent their money on this DLC to support the game and want to show off their gold in game.

This is kind of annoying because its actually more detrimental to your money if you want to get your golden weapons to show off to everyone.
It's only like 30 dosh lost if you sell an empty one and consider the ammo that comes with the new one. Compared to the real dosh you spent to get the gold pack, that's not too significant.

I don't think it's a big problem, but spawning with gold ones would be fine too.

Upvote 0
Hey if they want to change the level 6 spawns for zerk and support too for the gold weapons, I'd be totally fine with that :p

Not like that will happen.

But yeah, that's not a bad idea to spawn with the gold versions of the m79 and AK. Though I personally think every perk should have a gold weapon unlocked at level 6, just to match the perk logo and all.

Upvote 0
This should go without saying, you should be able to be spawned with the golden weapon if you have the applicable perk requirements and such.

Right now you spawn with the regular version of the weapon, for demo, just normal m79. Commando, normal AK47.

This is kind of annoying because its actually more detrimental to your money if you want to get your golden weapons to show off to everyone. You have to sell your spawned weapon and then buy the golden weapon, basically losing money for the exact same thing, indirectly punishing those who spent their money on this DLC to support the game and want to show off their gold in game.

I totally agree. They really should change so you spawn with the golden versions of M79 and AK47 if you bought the DLC.

Upvote 0
It would be much better to spawn with the golden weapons would also make more sense Golden Weapons for Golden Perk u know? ^^ If they would make them only getable via spawnng it would be great. Also so there would be less weapons and dlc weapons in trade menu and the weapons WOULD BE MORE 'SPEICAL'.

+1 They should do it.
Make poll please!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
IMO they should allow you to enable or disable the DLC. When enabled, applicable weapons are automatically golden. If disabled, weapons act like normal.

Would solve the weapons clogging up the trader, AND you'd spawn with them. Two birds with one stone.

Errr, no. Then I won't be able to carry two AKs or two M79s

Snake hit the nail on the head; anyone who would trade off the ability to carry 2 AK's for the ability to spawn with a golden one isn't thinking clearly. :~)

I actually considered the possibility of wanting to spawn with the golden weapons but honestly... both the AK and the M79 are dirt cheap once you're high level to begin with. It's really a non-factor; they deal the same damage just swap them out after wave 1 if it really bothers you.

No big deal.

Upvote 0