• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server [Help] Password Stops Access to Server

FluX

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
www.fluxiserver.co.uk
Hi, for some reason when I make the server passworded, it wont ask for password, load mutator, nothing. It's like the server has no connection but it's in the favourites no problem showing it's online.

Anyone got a way to password a server with no problem? I've tried manually setting it and also using the WebAdmin.

(Please bare in mind I have checked all settings with my other 3 servers and they are fine (which aren't passworded) and have exact settings as each other (apart from ports and server name). I have done servers for Unreal Engine for years now so I have deffinitly done all the correct installations.)

When I put a game password to my dedicated kf server I cannot connect to it. KF says there's been unknown steam error. When I remove the password from the server I can connect and play.

Server is running in the same machine I play. Other users from outside can connect to server when there's game password in effect. Any idea what might be causing this?

Here's ucc log:

Log: STEAMAUTH : Game Server SendUserConnectAndAuthenticate returned error (192.168.1.99:57162)
NetComeGo: Close TcpipConnection 192.168.1.99:57162 07/02/11 17:23:20
NetComeGo: Open myLevel 07/02/11 17:23:20 192.168.1.99:57162
Log: STEAMAUTH : GS Approve Couldn't find SteamID [1:xxxxxxxx]

Edit:

And even more mysterious. When I start dedicated server first and then steam client, I can connect to server with game password. If steam is running first and then server is started there's that "unknow steam error is preventing you from connecting to server". This problem came up with the new updates (summer sideshow updates)

Last edited:
Upvote 0