• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

If the Russians had an 'MKB' type weapon?

I would LOVE to have the avtomat replace the AVT

In my opinion, the AVT is totally without use in full auto.

I enjoyed experimenting with it for the first few days, but it just gets me killed in situations where with any other gun (including bolter) I would have felt it was my own fault had I died.

Even now it gets me killed when I pick it up thinking it's an SVT in the middle of a firefight and so don't think to switch it to semi.

At the very least, please make it default to semi-auto, TWI.

Upvote 0
people crying about balance are just bad. i win on russian all the time it just takes teamwork and less camping and i certainly do not lose because 3 members of the opposing team have an assault rifle.

There were loads of assault weapons in Stalingrad and in ww2 for that matter, this isn't world war 1.

Seen you play on 116th. And yes, Russians win on that server. But only after telling people that there need to be more Squadleaders (almost full teams with just 1 or 2 SL's...when I join during evenings).

Upvote 0
I can't quite grasp the classification of the AVT as an "assault" weapon. If you charge into a large room full of Germans with an AVT, with it's huge upward recoil, high ROF and 10 round stripper fed-magaize, best case scenario is that you fire 2 short bursts, each kills a German, and the Germans destroy you utterly as you laboriously reload your "assault" weapon.

Upvote 0
I want this
2414026yzcl1epq.jpg

Twin barrel baby!

Upvote 0
well I heard the feterov was used up into the winter war, but after that it is supposed to have not been used. Personally, I think the PPSH needs a Buff before any new russian guns sneak in. To be honest, I'd love to see the MKB get some actual muzzle climb, almost to the degree the PPSH has. Right not it handles like an even more powerful MP-40

The Mkb42's recoil ingame is actually too high compared to reality atm, and ingame it definitely has more muzzle climb than the PPSh, so basically you're making no sense at all.

Zetsumei said:
I think the MKB is fine in full auto, it kicks quite heavily, however when firing single shots it doesn't seem to move an inch. But thats more from a gameplay perspective, as I've never fired any of those guns in real life.

As someone who's actually fired an StG a couple of years back I can tell you for sure that the recoil ingame atm is not too low, infact it's a little too high.

The thing is very controllable in full auto:

MP-44 Full Auto - YouTube

Upvote 0
I think the MKB is fine in full auto, it kicks quite heavily, however when firing single shots it doesn't seem to move an inch. But thats more from a gameplay perspective, as I've never fired any of those guns in real life.
I find the recoil on the MKB to be quite low actually in the game on full auto. Not much harder to control then a MP40 almost. The MKB in real life was quite heavy (5.2 KG,11.5 pounds) and fired a low powered cartridge. These two factors made it very easy to control in full auto.

Upvote 0
I'm only going to say this once, so read carefully.

I would LOVE to have the avtomat replace the AVT

Pro-tip. The "A" in AVT stands for Avtomat.

And anyone who is suggesting that a nearly 12lb gun firing 7.9x33 isn't kicking enough in-game needs to either take a basic physics class or go handle some firearms IRL.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
there is another problem, the MKB shouldnt be in for pity sake AND it completly screws the balance

Well, I have no problem dealing with most of them using a bolt action. I even took out two of them camping in a room and shooting at me with a single bayonet charge. The MkB is not that good at all. There is nothing it can do in the game that another weapon can't do better.

As far as I am concerned, the more noobs using it, the better. I'm not going to say no to free kills.

Upvote 0
So we all have our 'solutions' to the MKB. Remove it. Make it rarer. Whine at Tripwire. So... here's mine!

The MKB42 was not the first assault rifle. (Though often called the first modern one)

The Fedorov Avtomat, for example, would be a reasonable choice in terms of being a rare, but used weapon.

Just as an example, but here's the thing, I feel.
The MKB is an awesome weapon and throws off the balance.
RO has often aimed at realism, but has been really smart by saying things like "Sniper rifles are very good. The team only gets one." as opposed to CoD where they have to make it so a person can take a barret shot to the chest and shrug it off.

So even if they limit it to, say, 3 MKBs on a team that's more quality weaponry than the Russians have. Give the Russians not a carbon-copy, but a gun that functions much in the same way (The same way the PPSH and MP40 are rivals, basically)

Dunno if I am making any sense, but it's just an idea I got, so please don't rage at me or over the subject because of my little thoughts.

You know... for me the answer is not putting more automatic weapon in the game. It is, on the other hand, LIMITING the automatic weapons and making the game more real-like (most soldiers with BOLT ACTION, some with MGs, few with SMGs and 1 or 2 per team with a "heroic" gun such as MKB, AVT, Federov Avtomat and so on).

Upvote 0
You dont really need a new weapon; they are asymmetrically balanced because they fit two different roles, but are both considered "special" weapons. If that was the original intent, why not take it a step further and tweak their limits?

Make the MKb a hero weapon and leave the AVT for vets. By doing this, you are making the MKb rare (like it should be), and you are also giving Axis assault the enemy loadout sooner. Early enemy loadouts for the Axis assault role wont be imbalanced because it is either a sidegrade or a downgrade (depending on who you talk to), unlike the enemy loadout for Allies.

By leaving the AVT as a vet weapon, you get a maximum of 6(?) per game, and by making the MKb a hero weapon, you are limiting it to like 2 people.

...of course, one could argue this would lead to PPSH spam for Axis, but would it really be that bad with the MP40 as an option? Both weapons have their pros and cons, and they both get ridiculous ammo capacity at some point, so I don't think it would have much of an effect on Axis close quarters efficiency. In reality, it may actually boost Allied close quarters efficiency in the long run. Players will get the PPSH sooner for Axis and will be allowed to level it on either side (twice the leveling!), resulting in more Allies (at some point) with drums and fire mode switches-aaaand I'm starting to veer off topic.

Last edited:
Reactions: slavek
Upvote 0