• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

If the Russians had an 'MKB' type weapon?

Littlenorwegians

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 10, 2011
So we all have our 'solutions' to the MKB. Remove it. Make it rarer. Whine at Tripwire. So... here's mine!

The MKB42 was not the first assault rifle. (Though often called the first modern one)

The Fedorov Avtomat, for example, would be a reasonable choice in terms of being a rare, but used weapon.

Just as an example, but here's the thing, I feel.
The MKB is an awesome weapon and throws off the balance.
RO has often aimed at realism, but has been really smart by saying things like "Sniper rifles are very good. The team only gets one." as opposed to CoD where they have to make it so a person can take a barret shot to the chest and shrug it off.

So even if they limit it to, say, 3 MKBs on a team that's more quality weaponry than the Russians have. Give the Russians not a carbon-copy, but a gun that functions much in the same way (The same way the PPSH and MP40 are rivals, basically)

Dunno if I am making any sense, but it's just an idea I got, so please don't rage at me or over the subject because of my little thoughts.

And that's the problem. There was no russian weapon that came close to the effectiveness of the MKb.
From what I am finding checking out gun places and the history of the thing, the Fedorov Avtomat was well recieved. Keep in mind that's like in 1916, but still it's closer than the broken AVT.

And the MKB is a bit of a stretch, so is the Fedorov, but personally I'd like to have a rival to the MKB42, if that gun is here to stay, which it is.

And thanks for the lovely comment, theta123.

Basically, if the MKB elevated the German side of the table, get a coaster or something to do the same with the Russian side. (God, what an awful analogy)

Upvote 0
well we ALL know the MKB42 wont be removed....So atleast something simular should be added. AVT40? sorry but that thing is useless. It is nothing compared to the MKB42.

Adding the federov avtomat is a nice thing then.

It was actually a well recieved weapon. The 7.62 russian was way to powerfull, but the 6.5x50 arisaka was a pretty good round for it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Derpus
Upvote 0
well I heard the feterov was used up into the winter war, but after that it is supposed to have not been used. Personally, I think the PPSH needs a Buff before any new russian guns sneak in. To be honest, I'd love to see the MKB get some actual muzzle climb, almost to the degree the PPSH has. Right not it handles like an even more powerful MP-40

Reactions: Unus Offa Unus Nex
Upvote 0
well I heard the feterov was used up into the winter war, but after that it is supposed to have not been used. Personally, I think the PPSH needs a Buff before any new russian guns sneak in. To be honest, I'd love to see the MKB get some actual muzzle climb, almost to the degree the PPSH has. Right not it handles like an even more powerful MP-40

I think the MKB is fine in full auto, it kicks quite heavily, however when firing single shots it doesn't seem to move an inch. But thats more from a gameplay perspective, as I've never fired any of those guns in real life.

Upvote 0
I think the MKB is fine in full auto, it kicks quite heavily, however when firing single shots it doesn't seem to move an inch. But thats more from a gameplay perspective, as I've never fired any of those guns in real life.

I haven't noticed heavy recoil. Used it once, found it easy to bulls-eye people in full auto at 50 yards or so.

Upvote 0

The recoil is not at all heavy in full-auto - It feels like the COD2 StG 44, perhaps slightly higher. People went full auto with the COD2 StG from silly ranges (around the back from the allied spawn shooting people on the axis flag in Carentan, for example) with great success.

They shouldn't "nerf" the gun or add artificial hurdles to make it tougher to shoot, a simple reduction in availability would suffice.

---

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You can't re-write history.

Thanks to the MKb42 the Germans won the battle of Stalingrad in just under three hours.

Leave it be.

COUGH.

I wish TWI could produce the "evidence" they claimed to have of the weapon even being there. You probably remember how fans pressed for it and they simply said they had lost it. If they really had evidence, it's actually somewhat historically important - It's evidence that seems to elude (or very nearly elude) even professional military historians - I couldn't even find a trace of this so-called evidence with heavy googling. Granted, it's possible I'm just missing it (Google is not all there is to finding info) but it's hard to avoid the obvious conclusion: The evidence is bogus.

---

Last edited:
Upvote 0
For the love of all that is RO, we need *less* automatic weapons, not more :(
Yes, but here's the question.

Would we like the Russians to have an MKB equivalent to remedy the imbalance?

Let's entertain this thought instead of bashing the MKB or whining how we want it removed, since I doubt Tripwire will remove a weapon they've already made.

Upvote 0
people crying about balance are just bad. i win on russian all the time it just takes teamwork and less camping and i certainly do not lose because 3 members of the opposing team have an assault rifle.

There were loads of assault weapons in Stalingrad and in ww2 for that matter, this isn't world war 1.

Upvote 0