• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

More manpower is needed on the frontlines

I think free weekends will do just fine in boosting the game population. (and TWI said they'll surely come in the future)Also, the new content in form of new maps, vehicles and custom maps will surely bring back a large chunk of players who are either bored of the stock maps or find them too small or lacking in some way. I know that I'll be probably playing more than I am now when new content arrives.
Does anyone maybe now what's the ETA on the half-track update?

Upvote 0
I like your intent OP, but I think RO2 will be better served by having full free weekends. People need the single player (and hopefully by the time a free weekend rolls around, private local botmatches) to be able to get used to the game. Throwing new people right into multiplayer (outside of that core demographic) could be a recipe for failure.

Upvote 0
Hell, I'd play that class for fun.

I will start playing again once I can take off my bajonett.

Honestly, just press F at every respawn. That's what was different in RO.

Bayonet never had any effect on anything except melee capability and there was no reason not to have it on in RO:OST. It's simply waste of developer time to implement animations and sounds and mechanic for attaching/removing bayonet mid-game.

Also, on the OP - no. F2P games are a cancer on gaming.

Hahaha 5 downvotes for stating the truth again!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'd be in favor of a free-to-play system as long as it didn't cost TWI too much in lost sales. The way I see it bad players are just more XP and if you go into a pub as it is expecting teamwork you're expecting too much. Sure, a lot of times folks with mics get their **** together and organize a plan, but for everyone who pays attention there are 5 lemmings who walk into the same machinegun repeatedly. Or friendly artillery.

Upvote 0
Since it came out there have always been full servers for me to choose from.
... there are full servers, but it's often really really hard to find ones with decent ping -- especially if you live in the US. It's even worse if you live somewhere like Australia, where the game is basically unplayable on European servers from what I hear.

To be honest (as always), I would have never thought the age-old RO1 problem of finding a well populated server would be an issue in RO2...

Upvote 0
OP: Nice to see someone thinking laterally about improving the number of players. It won't work though:-
- Paying for a game is the first line of defence against exploits, griefers and genetic asshats. (This is not to say that paying for a game eliminates all undesirables, it's just the first line of defence.)
- TWI sacrificed far too much of the hard-won RO ground in the name of accessibility for RO2, all in the pursuit of the mighty buck. Adding a permanent free-to-play class in RO2 would seem to run counter to that marketing decision. (I don't have solid numbers on how effective free-to-play mechanics do with regard to converting free-players into paying players, but the likely damage to the game play [see above point] probably wouldn't be worth it and may even adversely affect numbers.)

EDIT: The only sure-fire, reliable way to improve player numbers is to build a better game.

Last edited:
Upvote 0