• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

More manpower is needed on the frontlines

Tribalbeat

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 25, 2011
I want to begin by saying that I love Red Orchestra 2. Unfortunately, it seems like the player count at any given time never rises above 2,000. Now, I am only spitballing here, but please, lend me your ears and feedback. How would the Red Orchestra community feel about the implementation of Shtrafbat troops?

The idea behind Shtrafbats would be similar to a free-to-play model (don't freak out just yet). It would act similarly to a demo or trial, allowing players to download and join regular matches and all. The main catch is that players would only be able to play as the riflemen class, though with reduced ammunition due to logistics but still able to pick up dropped weaponry. Additionally, Shtrafbat players would not be able to gain experience of go through the single player campagin. This would keep player counts high and allow anyone who is on the bench about buying Red Orchestra a taste of what it is like before purchasing.

Anyway, how would you guys feel about this? Love it? Hate it? Have any suggestions?

Was gonna buy this tomoz but now not so sure

Basically am i gonna have problems getting into 64 player games ???? Whats highest amount of people online at once on average ????

u live in england?? no problem then, theres always a 2-3 full 64 player servers, and great matches allso :)

ontopic: I think its a great idea, works for arma too;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
no... just buy it for all your friends instead at $11.

JAKE... I see servers with 64 players in AU almost every night. Catch is you don't always see the server in the ranked browser. A lot of the time I am going off recent or favorites servers.

I think its gamearena 2 or 3 most of the time or ... aussie\nz RO2.

Last edited:
Upvote 0