• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor 2.51

We are all fans of the mod, just as we were all fans of RO (the mod).
Some prefer the old school or mod play style, some don't.

Personally I'm all for moving forward, or developing, which is exactly what TW are doing, and doing quite well.
I must have put about 5 (24/7) years of my life playing RO.
About a week for KF...
I had trouble finding the tactical aspect of the game, I could say that I've seen more tactics in a can of beans, but thats just me, to be fair I haven't given enough time playing the game to make such a statement.

I"m just impressed with what they (TW) have squeezed out of the Unreal engine.

Talking of Zombies here is the deadest of the dead Steam Groups, only serious Zombies hang out here...

[url]http://steamcommunity.com/groups/ROL4D/members[/URL]

If you wish...look sig.

Upvote 0
About a week for KF...
I had trouble finding the tactical aspect of the game, I could say that I've seen more tactics in a can of beans, but thats just me, to be fair I haven't given enough time playing the game to make such a statement.

KF still has tactics involved but its less noticable with everyone running around with M14's and crossbows, and the zombies dropping like flies. plus the perk system has got a little out of control.

in the mod the guns were really bad, they would miss (handcannon!), the trader would be the one ripping others off, the fleshpound was so overpowered only LAW's had any real effect, walking speed was so slow, and the zombies didnt go down easy, you shoot their head off and they just keep coming. etc etc etc.

not to say i dislike the new KF but its like, imagine RO was this hardcore mod and then another company bought it and made it into something similiar to CoD. i happen to love KF no matter what though because its always been a very well done game whether its Alex or TWI running the show.

Upvote 0
it was hard to get into but once you find a group of players, and learn the strategy, its a really great game.

I always knew that, but never really had the chance to find a group/ learn the strategies

i understand why TWI would simplify some things to make the retail game more smooth and easy to digest, but for me, KF mod's rough edges were what set it apart from other games:

for once it felt like whoever made this wants to challenge me. the same reason why i dig RO so much, its challenging. i just wish some of the challenge from the mod wouldve stayed, because now if its not suicidal or on hard playing a difficult map, theres no rush.

I agree, also, playing suicidal with a full lvl6 team who knows what to do is just like a walk in the park, with probably some moments of danger.

Upvote 0
theres like only 4 servers hahaha. theyre mostly running 2.51 official patch from Marco, but 1 server (miasma) is running 2.51 community patch. im not going to tell you which one to get though, because Raj from miasma will probably send you a message telling you youre destroying the mod by not playing his patch or some BS.

I'm sure Raj doesn't give a rats.

But,

can I make it absolutely clear theMiasma.com V3 of the mod we're working on in NO WAY assumes it is official. IT IS UNOFFICIAL.

Also in no way are we trying to make it superior to the polished and well turned out commercial versions by Tripwire. We're amateurs...

Just a group of guys who happen to love old KF. Beyond that all we wanted was multiplayer StoryMode. That's all we're doing, so give us a break.

Upvote 0