• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Red Orchestra 2 Update Released - September 21

TWI, please stop 'optimising' the game and find some damnable QA to test things properly. A drop of 15-20 FPS is not acceptable when I was struggling to push for a consistant and smooth 40 FPS.

i5 750 overclocked to 3.4GhZ
4GB DDR3 1333MhZ RAM
Radeon 5870

Meh. ARMA:II had better performance than this... :(

Upvote 0
For me Spartanovka is the best map for good FPS, i had to drop shadows to high, AO to off and the AA to FSAA low to get decent framerates, with this before the patch i was never getting below 45fps on this map and han't seen below 40fps for quite some time on others.

With this patch on Spartanovka it drops to as low as 23fps in places, i tested this in a 32 player server and waited at the spawn till i was by myself and it still did it (my GPU usage droped to 25% with it), on Aparments it went under 20fps for the 1st time in ages (again GPU usage dropped to under 25%).

This is the patch that has finally made the game unplayable for me, good thing F1 2011 showed up today :D, hope this gets fixed ASAP TWI as i love the game.

Last edited:
Upvote 0