• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Red Orchestra 2 Update Released - September 21

Why are you thanking them???? Should they not have came out with a finished product??? I remember back in the early 90s, games were actually completed when they were released. With the advent of broadband internet, the quality of games at release took a nose dive as, **** and lazy programmers figure they can finish game months after the release date while already rolling in the customers money.

You clearly don't know what you are talking about.

The speed at which these patches are coming out at are sign that they are working very hard indeed to fix these issues. Calling them lazy is completely out of line.

As is comparing games programming of today to that of the 90s.. How much more complex are todays games than those of the 90's?? How many more lines of code do you think?

We'd all love the game to be bug free, but with an ambitious project like this from a small team that was always going to be unlikely. I for one would much rather have what we have today (a game which has paid for itsself in the fun I have already had from it) and know that the dev's will eventually fix everything.... Than wait another 6month and not be able to play.

Too right the dev's at TWI should be thanked.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jason_Argo
Upvote 0
You clearly don't know what you are talking about.

The speed at which these patches are coming out at are sign that they are working very hard indeed to fix these issues. Calling them lazy is completely out of line.

As is comparing games programming of today to that of the 90s.. How much more complex are todays games than those of the 90's?? How many more lines of code do you think?

We'd all love the game to be bug free, but with an ambitious project like this from a small team that was always going to be unlikely. I for one would much rather have what we have today (a game which has paid for itsself in the fun I have already had from it) and know that the dev's will eventually fix everything.... Than wait another 6month and not be able to play.

Too right the dev's at TWI should be thanked.

I agree with you. It was very frustrating when the game came out, but things have improved for me. I also yield some of that anger due to the fact this is an indie team, and not EA which have unlimited funds. Not to say there is no valid criticism. But there have been at least 4 updates and that means they are trying to find solutions.

Last edited:
Reactions: mr71mb0
Upvote 0
I agree with you. It was very frustrating when the game came out, but thongs have improved for me. I also yield some of that anger due to the fact this is an indie team, and not EA which have unlimited funds. Not to say there is no valid criticism. But there have been at least 4 updates and that means they are trying to find solutions.

Sure, issues are frustrating, but it was only released 9 days ago. People seem to be forgetting that.

Upvote 0
Mine went back to a good level in the 60-80 area.. But I then found another 10 straight away by turning the ingame AA off and forcing nvidia AA through nvidiainspector (An extra plus is it actually now removes all the jaggies instead of looking like a console attempt)

Im still losing music though every now and again

Upvote 0
I get the micro stutter as well but I have always have (maybe worse now?) even though for the most part my fps stays in the high 50's and low 60's, I just thought it was my system.
Yep, I get tons of stuttering now, even though the game worked just fine before apart from the occasional memory leak and hard freezing my PC (lol, you know, minor stuff). Now I've got an extra issue to keep me from playing! Yay!

This is getting quite ridiculous.

Upvote 0
They still havent adressed the issue where good computers with ssd drives and great connection still load the map slower.

It's ok come October the game will start dropping. By the end of the year the game will be dead and even though you guys want a core set of vet players from ro (I happen to be one also) you'll all just be playing vs each other vs the same people and that will get boring.

*nods*

Upvote 0
Why are you thanking them???? Should they not have came out with a finished product??? I remember back in the early 90s, games were actually completed when they were released. With the advent of broadband internet, the quality of games at release took a nose dive as, **** and lazy programmers figure they can finish game months after the release date while already rolling in the customers money.

Lol dude are you kidding. There was a good chance back in the 90's the game you bought may not even work on your computer (hell I laboured to get Tie Fighter and X-Wing to work), and tech support back then was brutal. Ever play Deus Ex back in the early 2000's? Its often protrayed as the pinnacle of gaming during that time period but it was HORRIBLY optimized, even though the graphics were not even great for the time it still was a beast to run.

There were a lot of broken games back in the 90's and early 2000's.

Upvote 0