• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Wounded terminator

Another thing with the damage system is that you can run like nothing happen if someone shoot at you and hit you. In RO1 your running speed was decreased a lot, and if you were unlucky, your weapon might fall out from your hand.

are you kidding me?

the hit system on RO1 was piss poor. when you were getting hit you would suddenly "crash" into an invisible wall. that was annoying and retarded, no one wants such crap on RO2.

Reactions: Lt.PeterStegman
Upvote 0
Meh health regen does a better job at keeping people out of the fight for a while than bandaging. RO2 is just an arcade tunnel shooter masked as realistic.
YES I DO KNOW bandages dont heal you up, but instead they serve better than Kevlar vests and take only two seconds to "activate" compared to waiting 20 sec for health regen to kick in and then another ~20 to regen to 100%.

- Wonder whose idea it was to add 2sec bandages instead of the RO1 temporary limb damage thing..

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The reasson why you got instant hs was because you might have a low ping whereas your oponent have a high ping.. I've seen that countless of times now in RO2.. The game system favours the high ping for odd reassons all the time.

A little annoying but game is still good and I do hope they'll fix that. Split second instant hs.. >.<

Upvote 0
It won't be long until you see buddies shooting each other in the chest in the spawn and bandaging.

Instant bullet proof vests

Better yet, bash your team sniper in the head then have him bandage, then he is free to go and snipe with his head above the cover till rounds end, impervious to all fire.

Actually I wonder if bashing has the same effect as shooting? because you could probably bash most of someones vital areas then send the terminator out with a MG34 250 rnd belts.

Reactions: DiedTrying
Upvote 0
What annoys me far more than the bandaging is the speed of aiming. It's rather fast to start with, but when you add the 20% odd bonus for the leveling, and then add the almost instant stop from sprint it just gets silly. When you can go from sprinting to aiming a rifle in a second, it's not really believable. And it's certainly not good for game play either.

People run and gun far more in RO2 than they did in RO1. The difference is in RO1 it was smg'ers doing it from the hip. In RO2 it's everyone running around doing it, the difference being they aim.

Reactions: Sojuz
Upvote 0
What annoys me far more than the bandaging is the speed of aiming. It's rather fast to start with, but when you add the 20% odd bonus for the leveling, and then add the almost instant stop from sprint it just gets silly. When you can go from sprinting to aiming a rifle in a second, it's not really believable. And it's certainly not good for game play either.

People run and gun far more in RO2 than they did in RO1. The difference is in RO1 it was smg'ers doing it from the hip. In RO2 it's everyone running around doing it, the difference being they aim.
It's definitely safe to say that the leveling bonuses do not deliver what the developer intended ... they actually make the game even more COD-like and away from the realism that RO2 supposedly embraces.

Upvote 0
@ quick stop & shoot process:

When running, if you hit your IS button the game stops you and aims your weapon for you. If you just click rmb lmb to aim then fire you can basically fire as quick as you can manage to click the two buttons in succession. Saying it takes a second is generous, very generous.

Does ADS center your gun aim for you, as sprinting centered hipfire in OST? Because if it does, that's the main problem with quick ADS fire because it does take half a second for ironsight to completely come up. But you could fire before it comes up and if simply going ADS centers your aim then you could eyeball your shots a lot easier and pull off these shots pretty consistently.

Mind you though, this if this is how it works then it's no worse than OST's hipfire since it's basically the same deal.

Upvote 0
Bandaging is a joke.
First of all, if a wound makes you die after just several seconds (if not bandaged; like it is in RO2 now), then bandaging it wouldn't help you at all. You're probably hit in one of the arteries, had a huge chunk of your flesh torn out by the bullet, or your vital organ has been severely damaged, thus you would not survive without an immediate proper medical attention.
In RO2 you patch yourself up and are ready to continue wreaking havoc amongst the enemy just within what, two seconds? Without any impact on your avatar's overall combat effiecency?

Let me tell you about a bandage experience I had on Spartanovka map.
The Germans were trying to flank us from the left. Me and several chaps from my team were trying to stop them. Suddenly, a Jerry SL popped into my view at ca. 10 meters from me. I shot him with a bolt rifle and while I was rechambering a round, he patched himself up. I shot him again - and the story repeated. It took three 7.92mm rounds to finally knock him down with all that bandaging he made. What a nonsense, if you ask me.

Not to mention that when a person is shot and wounded, his avatar really should react somehow. Dropping on the ground for a brief moment perhaps, or whatever. At the current state of the game, being hit has virtually no impact on aiming and completely none on movement.

This needs to be fixed somehow. And you guys have given on this forum a lot of plausible solutions, like team members being the ones that can patch up wounded comrades, or bandaging taking much more time...

Upvote 0