• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The list of low hanging fruit: simple yet annoying issues that should have easy fixes

This. Alternatively, your avatar should remember his reload state and simply pull the damn cocking handle at the next opportunity.

True, enough, but what is actually happening here is that the animation is being interupted and as such is not actually finished.

IMO a stage based anim might work here.
Instead of one animation that can be broken we have about 3 to 5 animation peices depending on which gun and how it reloads.

So for a ppsh anim 1 is removing the old mag, anim 2 puts a new mag in, and anim 3 charges the weapon if it needs it.
As each animation finishes it saves that state, so if you break the animaion after pulling the magazine out the gun will come back up with no magazine in it and you will have to hit reload to resume loading.

( the animations would be seamed together to look as they do now )

That way when you happened upon such a click your avatar could just throw back the charging handle and you are good to go, instead of reloading in a firefight...

Upvote 0
Almost nothing on this list is "simple and/or easy". But I think there are some good suggestions here.

On that note, we may have nailed down the no fire bug :)
Simpler and easier than completely redoing an existing system. I didn't mean to underplay how much work some of these sort of things include but compared to some of the suggestions being posted lately, these are slightly easier but I'm not exactly in the position to judge as I have no idea where the scripting and code is at, at the moment.

Anyway i'll go through the thread again and put any new ideas into the OP

Upvote 0
True, enough, but what is actually happening here is that the animation is being interupted and as such is not actually finished.

IMO a stage based anim might work here.
Instead of one animation that can be broken we have about 3 to 5 animation peices depending on which gun and how it reloads.

So for a ppsh anim 1 is removing the old mag, anim 2 puts a new mag in, and anim 3 charges the weapon if it needs it.
As each animation finishes it saves that state, so if you break the animaion after pulling the magazine out the gun will come back up with no magazine in it and you will have to hit reload to resume loading.

( the animations would be seamed together to look as they do now )

That way when you happened upon such a click your avatar could just throw back the charging handle and you are good to go, instead of reloading in a firefight...

Sorry to double post but I want to address this as it's a great idea. Something similar was added to Mount and Blade: With fire and sword and it was easily one of the best additions to the game as it's reload animations were rather lengthy(as you'd expect, for muskets) so having to do an animation again and again because you interrupted it was irritating. However I have no idea how the current animation system works so I'm not sure if it's even feasible let alone easy

Reactions: Stahlgeist
Upvote 0
I'm not sure if this has occurred to anyone else, or if it's just me...

But when a squad leader marks a place for you to move to, do you, as a team member have any idea where he wants you to move?:confused:

I mean I've even marked a place myself as a squad leader, and there's no indication of any sort at all.

I've noticed that as well, it should be added to your tactical hud on demand view.

Upvote 0
Just wanted to bump this, but I had a small bug in FF.

(viewed from the german side)
When I just capped the central I moved to the left along a wall which is pretty low. When I sprinted to a cabin (an intact one just like the broken one at central) with sandbags next to it, I realized that I cannot mantle over the sandbags. These are even lower than some others so that must be overlooked when enabling mantling on the map.

I haven't played FF for a while so I will try it again to see if it has been fixed already.

I also missed the 'Hold iron sight' option as an 'easy to fix' issue.

Upvote 0
Two of the most saught after additions to the game that should've been there from the start:

- The ability to choose between your unlocked weapon upgrades
- The ability to attach & detach bayonet ingame

When TWI gets around adding both of these things the game will become A LOT more enjoyable for everyone.

and being able to use the bayonet as a mele weapon when not attached.. with blood spraying all over the walls, and sounds of someone choking on their blood ;D

Reactions: Colt .45 killer
Upvote 0
And whenever an objective is captured, a huge mess of icons fills your screen/vision.

It's not exactly practical, especially when you've got a shot lined up. You've already got a map to look at anyway.

that SUCKS .. i hate when that text blocks my vision, they could at least put it on the top or bottom of the screen, where its not blocking

Upvote 0
thought of another thing: Having to click ready every time i die.
Really bugs me - sometimes i dont get there in time and miss a re-spawn.
I dont want to change my role - i just want to spawn.
Make changing role/spawn an option - rather than a default.

+1

• Increase the time spent before map change on servers that do not use the voting features. - This is to allow players to chat after the game has ended.
oh yes! More social life in-game would be great! I miss it so much! :cool:

Upvote 0
Playernames containing characters like ":", "(" and ")" will have their name appear as Playerxxx (xxx are numbers) in-game.

Simple fix is to allow more special characters. It's not like colon and open/close parentheses are that special. Silly thing is once in-game, you can change your name and add the characters anyway, "Setname Blabla:)", and it works.

As a result of the bug our clantag ":(" results in all our names being "Playerxxx" when we connect.
OP update first post with this bug. That's the whole idea right?

Upvote 0
default MGs are wrong way around. Axis default setting is DP-28 and Allies MG-34. (Note: only when you reach the veteran MG level to gain acces on both)

During the stats fubar period I discovered this happens to all guns. Russians standardly spawn with German weapons & Vice versa. People should have to opt into spawning with an enemy weapon.

Upvote 0