• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The list of low hanging fruit: simple yet annoying issues that should have easy fixes

Wow, tested it one minute ago and thought I was telling you bull****.

But test it yourself. You have to use manual bolting!
- Shooting one round, NOT bolting the rifle manually and pressing reload, results in an animation of ejecting the fired shell and reloading one round.
- Shooting one round, manual bolt and reload: This time the animation ejects the second unfired round and reloads two fresh rounds.

I like this game.^^

Upvote 0
Wow, tested it one minute ago and thought I was telling you bull****.

But test it yourself. You have to use manual bolting!
- Shooting one round, NOT bolting the rifle manually and pressing reload, results in an animation of ejecting the fired shell and reloading one round.
- Shooting one round, manual bolt and reload: This time the animation ejects the second unfired round and reloads two fresh rounds.

I like this game.^^
Yeah it's an intended feature it puts a lot of people off because the Mosin-Nagant is bugged and doesn't have this

Upvote 0
Wow, great post. I totally agree with all of these things.

I'd also like to add that it would be nice if we could see the roles of players on our own team in the scoreboard, like in RO1. Like if I want to know who our commander is, I can figure it out via the scoreboard.

I'd like to be able to find myself on the overhead map quicker. There are so many graphics and icons that I'm often staring at the map too long before I can find myself (little triangle).

Both of these.
By roles, I interpret player class, mg'er, engineer, bolt'er as well as rank !

Thanks...

Upvote 0
Some better information in terms of the reload animations, I swear many times I have fully waiting till the hammer is home then started running to move up, acquire a target, gun up. Click! The animation was some .001 seconds from finishing and as such my gun is not loaded.

This. Alternatively, your avatar should remember his reload state and simply pull the damn cocking handle at the next opportunity.

Upvote 0
Not necessarily an easy fix (maybe more 'tedious') would be:

making sure that MGs can be deployed everywhere that looks like it would support deployment. Specifically:
* piles of grain sacks on Station
* various other bits of railway gear on Station
* all windows on all maps (that's right, check them all and fix the ones where deployment either buries you inside the wall or sticks you to the side of the window instead of the bottom edge).

It'd also be good to be able to deploy into the gap between the wall and the centre frame of a window. At the moment you deploy with the centre frame blocking your view and trying to edge left or right often causes you to undeploy.

Reactions: MillioneMarkus
Upvote 0