• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Loss of sound ingame

I had the same problem. Nearly. At the beginning of a round just as the counter disappeared I herd a brief crackle and then my sound was gone. The game continued to play as usual.

Through asking people to type I was even able to confirm that my mic was still working, or RO2s current approximation of a mic working. I tried going into the menus. Changing my sound quality in the options from high to low and even alt tabbing to see if I could get the sound to resume. None of that worked.

However as soon as I clicked disconnect in the options there was another crackle and sound resumed. That is the best detail I can remember to describe my bug.

Upvote 0
I have had this issue happen to me several times.... After map change the sound goes out and I must restart the game to fix. It has happened several times I believe on both my headset and my speakers. My main soundcard is the built in driver that comes with the EDimensional AudioFX Pro 5+1 USB headset. My normal speakers are plugged into my onboard audio which is Realtek HD Audio as others have. I rarely use the speakers though.

Upvote 0
My thread about this didnt show up, so i post my experince here.
This happen to me twice, only when new map loads and i pop upp steams chat window (shift + tab). Its like when you alt + tab but.. instead of everything goind down, only the sound does. So when map loads and someone types to me on steam and i pop up the chat window ingame, the sound goes away. THis dont happen when i take up the steam chat window when im already in the server or the map is already loaded.

So it may have something to do with map loading as i have read here and on the other thread about people losing the sound there.

I hope this can help the devs to locate the problem a little better :)

Upvote 0
I have this too (so far 2 times). Just wanted to add, that on every map change, my speakers make a crackling sound (same when i turn them on for the first time).

I hope the speakers themselves dont get damaged by this, since i never encountered this before
(Speakers are Teufel 5.1 set and ~3 yrs old)

Upvote 0