• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Is Lying good? or bad?

Me not going to art school because I don't have anything to do there that day, I would just be bored in class, besides the teacher won't mind, most of my fellow students are much older than me and they do the same thing, basically if you don't want to come that day then don't come. Also in this situation my parents aren't home.

sounds like your lying to yourself and not to your mum. and ofc your teacher dont care. its not him who gets worse grades -.-

Upvote 0
sounds like your lying to yourself and not to your mum. and ofc your teacher dont care. its not him who gets worse grades -.-

Well the education is actually just 2-3 days a week and mostly all you do is photoshop the pictures you took. We do have projects ofcourse but if you finish that there isn't actually any reason to go to school. We get an email from the teacher what will be the plan of the week anyway so if I see he will explain some things I would come. Besides I come most of the time, bored or not, just sometimes something comes up that makes going there a bit more difficult like my car is at the shop. I could cycle to go there but why cycle and be bored in class, takes too much effort for little gain.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
He is in art school... art :rolleyes:

Oh I read "fart" school. thankz for clearing that up!

Well the education is actually just 2-3 days a week and mostly all you do is photoshop the pictures you took. We do have projects ofcourse but if you finish that there isn't actually any reason to go to school. We get an email from the teacher what will be the plan of the week anyway so if I see he will explain some things I would come. Besides I come most of the time, bored or not, just sometimes sometime comes up that makes going there a bit more difficult like my car is at the shop. I could cycle to go there but why cycle and be bored in class, takes too much effort for little gain.

well then I just hope that you dont pay money for your education of nothing! (or am I)

Upvote 0
I don't believe you.

Your choice!

I may conceal information, but I don't tell lies about it. If you ask me something I shouldn't or don't want to tell you I'll either say
"You don't want me to answer that"
That it's "none of your business"
Or I'll deflect the question with a sort of
"Do you want to know because...?" + insert clever insightful commentary on the reason you want to know said information and your reasonings for thinking I know and/or care.

For anything else, it's just a straight answer.

Upvote 0
The following sentence is false.

The previous sentence is true.

1355919850866131296170.jpg

Upvote 0
On a more serious note than the paradox than confused the loser that anonymously voted down my last post.

It really depends on whether you're approaching lying from a deontological or consequentialist standpoint.

if you believe doing "bad" things is bad period, then don't lie; and let bad things happen by doing good things.

And vice-versa. If you believe in "the end justifies the means" then lie to save yourself/others.

Make sure lying has a point to it, then it can be good. If you're lying to be an arse, then it's bad. :)

Upvote 0