• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What we are up to - Jan 3rd "Welcome Back Mr. Freeman" edition

It's alwasy nice to see Tripwire hard at work on the important issues!

Is there any work going into the content that wasn't included at launch sometime soon!
(After the important stuff ..of course)

Missed launch functionality: Co-op
Missed launch functionality: Online Campaign
Missed launch functionality: Additional Clan/Server/Client Functionality

Guys .. before you downvote this post because you don't like these features, please remember 2 things:
(It seems there are a few here who downvote every post they don't agree with, no matter how valid or factual the information is)

These were options that should have been included at game release
And .. they are just that .. options that you aren't required to play, but are there for those who do enjoy them.
If you don't like them you can play your game as usual, but they also provide some other modes of play for those who do enjoy them.

If Tripwire had no intention of including them ingame at release, they shouldn't have advertised them as being included.
Online campaign is clearly labeled on the retail box as an included feature.

I guess my question is:
If and when will this content be added?

In a previous thread, Yoshiro stated that these options would be added in a patch at some point.
Is this statement still valid?

I am not suggesting they take priority over the important issues, but that we have some form of answer as to when they might be expected.

Thanks in advance for you answer!

Upvote 0
Our priority this week for RO 2 is fixing up the SDK and getting it out the door. We've isolated and addressed the long load times for both the loading of the editor and the compiler for scripts. We are working next on fixing redirect for servers and some changes to the cooking processes for maps. After that is out and tested we are looking at the full release of the SDK for everybody.

Thank the lord - the compiles are taking soo long due to the above mentioned issue, so this is great news.

Thank you very much and happy new year :)

Reactions: Seniram1961
Upvote 0
Is there any work going into the content that wasn't included at launch sometime soon!

In a previous thread, Yoshiro stated that these options would be added in a patch at some point.

I know I've only quoted parts of your reply Lethall, but I think you hit the nail on the head.

There is little, in fact no competitive play at the moment. Without these, this game is dead. There were maybe 70-80 clans/communities showing strong interest in the game at release time. However due to no movement and a complete lack of information on the release date for these items, most groups have stopped playing this game.

If the three items you mentioned had been released in Oct-Nov 2011, I'd suggest that numbers of active players/groups would be double what they are at present.

As Lethall has asked the question, could someone from Tripwire answer it please, possibly giving a release date, as it is almost five months since I bought this product.

Upvote 0

[/I]

They are still in the works unless stated otherwise. Additional clan/server/client functionality will be filtering in as patches go on. Of the two modes, Online Campaign will likely be the first one out.

Upvote 0
Jesus ****ing Christ people wake up!!!!!!!!!!!Until you TWI will release the "BIG PATCH" another games will be out and all af your work will be total waste of time!!!!Remember...2012 brings a lot a new good games..such as...Far Cry 3,Heroes and Generals,Iron FRont Liberation 1944,Sniper Elite 2 and many many more....shoot me but i'm right,i'm a fan of RO,but u are working so ****ing slooooow!!!!!!Not to talk about the recent games that it will have many DLC this year.Common guys...stop beeing trapted in yourselfs!!!

Upvote 0
Jesus ****ing Christ people wake up!!!!!!!!!!!Until you TWI will release the "BIG PATCH" another games will be out and all af your work will be total waste of time!!!!Remember...2012 brings a lot a new good games..such as...Far Cry 3,Heroes and Generals,Iron FRont Liberation 1944,Sniper Elite 2 and many many more....shoot me but i'm right,i'm a fan of RO,but u are working so ****ing slooooow!!!!!!Not to talk about the recent games that it will have many DLC this year.Common guys...stop beeing trapted in yourselfs!!!

You do realize Tripwire is a small independent developer. This isn't some EA sponsored 300 man corporate yessir team.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
They are still in the works unless stated otherwise. Additional clan/server/client functionality will be filtering in as patches go on. Of the two modes, Online Campaign will likely be the first one out.

awww_yeah.gif

Upvote 0