• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Getting Your Map on the White List

Upvote 0
Update to the whitelist

Update to the whitelist

Here are the changes for this update:

Added:

KF-ContainmentStation by FEL
Flame
KF-Outpost13_Fix by HateMe
KF-ParkingDeath by Kuso
KF-ResearchFacility-V7 by alucardsword8
KF-ShantyTown by Kuso
KF-Vostroya by Fel

Unable to add Due To Exploits:
Ammonia - exploit at the start you can go under the planks in the middle and the zeds cant get you but other than that this level is good if that gets fixed this map passes

bioticslablastlevel - This level did not run well and crashed

defence-b8 - The testers deemed this too easy

fort - The testers deemed this too easy

french garden - Exploit

horzine-retreat - The testers deemed this too easy

innerfortress - The testers deemed this too easy

ancient-ruins - The testers deemed this too easy

staircase -Great idea with the portals but the stairs are kinda a exploit

wolverine's lair 2500bc - Map did not work

candlesmoke revamp - exploit on drops

arenawarsV3 - The testers deemed this too easy

bankV4 - AK too easy to get

ComunidadArgentina - exploit

defence-b2 - The testers deemed this too easy

defence classic - The testers deemed this too easy

ElfuerteArgentino - The testers deemed this too easy

Forgotten warehouse - The testers deemed this too easy

lostCity - Zeds don't know how to get behind the big desk

office22 - The testers deemed this too easy

Peak-mission - The testers deemed this too easy

crystal lake - You can open the door to where it and the walls keep zeds back if that could get fixed this would be a good level

horzin-warehouse - Clots get stuck on the railing up top but no other zeds do if that gets fixed this level passes

block party - The beds are a exploit on the head board

cardenhillV3 - Can stand on the dead bodies and no one can hit you

corruption - Can jump on stuff and only have to watch one side

deadsimple - Can get up on the pipes and not get touched

StillAlive - There is one set of stairs that lead to a door that dont open but if you stay on it and just turn around you can hold up right there an the zeds will come to you one at a time

Tomb of rameses b2 - The testers deemed this too easy

Tomb of rameses V1.2 - The perks are taken away but it is to easy to and there is a dubble barrel as a pick up

waterCeanal - The testers deemed this too easy

If you correct the issues on the maps please re submit them for whitelist testing. There are a few more maps in line for testing, but at the time of this posting they didn't have their final review in yet. I will jump on them as soon as I see them go up.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
cardenhillV3 - Can stand on the dead bodies and no one can hit you

What exactly does that mean? The random dead bodies on floor? That problem is in EVERY map out there, even the stock ones. Maybe not in form of dead bodies but ANYTHING thats slightly off the ground will cause specimens to be unable to attack you (melee ones). Its more of an problem with the specimens not the maps...

StillAlive - There is one set of stairs that lead to a door that dont open but if you stay on it and just turn around you can hold up right there an the zeds will come to you one at a time

Have you tried that on anything above Hard? I was never able to hold that area, always got mobbed. I dont know how you can efficently hold out in there if you got like few feet of room to kill scrakes and fleshpounds? Or am I thinking of the wrong place..?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I dont understand how you can say peak is too easy to play. did you play the map? (doesnt seem like it) cause its quite difficult. YOu know the 1st 4 min of the map is an intro with little zeds? I bet they didnt even play the map that far.
Also I 90% sure i got all the exploits in candlesmoke, although they dont matter because players are forced to move from area to area.

and whats does exploit on drops mean? pics please. its a huge map

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'll ask the qa team to review those.

I checked Carden Hill and it had like 2 dead bodies where I accidently left collision on, however BOTH were on areas impossible to defend even by sitting on top of them because sirens, bloats, and husks can still hit you and they spawn right around the corner meaning you have no time to pick them out quickly enough for this to be effective in any way. Especially on higher difficulties, on lower ones like normal you can hold out ANYWHERE anyway.

However I went and fixed the collision since it was a 5 second work anyway...

Map: Carden Hill
Filename: KF-CardenHill-v3a
Download: Click

As for the staircase on StillAlive, I still dont believe its exploitable any more than lets say the upper floor on Foundry, the cave in Manor, the fence gate on West London, the countless rooms on Filths Cross... Dispite already trying it when I was making the map, I tried it AGAIN with cheats on to get all weapons but still died on the first fleshpound because I couldnt kill him quickly enough. Not to mention the sirens were attacking me right when they entered the room from the left side.

Maybe Im thinking of the wrong place? Screenshot?

Oh and that forum I set up to help you guys out with testing the maps included screenshots for every mapper to pinpoint the exploits more easilly... I couldve put them up in there for your QA team. Or if you have your own secondary site?

Last edited:
Reactions: Fel
Upvote 0