• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Getting Your Map on the White List

I just noticed that KF-Survival[v2] was removed from whitelist without any post saying about it, why?

also:

Map Name: KF-Offices[BT]
Filename: KF-Offices[BT]
Download: http://www.gamefront.com/files/20367773/KF-Offices%5BBT%5D.rar

Read me Before you get confused of this map said:
ALL CREDITS GOES TO TWI!! & falidell for his awesome trigger pack

[BT] aka Barricade Trader mode
rules are simple

1. there is 3 areas in the map, each one spawns 2 players.
2. around each area barricades aren't welded, you can weld and not unweld them after but there is door you could unweld it.
3. when the wave is over it opens teleporters in each area to the trader to get stuff, but you cant go back until time is over so it auto teleport you back and its gonna switches the players between areas.
4. the only way to team up together for the pat is unwelding around 2 doors from each area.

note: you have to take care about the barricades because they won't respawn when its destoryed
another note: THE RED PATH SMOKE IS A LIE DONT FOLLOW IT!!

its using falidell triggerspack which its whitelisted

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I checked Carden Hill and it had like 2 dead bodies where I accidently left collision on, however BOTH were on areas impossible to defend even by sitting on top of them because sirens, bloats, and husks can still hit you and they spawn right around the corner meaning you have no time to pick them out quickly enough for this to be effective in any way. Especially on higher difficulties, on lower ones like normal you can hold out ANYWHERE anyway.

However I went and fixed the collision since it was a 5 second work anyway...

Map: Carden Hill
Filename: KF-CardenHill-v3a
Download: Click

As for the staircase on StillAlive, I still dont believe its exploitable any more than lets say the upper floor on Foundry, the cave in Manor, the fence gate on West London, the countless rooms on Filths Cross... Dispite already trying it when I was making the map, I tried it AGAIN with cheats on to get all weapons but still died on the first fleshpound because I couldnt kill him quickly enough. Not to mention the sirens were attacking me right when they entered the room from the left side.

Maybe Im thinking of the wrong place? Screenshot?

Oh and that forum I set up to help you guys out with testing the maps included screenshots for every mapper to pinpoint the exploits more easilly... I couldve put them up in there for your QA team. Or if you have your own secondary site?

I actually forgot about your site on the first pass, but I pointed the QA team at it when I had them review their work. A revamp of the last white pass addition will likely go up shortly. This will not include newly submitted maps unless they are a direct change from feedback from the first.

Upvote 0
This is a re-evaluation of the previous whitelist pass with a few additions due to fixed maps. It does not include any "new" submissions. It also has more comprehensive notes on errors.

Here are the changes for this update:

Added:

KF-cardenhillV3 by HateMe
KF-corruption by Swanky
KF-Deadsimple by Fubar!
KF-StillAlive by HateMe
KF-Peak-Mission by S281
KF-CandleSmoke-Revamp by Fel

Unable to add Due To Exploits:

Ammonia - exploit at the start you can go under the planks in the middle and the zeds cant get you but other than that this level is good if that gets fixed this map passes.

bioticslablastlevel - This level did not run well and crashed

defence-b8 - this one doesn't get a pass because there is not enough zed spawns.
ways to make this map better is
1. make it where some zeds can jump over the walls
2. the very top needs a zed spawn over your head because it is to easy to hold up
3. add more stuff in the middle ground level(something like a small city or houses) this would give players a reason to go that far down.

fort - has a scar drop and way too easy

french garden - Exploit because there is only one trader and it is to easy to just hold up right by the trader.
1. if there was more traders and made the players need a reason to move would make this better
2. if it was only going to have the one trader in the middle of the map it needs more zeds comming at you from more than just 2 spots.

horzine-retreat - The testers deemed this too easy
1. not enough zed spawns
2. you can hold up on the bridge and there is spots where zeds could drop on your head but they dont
3. we were able to confuse the zeds because there were no paths to us. so they would keep walking back and forth till you kill them all.

innerfortress - The testers deemed this too easy because
1. not enough zed spawns
2. the zeds got hung up in a lot of places making it to where sometimes you would on have to fight them one at a time
3. get to the highest point and you can hold up with no worrys of anything getting you

ancient-ruins - The testers deemed this too easy because
1. the rooms are to open and the zeds only come from a few spots
2. the NPC player fighting the zeds too

staircase -Great idea with the portals but the stairs are kinda a exploit

wolverine's lair 2500bc - Map did not work

arenawarsV3 - The testers deemed this too easy because
1. the spawn rate has to be brought up a lot because of the size and how open it is

bankV4 - AK drop easy to get to and some of the pictures cant be used

ComunidadArgentina - no because of the drops

defence-b2 - this one doesn't get a pass because there is not enough zed spawns.
ways to make this map better is
1. up the spawn rate
2. make it where some zeds can jump over the walls
3.add more stuff in the middle ground level(something like a small city or houses) this would give players a reason to go that far down.

defence classic - The testers deemed this too easy
1. up the spawn rate
2. make it where some zeds can jump over the walls
3.add more stuff in the middle ground level(something like a small city or houses) this would give players a reason to go that far down.
4. it is to easy to hold up on the highest point and nothing can come behind you

ElfuerteArgentino - The testers deemed this too easy because
1. to many money drops that keep coming back
2. the spawn rate needs to be faster
3. to open

Forgotten warehouse - The testers deemed this too easy because
1. the spawn rate needs to be higher

office22 - The testers deemed this too easy because
1. the ammo crates respon in the forcefield room to quick

crystal lake - You can open the door to where it and the walls keep zeds back if that could get fixed this would be a good level

horzin-warehouse - Clots get stuck on the railing up top but no other zeds do if that gets fixed this level passes.there is no bot paths to you if you stand in the middle of the bridge so they only come from one way. the money drops keep respawning.

block party - The testers deemed this too easy because
1. The beds are a exploit on the head board
2. you can get on the roofs of some of the houses and no one can get you
3. the pools are an exploit because the bots cant path to you
4. some of the fences can be jumped on and leads to other exploit

Tomb of rameses b2 - The testers deemed this too easy because
1. some rooms are too open
2. at the begenning there is a door behind you. you can hold up in there then a door opens up in that room that takes you right to the trader.after you go to the trader right outside the spot that you just teleported to go back to that same place and you can do the samething again and again.
3. the spawn rate needs to be raised
4. there are railings that you can jump on and no one but husk can get you
5. money spawns an higher tier weapons keep respawning

Tomb of rameses V1.2 - The perks are taken away but it is too easy
1. some rooms are too open
2. at the begenning there is a door behind you. you can hold up in there then a door opens up in that room that takes you right to the trader. after you go to the trader right outside the spot that you just teleported to go back to that same place and you can do the samething again and again.
3. the spawn rate needs to be raised
4. there are railings that you can jump on and no one but husk can get you
5. money spawns an higher tier weapons keep respawning

waterCeanal - The testers deemed this too easy because
1.the map is a little to open in a lot of times but if the spawn rate was raised i think that would fix the easy issue with the open

Lostcity - The testers deemed this too easy because
1. there is a lot of things that can be jumped on and only the husk can hit you
2.things on the sides of the buildings dont need to have colision on them because it leads to places that zeds can get to
if those things are fixed this will be able to be whitelisted

If you correct the issues on the maps please re submit them for whitelist testing. There are a few more maps in line for testing, but at the time of this posting they didn't have their final review in yet. I will jump on them as soon as I see them go up.

Reactions: krispyk and Fel
Upvote 0
maps

maps

Still:

Name: KF-Arcade-Disco-V1
Filename: KF-Arcade-Disco-V1.rar
Download-Link 1: http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=54730
Download-Link 2: http://www.gamefront.com/files/20586508/KF-Arcade-Traffic-Jam-v1.rar
Download-Link 3: http://www.moddb.com/games/killing-floor/addons/kf-arcade-disco-v1

Name: KF-Arcade-Traffic-Jam-V1
Filename: KF-Arcade-Traffic-Jam-V1.rar
Download-Link 1: http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=50599
Download-Link 2: http://uploaded.to/file/8wxhik
Download-Link 3: http://www.moddb.com/games/killing-floor/addons/kf-arcade-traffic-jam-v1

Ps: Now you jumped over this maps twice this year yet.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
With drops and the like, what is acceptable and not?, i mean maps like racconcity, the airport thingy has an ak/armor spawn, icebreaker has a katana/handcannon, all easy to get to on wave one and respawn approx once a wave (i think more on raccoon city depending on time)

Having made this map, I can confirm that most pick-ups are set classes.
Although, this is a Story Map. Rather than wave based. So you will always get the same amount of zeds.

Upvote 0