• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Pancake day!

REAL pancakes:
pancakes.jpg

To make them like that... Use ratios 2 cups flour 1 cup milk 2 eggs and very little baking soda...just to make them Poof up.

That must be the American definition of pancakes then, because in Europe they're much thinner. I have accidentely baked thick pancakes a couple of times, and to me they definitely don't taste as good as when they're thin. "Crepes"... never heard of it.

But hey, in America, everything is bigger. Including the people. ;) :D

Oh by the way, while everything is still liquid, throw in a couple of thin strips of bacon and wait until they're a bit crispy. Seriously.

BACON PANCAKES WITH MAPLE SYRUP, ACCEPT NO SUBSTITUTE

Last edited:
Upvote 0
REAL pancakes:
pancakes.jpg

To make them like that... Use ratios 2 cups flour 1 cup milk 2 eggs and very little baking soda...just to make them Poof up.

They are crumpets you impostor!!! :p

I had pancakes (which are a lot flatter and thinner than those) wrapped around pecans and bits of baked apple with maple syrup and sour cream slathered over them. It was teh pwn.

Upvote 0
REAL pancakes:
pancakes.jpg

We have them here too mate but we call them Scotch Pancakes, while the thin ones are what we Brits regard as 'traditional' pancakes I guess.

Meh, I like both although never had a fresh made Scotch pancake only ready made ones.

Upvote 0
Oh, come on guys... American's aren't all fat. I'm certainly not. I don't even think MOST of us are fat. :rolleyes:

I'm starting to think all Europeans are jerks prejudiced asshats. :eek:

Well my last experience of being in the states was at a food fair by the shore of lake Michigan on July 4th so I definitely have some prejudice going on there ;)

And, to me, it seemed more like a lot of the people had this kind of biological timebomb thing going on whereby they were mostly pretty fit up to about 30-35 then exploded into a mountain of lard after that.

apropos of nothing - further Chicago experience: I bought a drink in a bar in Ontario St for this very shaky, strung out looking black guy. He drained the large bourbon in one and said that he felt just about sorted enough by that to go do his job. I asked him what his job was and he said, 'school bus driver' :eek:

I kid you not, but I still, to this day, hope he was kidding me.

Upvote 0