• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Pancake day!

Well my last experience of being in the states was at a food fair by the shore of lake Michigan on July 4th so I definitely have some prejudice going on there ;)

And, to me, it seemed more like a lot of the people had this kind of biological timebomb thing going on whereby they were mostly pretty fit up to about 30-35 then exploded into a mountain of lard after that.

apropos of nothing - further Chicago experience: I bought a drink in a bar in Ontario St for this very shaky, strung out looking black guy. He drained the large bourbon in one and said that he felt just about sorted enough by that to go do his job. I asked him what his job was and he said, 'school bus driver' :eek:

I kid you not, but I still, to this day, hope he was kidding me.

Being from Michigan, and having travelled the US a lot, I can tell you that unfortunately my home state does tend toward the porky side. But then, with the economy in the crapper and not really wanting to go outside during the winter.. well.. It's not hard to find yourself gaining some pounds in those winter months. Like I said, though. I've been around the nation pretty well, and it's really only the Midwest that's that bad.

That guy in Chicago was pulling your leg. I'd be willing to be my life's savings (all $23.50 of it. :p ) that he was a bum (or "homeless" for the more PC amongst us).

Upvote 0
I'm not fat (in fact I'm too thin actually). Been that way my whole life. I've never had a typical monstrous appetite that many Americans have. I've been told that my appetite is more akin (portion wise) to many Europeans and Japanese. What I do eat is mostly healthy stuff that has some actual nutritional benefit for your body (other than "tastes good" that's not a nutrient eh). I do eat bad foods but in moderation. Eat crap almost every single day of your life and what do people expect to happen? Many Americans think the 3 primary food groups are Salt, Sugar and Grease so it's no wonder on our obesity problem. I like pancakes, haven't had them in a long while though.

Upvote 0
Fat people will find it easier to survive World War III, or the ever present threat of Zombocolypse. We use energy way more efficiently than the skinny types. Disgusting fat-bodies FTW11 :p
Lol! That's probably the most positive spin on it. Many overweight people are perfectly content though and it doesn't bother them much since they eat whatever suits their pleasure. Today I had only coffee for breakfast (usually I have a bowl of cereal & maybe some toast or a bagel sometimes) For lunch I had a Wendys "fresceta sandwich" which is probably one of the healthiest fast food items you can get, with a small order of fries (I only ate about half the fries). No soda (I don't drink it anymore). For a drink I have "Cytomax" (kinda like gatoraid) & I'm perfectly content.

Upvote 0
Fat people will find it easier to survive World War III, or the ever present threat of Zombocolypse. We use energy way more efficiently than the skinny types. Disgusting fat-bodies FTW11 :p
How so? When you can only run ten steps from the Chinese rocket soldiers/zombies before keeling over like a beached whale how is that a positive :D

Upvote 0
How so? When you can only run ten steps from the Chinese rocket soldiers/zombies before keeling over like a beached whale how is that a positive :D

The rest of us dowse 'em with kerosene and let them provide us with a distraction and tactical illumination simultaneously.

You're either a rifleman or a cook... or a convienient distraction to let the riflemen do their job. :p

Upvote 0
Well my last experience of being in the states was at a food fair by the shore of lake Michigan on July 4th so I definitely have some prejudice going on there ;)

And, to me, it seemed more like a lot of the people had this kind of biological timebomb thing going on whereby they were mostly pretty fit up to about 30-35 then exploded into a mountain of lard after that.

apropos of nothing - further Chicago experience: I bought a drink in a bar in Ontario St for this very shaky, strung out looking black guy. He drained the large bourbon in one and said that he felt just about sorted enough by that to go do his job. I asked him what his job was and he said, 'school bus driver' :eek:

I kid you not, but I still, to this day, hope he was kidding me.
That sounds like the most scary bus driver ever. More than likely he was just on crack and homeless and he just thought he was a bus driver because he slept in one of the little kiosk (is that the right word? Stand maybe?) things the night before.

In regards to the fat people, that's Chicago, the windy city. The people need something to keep themselves from flying away:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
That sounds like the most scary bus driver ever. More than likely he was just on crack and homeless and he just thought he was a bus driver because he slept in one of the little kiosk (is that the right word? Stand maybe?) things the night before.

In regards to the fat people, that's Chicago, the windy city. The people need something to keep themselves from flying away:rolleyes:

It's just a bus stop shelter.

And bums will tell you whatever they can think of to get money, drugs or booze out of you... if it's money, it's FOR drugs and/or booze. No compunctions against lying, and certainly none about breaking a car window, or slashing the top on your Miata to find out there's really NOTHING worth stealing in the car because I make sure there's nothing of value in it!!!

I really frigging hate bums. Wish there was a hunting season on them.

Upvote 0
With all the extra running from Zombies I'll be doing, I will be down to my fighting weight in no time. :D

All the "muscle men" will start to wither away, while I sock all those precious calories away and store them in my ass and man-bewbs. :p

As for rocket soldiers...meh, I eat Chinese for breakfast. No really... Egg Foo Young is mighty tasty. :)

Upvote 0