• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Shreding of TT and PM pistols in Estonia

There were some 500ish 1911's too.
http://www.mil.ee/~fotek/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=album171&page=1

I don't really see why had they be destroyed, probably solely for political reasons. Selling them to civilian customers would have benefited everyone.

aay.sized.jpg

Upvote 0
Hans_klempner said:
Europeans are not gun addict, crack heads as some people in the states.
SOME people here are crackheads. Not the ones who buy handguns LEGALLY. Gun addiction? I know there's a gun phobia, but never heard of addiction before. There are definitely far worse addictions a person could have (the aforementioned crack, or any other drug including alcohol, gambling, sex, etc. are all worse addictions to have.)

They buy stolen guns, or guns imported from Mexico (usually stolen AND from Mexico.)

Besides, crackheads don't typically buy anything except crack. They're busy selling everything else they have in their posession to buy clothes.

Hans_klempner said:
Plus guns are made to kill, so I guess that the Estonians did not want to "kill", which I truly admire.
Don't make me dig the pictures of guns not designed for killing up again. I'm a gun owner (multiple gun owner actually, and possibly an addict...) who doesn't actually want to kill anybody (though if someone breaks in at 3 AM, they're going to take fire).

Your guess that the Estonians "don't want to kill" is likely off the mark. They just want to look tough on crime, that's the motivation for most of these destructions.

How else can you justify shredding unused/unissued 1911's and TT33's?!

Upvote 0
Hans_klempner said:
Europeans are not gun addict, crack heads as some people in the states.

Plus guns are made to kill, so I guess that the Estonians did not want to "kill", which I truly admire.

Yes, we all know that us Americans are all crack heads trying to kill each other off with automatic weapons, unlike the true "gun free" and "crime free" Utopian Paradise that is Europe. :rolleyes:

Tell me something Hans, Have you ever even been to the United States? Or do you simply just regurgitate whatever the liberal media suffs into your brain? :confused:

I was wondering how long it would take for the Gun Castrated Tree Hugers to turn an otherwise civil discussion into a politcal flame war. Brovo Hans, Im amazed it lasted this long.

From those peace loving, gun-hating Europeans who brought you WWI and WWII. OMG, can you say hypocrit?!? :mad:
What are you anway..Canadian, German or do you change your nationality to support an argument. If you are in fact Canadian, perhaps you would do well to remember all your Canadian Lads that are burried in France before you post such nonsense.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Lizardhands said:
I understand why you gun-collector-types are upset, but I think you care too much.

It really doesn't matter.

Yeah that sounds like something Neverlin Chamberlin said. And don't foreget "Peace in our Time".

People who forget their history are doomed to repeat it. The very game that we are discussing here is a big fat reminder of that.

Upvote 0
Nimsky said:
Yeah, let's be honest here, in the end these things are solely invented to kill people. Sucks for collectors, but the less guns in the world the better.

No, it's not about how many guns there are but who owns them that is important.

Do you want to live in a world where only criminals and questionable government enteties own guns or where law abiding citizens are equally armed?

No question in my mind.

Upvote 0
Some people just love collecting and using guns (in a safe way). It's like how some people like collecting cars. Imagine watching a whole heap load of vintage, perfectly conditioned cars being destroyed because some politician wanted to make a point. That would make a lot of car collectors very unhappy! The opposite side is people could say, "Cars pollute too much. Especially those ineffecient older ones. They just hurt the world!" or "They are just a tool to go places. People die in them and kill other people with them."

Those that don't really care about cars would then sit back to all the reactions and say, "Man, those guys care too much about nothing."

I'd be willing to bet that everyone in this thread has something that they care about deeply that others are completely indifferent to.

Upvote 0
Lizardhands said:
I understand that. I just think people care about trivial things too much. There are more important things to worry about.

I agree, but really the only thing I've seen people do about this is complain on an internet forum. Now if someone went out and took hostages or threatened suicide to stop these crates being destroyed, then that in my eyes would be caring and worrying too much about a hobby.

Upvote 0
Lizardhands said:
WTF? Who said anything about the 2nd Amendment? Are you deliberately trying to start an argument?

And I think I speak for most Europeans when I say that I am sick to death of you lot talking about your "freedoms". Though I would not expect anyone inside the USA to grasp that concept.

My point is that people like you tend to trivialize firearms. Your posts are a perfect example of that. You are completely forgeting how important they were in history and continue to be. Hence my reference to the 2nd Amendment.

Most Europeans are not familiar with it and have lost knowledge of the importance of firearms since they have basically been dissarmed by thier respective Governments.

No argument here. In a way you just made my point for me. Nuff said.
I envy your gunless utopian paradise....not.:rolleyes:

Upvote 0