• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Gamespy Review - 4/5 out of 5!!!

Must of reviewed the game on 3 year old hardware. You know the stuff that actually works with it.

+1. Devs posted that widescreen problems are due to the fact that it was developed on a standard aspect ratio monitor. Who the hell plays an FPS on a standard aspect monitor in 2011? It's as if they developed the game beginning 4 or 5 years ago on then good hardware and then didn't keep up as the standard got higher every year, leaving them scrambling to find bandaids to run the game on 2011 hardware.

Upvote 0
You're nothing if not predictable.

Oh, this will be fun.....

Had Gamespy given the RO2 a 5, you'd be screaming the opposite.

Screaming the opposite of what? It deserves to be around 4.5 - 5.... I could even accept a 4 if they were to include the bug issues, but the bug issues are what took off the 0.5.

And you think somehow I would have gone the opposite direction with my view and started to rage about how they didn't deserve a high score?

What?

Come on, people have been overly harsh on RO2, but no way it should get a 9/10 in it's current state. Geez, a 9/10 is for an earth shattering, unique, revolutionary, smooth running, state of the art game with perfect and easy game play mechanics.

No, something that would meet all of the above would have gotten a 10/10 because there wouldn't be anything to complain about.

RO2 compared to other FPS's is in fact Earth Shattering because it steps away from the typical rambo run & gun crap..... it's also revolutionary, not just like RO1 & the mod was revolutionary, but also because it adds even more than what RO1/Mod did and improved upon what made them unique.

You've destroyed any credibility you may arguably have had by gung-ho'ing a pie-in-the-sky 9/10, just as have those calling it a 4!

That's ok, you destroyed any credibility by being so damn butthurt.

You can't even refute a single thing I said about Gamespy's status & knowledge in the gamining industry, you can't refute that Tripwire is now getting right up there with EA and Activision and could even surpass their FPS games...... you can't even handle someone telling Tripwire "hey, good job, you guys worked hard."

All you can do is come in here, complain, moan and finger wag at everybody who actually has something positive to say.

Cripes, I imagine this was supposed to be a positive thread/topic for a change and then you had to come in here and act like someone pooped in your cornflakes.

Get over it.

Upvote 0
You can't be serious with this comment, grading a game on it's potential?.

I like the game BUT that review score is wrong, you grade a game on what it is at the time and after it's been fixed you can adjust the review score to match.

Like the reviewer said, it is Tripwire. If this was their first effort, then you have point, but if ump calls STRIKE when it's a little low and inside then you know you're in the big league. Roger Clemens would get that call; Joe Schmuck won't.

Upvote 0