• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Gamespy Review - 4/5 out of 5!!!

[TW]Ramm-Jaeger

Tripwire Interactive President
Oct 11, 2005
www.redorchestragame.com
The first major review for Red Orchestra 2 is up. This review comes from Gamespy and gives the game a 4.5/5 (which is 90%). My favorite quote:

Forget Battlefield 3 and Modern Warfare 3; when it comes to innovation in the FPS genre Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad is without peer.

http://www.gamespy.com/

Even through all the Bugs, you can tell a game that was hard worked on is beneath that. Immersion and the gunplay make the game worthwhile to me. Also, I'm glad that TWI put bayonets in for us to stab people with. My hats off to you, Ramm. You and everyone else at TWI. Good show. (Which is cool, cause I NEVER EVER wear hats. I took the time to put one on an everything.)

Upvote 0
Even through all the Bugs, you can tell a game that was hard worked on is beneath that.

The issue is mostly that if people cannot play the game at somewhat pleasing stable performance, and a control setup to their liking. Then a lot will stop there, and not look further to what's beyond there. There really is a great game underneath, the question is will TWI be able to turn the ore into gold on time.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
4 out of 5 is being a bit too nice. Right now the way it is 3 out of 5 tops...

Mind you, game review numbers are usually final. Where as the development of a game after release does not have to be.

That's why a game should be graded with the potential that it will most likely achieve in mind.

And gamespy did that, a wonderful applause to them as they've written a review that probably isn't bought off.

Upvote 0
...brings to the shooter table a massive assortment of gameplay mechanics that even Battlefield 3 won't match. Is it any surprise then that a shooter aiming to include so many different features could have used another month or two in the development oven?

This is very good point, and I think people need to remember that not only is TW small and "indie" but they made a game that is mechanically more complex than most FPS games any of us have played.

Upvote 0
That's why a game should be graded with the potential that it will most likely achieve in mind.

And gamespy did that, a wonderful applause to them as they've written a review that probably isn't bought off.
You can't be serious with this comment, grading a game on it's potential?.

I like the game BUT that review score is wrong, you grade a game on what it is at the time and after it's been fixed you can adjust the review score to match.

Reactions: Somewhat Vague
Upvote 0
The reviewer knows what he's talking about, I'd especially like to point to this part:

To be blunt, at launch this game has more bugs than a Stalingrad defender's bed roll. Performance varies massively between similar system specs, and a server bug sees pings occasionally reaching stratospheric heights. Every now and then a tank will don a cloak of invisibility, and the server browser is only slight less painful than being shot in the groin. The list goes on and on, but I have the utmost faith that most will be remedied in the coming weeks. If it was a Codemasters game I'd be worried, but Tripwire Interactive has built an excellent reputation for post launch support.

The last sentence is exactly why I'm not worried. I have played the game very little after launch, since there are many bugs and performance issues. I'll gladly wait for TWI to fix it up a bit, since I know it will be well worth it.

Upvote 0
4 out of 5 is being a bit too nice. Right now the way it is 3 out of 5 tops...

That's why Gamespy didn't ask you or anybody else to tell them how judge.

Gamespy has been covering RO probably since the begining, hell they're known by everybody who plays PC games to some deecent extent.... hell they cover just about everything that has any relation to a "game" thus if I was going to listen to any game review, It'd be theirs over any chatter-opinions from people who pop out of nowhere posting no-name game review sites that note a zero out of 10.

Whoopty do for your review mr. web site... who the hell are you & why do I care what you think?

Good on you Trippy'W, keep rattling the cages & scare the crap out of EA & Activision...... they've been around fo as long as I've been alive, or close to. They've been in the gaming world since the Atari & C64's were still in their prime.

And here you guys are.... not only are you guys & your hard work being mentioned in the same breath as these giants in the industry...... but the industry itself is begining to push you guys beyond their products, their champions in the FPS arena...bf & cod..... and the industry will place you among other giants in the industry soon enough if this pace keeps up.

Take a breath and suck in the moment. You guys earned it.....

Ok, time's up, now get back to those patches and don't screw everything up by going Elvis on us with the fame & money.... going all fat, drugged up and have a heart attack while taking a dump.... you're playing with the big boys now.... this ain't no suzie'joe's lady's pic'nic anymore.... you're no longer in relaxed realism! You're all in the s**t now.... MOVE MOVE MOVE!!!

j/k, just kidding, don't ban me bro;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0