• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

more sub machine guns for medic

healing is boring. i got my medic perk lvl 5 (without playing this perk a lot)
but with only one weapon, you can got money esier. so when i want some fun, i buy some other perk weapons.

medic is pretty much a self leveling perk because on more then 1 occasion your forced to use a medic needle shot on a team mate which is the default medic tool

Upvote 0
like i said illl leave this open for debate you guys can figure it out although the other smgs could be balanced out so they do more damage and heal less or heal more and do less damage the medic gun could be bumped up to a tier 3 weapon and then thered be 2 new lesser smgs with healing abilitys for tier 1 and 2 tier 1 has a greater healing effectiveness then the other 2 but lacks in fire power tier 2 has greater firepower then both but has less effective healing and of course the medic gun would be balanced for both so lets say you prefer to heal more then attack your get more medic points but poor kill count but if you prefer to attack more then heal your get less medic points and a better kill count for tier 2 and of course theres the medic gun for if you prefer neither so theres a certain balance between them thats how i would do it but honestly its up to TWI to balance that stuff out not me as for which ones thats up to you guys

By the way, there is a key called "Shift" on a keyboard, pressing which you can capitalize first letter in the sentence. And if you'll look more carefully on your keyboard, you can see some additional keys to put punctuation signs in the text.

Upvote 0
I disagree with what some of you are saying. In my opinion medics should heal, block, and shoot, but most of the time you arent doing healing full time, and you can only block so much, so instead you should be shooting right? On suicidal and above medics have to do their share of killing.

Which brings us into new smgs.
We could, for example, have a smg which has a longer recharge but is more powerful.(Powerfull can mean more ammo, more damage, faster ROF,better accuracy)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I disagree with what some of you are saying. In my opinion medics should heal, block, and shoot, but most of the time you arent doing healing full time, and you can only block so much, so instead you should be shooting right? On suicidal and above medics have to do their share of killing.

Which brings us into new smgs.
We could, for example, have a smg which has a longer recharge but is more powerful.(Powerfull can mean more ammo, more damage, faster ROF,better accuracy)

I find that the LAR is just fine for getting kills. If the rounds aren't very rough, you can get in 30 or 40 kills a wave easy on HoE with the LAR. I agree that medics should shoot more. There are so many medics that I see on the scoreboard after going 10 rounds only getting like 20 kills. You'd also see the random medic shooting magazine after magazine of MP7M and getting maybe one kill every time. You can solve that through a new medic gun, or you could just tell every medic that hey, LAR's really, really, really, really, really good. Use it.

Medic's my favorite class simply because I get to use an unperked LAR, and usually get 200+ kills a game with it. New weapon's not necessary with that thing around.

Reactions: the 1st wasted
Upvote 0
-snip-

on mine the medic gets lots of things, a medic scar, medic ppsh, medic mg34, medic shotgun (not the one released by that one guy, it shoots shotgun bullets that heal), medic m79, and so on. i'm thinking about adding a medic tommy gun or medic sten.

"By that one guy"?!?

*Goes off in a huff.*

:D I'm kidding, yeah, tbh, I think that 'vanilla' KF doesn't have a huge room for new stuff with starting to change it's core feel. Look how much it changed with the implementation of the teir 3 weapons (for younger members try playing the game without items like the katana, law, aa12, scar, mp7, m14, mac10 or demo)

Jump onto the modded servers to get a feel for some new weapons. WPC, KFL etc.

Also someone mentioned it but Ivan and Jack Carver have a white listed weapon pack with a nice medi gun in it.

The thing is this.
If they give the Medic better weapons, then more than likely people playing Medic will spend more time and attention on killing instead of healing.
I used to think that but I don't' believe it to be the case any more. Those that go medic to play as medic will heal. Those that don't heal just want the perk survivability.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
lol, sorry about that, i couldnt remember who made that medic shotgun.

the ppl who used it when we do the "special" zeds didnt use it again due to its... weaknesses, which in normal kf its perfectly fine and balanced, we just need more oomph when ppl's health goes away like farts in the wind.

mostly i'm just trying to show these guys who keep suggesting stuff that maybe it already exists, and they have to go beyond the normal kf servers to play with those weapons/zeds/perks/bobloblaw.

Upvote 0
That's about all I got from that. Explain WHY exactly medic deserves more guns, don't go off on some tangent completely unrelated to the thread.

yes we all know you dont like these ideas, and we all know the TWI will never give any more stuff to medic.

so now let's just focus on what the modders can make for the medic, to use on chocolate (non-vanilla) servers.

anyways, here's a nice list of guns on a server somewhere:

Code:
WeaponForSale=CommieGuns.M60E
WeaponForSale=CommieGuns.M4
WeaponForSale=CommieGuns.M4RedDot
WeaponForSale=CommieGuns.PRCtype76
WeaponForSale=CommieGuns.PRCtype05
WeaponForSale=CommieGuns.RPK
WeaponForSale=CommieGuns.AN94
WeaponForSale=CommieGuns.AeK99
WeaponForSale=CommieGuns.Galil
WeaponForSale=CommieGuns.MedVed
WeaponForSale=CommieGuns.PK
WeaponForSale=CommieGuns.WebleyFosbery
WeaponForSale=CommieGuns.Stgw57
WeaponForSale=CommieGuns.Bizon9mm
WeaponForSale=CommieGuns.Thompson
WeaponForSale=CommieGunsColtArmGun
WeaponForSale=CommieGuns.ColtScamp
WeaponForSale=

yes, we'll never see them released by twi, but so what?
it doesnt affect those who want to play regular kf and dont want anything more.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
yes we all know you dont like these ideas, and we all know the TWI will never give any more stuff to medic.

so now let's just focus on what the modders can make for the medic, to use on chocolate (non-vanilla) servers.

anyways, here's a nice list of guns on a server somewhere:

Code:
WeaponForSale=CommieGuns.M60E
WeaponForSale=CommieGuns.M4
WeaponForSale=CommieGuns.M4RedDot
WeaponForSale=CommieGuns.PRCtype76
WeaponForSale=CommieGuns.PRCtype05
WeaponForSale=CommieGuns.RPK
WeaponForSale=CommieGuns.AN94
WeaponForSale=CommieGuns.AeK99
WeaponForSale=CommieGuns.Galil
WeaponForSale=CommieGuns.MedVed
WeaponForSale=CommieGuns.PK
WeaponForSale=CommieGuns.WebleyFosbery
WeaponForSale=CommieGuns.Stgw57
WeaponForSale=CommieGuns.Bizon9mm
WeaponForSale=CommieGuns.Thompson
WeaponForSale=CommieGunsColtArmGun
WeaponForSale=CommieGuns.ColtScamp
WeaponForSale=

yes, we'll never see them released by twi, but so what?
it doesnt affect those who want to play regular kf and dont want anything more.

My god AN94? Where or how can i get my hands on one of these?
Whats the server? Is it in a pack?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
That's about all I got from that. Explain WHY exactly medic deserves more guns, don't go off on some tangent completely unrelated to the thread.

Explain why medics don't deserve more guns. Keep in mind the "This is what I say medics are supposed to be, so you cant have this because I say no" thing you love to use on these forums is getting a bit stale.

EDIT: I did explain why I think medics could use more weapons. Instead of attempting to incite rage, next time read the post you are mocking so you can form an intelligent rebuttal.

As to your unnesecary attitude, I've replied to it before. No need to repeat myself, so I'll just copy paste from another thread:

You make nice assumptions, but not any convincing arguments. I also never *****ed and moaned about anything.

My opinion. Just because you like yours more doesn't mean yours is right and mine is wrong.

Keep being a snarky forum nazi and trampling on other people's posts just because you don't agree with them. I'm sure it'll take you far.

That's a cool signature by the way. It says a lot about your personality.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
dont bait him man, let's just keep pumping out ideas for what the medic can get, and maybe a modder will make them.

here's some guns i made:
coltscamprender2.jpg

coltArmGun3.jpg

should the medic get one?

Upvote 0
dont bait him man, let's just keep pumping out ideas for what the medic can get, and maybe a modder will make them.

should the medic get one?

The top one doesn't fit what I had in mind, the bottom one has promise. Very cool modeling overall.

I like the idea of a beretta cx4 storm. A single shot pistol caliber carbine rifle.

I think it could balance out the mp7. The mp7 can be the bullet hose for emergencies, while the single shot carbine could be used for accurate headshots (with perk bonuses to make it more attractive than the LAR, handcannon, or ak-47 of course).

Admittedly, I imagine its operation to be very similar to the m7a3 jack carver rifle (only single shot). I feel the m7a3 is a bit too powerful, however. If they nerfed the damage of the m7a3 and/or made it single shot, I'd take in place of this suggestion.

Reactions: Aze
Upvote 0
Explain why medics don't deserve more guns. Keep in mind the "This is what I say medics are supposed to be, so you cant have this because I say no" thing you love to use on these forums is getting a bit stale.

EDIT: I did explain why I think medics could use more weapons. Instead of attempting to incite rage, next time read the post you are mocking so you can form an intelligent rebuttal.

As to your unnesecary attitude, I've replied to it before. No need to repeat myself, so I'll just copy paste from another thread:

I must have been reading someone else's post then.

So, to restate what I already posted:

I like to think there are (as one possible means of categorization) three types of perks/classes: those that specialize in simple damage output (support, sharpshooter, demo), those that specialize in survivability (medic, berserker), and those that are a mix of the two (torch, commando).

Now the medic has incredible survivability. He has armor made from what must be reinforced diamond, a super syringe, and speed with all weapons that rival that of the berserk, plus that nifty little MP7 in case anything does manage to catch up to him.

Now those are some incredible abilities, and in addition to that he (with MP7) can carry and effectively use any weapon except the LAW. This means that the med can moonlight as nearly every perk. Here are just a few examples that any competent medic can easily survive with (spoilered for your convenience)
Spoiler!

that's just a small %, yet much larger than the # of possible weapon combos for any other class. The only weakness the med has with a perk loadout vs. the actual perk with the same loadout is the absence of dmg & penetration/mag size bonuses. That is more or less the medic's only weakness. So by adding more weapons made specifically for the weapon you're eliminating his only weakness. If TWI were to add a full suite of medic weapons then suddenly the good doctor could do nearly as much (maybe even more) damage than (m)any of the other classes. This is in addition to the aft explained survivability. You'd have to start worshiping your good doctor, because he would be GOD.

tl;dr every class has a weakness and giving med more weapons would eliminate his weakness.

If you have any good counter-arguments I would truly, honestly LOVE to hear them.

Upvote 0
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=49365

My input.
Snazzy mod too.

You CAN shoot. You don't need new guns, just for making Medic's job easier; it's already easy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Yes you must have been reading someone elses post. Because you are still completely ignoring everything I've typed.

I'm not replying with a rebuttal because I would just be repeating myself.

You see "Give medics weapons for x reason", but are thinking "Hey guys, I want the medic to have high damage perk weapons that are on par with all the other perks".

Last edited:
Upvote 0