• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

more sub machine guns for medic

Yes you must have been reading someone elses post. Because you are still completely ignoring everything I've typed.

I'm not replying with a rebuttal because I would just be repeating myself.

You see "Give medics weapons for x reason", but are thinking "Hey guys, I want the medic to have high damage perk weapons that are on par with all the other perks".

Ok then. All the "medic weapons" are essentially some other gun already in the game with a syringe duct taped on it. You can give the medic cool toys without having to attach them to a waste of valuable inventory space. Like that Serbu Super Shorty that would squirt out a cloud of healing gas? That could just as easily be a reskinned can of spray paint that does the exact same thing.

Let me give you an example of a GOOD medic toy: http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=53607

It reinforces the medic's strengths without compromising his weaknesses, serves as a foil to gameplay and adds to the possible depth of strategy. Please do more like this.

Of course if past experience is any indicator of future result you'll just ignore all my points because I don't agree with you and then hide behind your shield of downvoting so that you can dismiss my opinion as invalid.

Edit:
But don't tell me I'm wrong because my ideas don't fit your self imposed rules for the perks.
Tell me where I said that your ideas/opinions are wrong because I honestly don't know wtf you're speaking of.
critical=/=hostile
Please don't assume one is interchangeable with the other.

As a sidenote let lightning strike me down right now if the intention of any of my points is flamebait.

Last edited:
Reactions: noupperlobeman
Upvote 0
ok let me ask you guys this if a team isnt supporting each other and their medic is being ganged up on by a horde of zeds how is he gonna defend him self against overwhelming zeds with just a mp7 when he wants to heal his team mates too

If the difficulty's hard or lower, the medic can really easily solo everything in the game with the axe/LAR/mp7m combo anyway. If the difficulty's higher and the team isn't supporting each other, you guys are dead even if the medic has a decent weapon. axe/LAR/mp7m can still take on everything aside from a scrake. Then the medic should just let the sharpshooter that isn't helping die drop his crossbow or have the support drop his aa12 or hunting and then you can potentially take on scrakes without taking damage too.

Upvote 0
Ok then. All the "medic weapons" are essentially some other gun already in the game with a syringe duct taped on it. You can give the medic cool toys without having to attach them to a waste of valuable inventory space. Like that Serbu Super Shorty that would squirt out a cloud of healing gas? That could just as easily be a reskinned can of spray paint that does the exact same thing.

Let me give you an example of a GOOD medic toy: http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=53607

It reinforces the medic's strengths without compromising his weaknesses, serves as a foil to gameplay and adds to the possible depth of strategy. Please do more like this.

Of course if past experience is any indicator of future result you'll just ignore all my points because I don't agree with you and then hide behind your shield of downvoting so that you can dismiss my opinion as invalid.

I like the blood vial idea. It's a nice compromise. I'd be willing to forgo the weapons idea for a few class utilities like this. As it stands, I feel the medic isn't useful enough to warrant gimping your teams damage output. If we had some neat little gadgets like this it would be great. But we don't yet.

Underlined: Pot calling the kettle black. I've also never dismissed anyone opinion. On any forum I am at the forefront of defending people for having their own opinions. You're the one that is very quick to dismiss certain ideas for the medic because you feel they don't fit into your idea about how the medic works. You don't like my suggestions? That's fine. But don't tell me I'm wrong because my ideas don't fit your self imposed rules for the perks.

EDIT: I don't downvote you because you disagree with me. I downvote you for the manner in which you disagree with me. Your initial posts are highly trollish and unnecessarily hostile , but when someone doesn't respond to you in anger you start replying like a normal person again.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
There was a thread about that. Search before you post.

Also, just wait till IJC weapon pack gets new whitelisted version, there's a very cool medic rifle.

Yes, it does. It costs 15000 pounds, though. And it's horribly weak, inaccurate, has tons of recoil, and medic gets NO discount on it, which is probably a bug.

Upvote 0
holy crap this is still here what a shocker :eek:

Uhh... is this a necro? :confused:

Anyways, I'd be happy to see a couple new guns for the medic, but they'd have to be somewhat different in functionality, NOT an upscaling in terms of damage per second. I forget what it was, but I put up a suggestion concerning this sometime way back when. Like if the Mp7 (lets pretend) does 100 damage per full second of firing, and it fires 10 shots. We can have another gun that does 5 shots in a full second, but it MUST do 100 damage in that second, no more, no less. The old gun has 10 damage per shot, to make a 100 with 10 shots in one second, so the new gun will make 5 shots in one second, with 20 damage per shot to make 100 total.

If I could choose medic guns, I'd pick the Sterling SMG and the Bizon. Sterling coming first, of course. How many games is that even in? The same could be said for the Bizon, but lets not forget where KF is set.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Uhh... is this a necro? :confused:

Anyways, I'd be happy to see a couple new guns for the medic, but they'd have to be somewhat different in functionality, NOT an upscaling in terms of damage per second. I forget what it was, but I put up a suggestion concerning this sometime way back when. Like if the Mp7 (lets pretend) does 100 damage per full second of firing, and it fires 10 shots. We can have another gun that does 5 shots in a full second, but it MUST do 100 damage in that second, no more, no less. The old gun has 10 damage per shot, to make a 100 with 10 shots in one second, so the new gun will make 5 shots in one second, with 20 damage per shot to make 100 total.

If I could choose medic guns, I'd pick the Sterling SMG and the Bizon. Sterling coming first, of course. How many games is that even in? The same could be said for the Bizon, but lets not forget where KF is set.

The Bizon is hands-down my favourite SMG.

Though, the 9x18mm or the 9x19mm one?

Upvote 0
i always kinda wondered about the bizon, like since its blowback, why does it have a full bolt carrier like the ak74?

i love helical mags though, i had a calico m100 (22cal, 100rnd mag) and it was so much fun to shoot forever between reloads.

It's based on the AKS74, and IIRC has a 70% parts commonality with it.

The blowback works like a normal blowback would, however regular ammo doesn't blow it back completely, just enough to cycle. This serves to reduce recoil felt by the user. Only +P+ ammo blows the bolt back fully.

So it's a 9x18mm or 9x19mm SMG fed from a 64 or 53 round helical magazine, respecively, that has low recoil and a small, low-profile design. It's familiar to the Russian soldiers since it's based on the tried and trusted AK design; and it's designed by Victor Kalashnikov! :D

Upvote 0
...If I could choose medic guns, I'd pick the Sterling SMG and the Bizon. Sterling coming first, of course. How many games is that even in? The same could be said for the Bizon, but lets not forget where KF is set.

I imagine there must be others, but the only game I'm aware of that features the Bizon is S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Shadow of Chernobyl. And, only in the mods for that game. Like most of the firearms in the S.T.A.L.K.E.R-series, it's a left-handed variant; the right-handed protagonist is, nonetheless, amazingly adept with these southpaw shooters.

You may just be able to discern the remaining ammunition indicators on the magazine. (This shot is cropped from a mag-change in progress.) This is a 9x18mm jammie, firing either standard FMJ or +P. It's quite a lot of fun to use. I'd love to discover it somewhere in KF. But, no, I don't really expect to. I like C_Gibby's taste in SMGs; the Sterling would be a nice addition, too. (In my dreams.)

Attachments

• SSOC-Bizon.jpg
    SSOC-Bizon.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
well, i'm left handed and i do alright with right handed weapons (considering i have yet to find an affordable left handed variant of ANY gun)
i'll release my weapons pack when i'm done with it (it has a bizon in it, among other "odd" weapons, like the webley fosbery, prctype76/type05, colt scamp, aek99, etc.)
i accidently leaked the kfcustomshop list with the guns in it when i was doing my ww2 mg ports.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
well, i'm left handed and i do alright with right handed weapons (considering i have yet to find an affordable left handed variant of ANY gun)
i'll release my weapons pack when i'm done with it (it has a bizon in it, among other "odd" weapons, like the webley fosbery, prctype76/type05, colt scamp, aek99, etc.)
i accidently leaked the kfcustomshop list with the guns in it when i was doing my ww2 mg ports.

Left-handed as well? I guess you'd like the P90 and F2000 then.

Upvote 0
I imagine there must be others, but the only game I'm aware of that features the Bizon is S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Shadow of Chernobyl. And, only in the mods for that game. Like most of the firearms in the S.T.A.L.K.E.R-series, it's a left-handed variant; the right-handed protagonist is, nonetheless, amazingly adept with these southpaw shooters.
Is that LURK?

Upvote 0
Is that LURK?

The LURK mod is one I haven't yet tried, perhaps the only one. It would seem I'm a STALKER addict; I've bought the game several times and I'm running different mods, (Complete, Re-balanced, Oblivion Lost, etc.) simultaneously across several platforms. The screenshot is from the somewhat flawed (Lieutenant) Priboi Story mod. The enormous variety of firearms and their increased lethality, along with what I feel is among the best firearms-related audio in gaming is what keeps this otherwise problematic mod on the drive. The non-vanilla behavior patterns of the enemy AI help, too. This mod has some significant issues, but the gunfights generally make up for them.

Just to keep this reply remotely on-topic, there are a myriad of SMGs and machine-pistols available, including KF's (sorta-kinda) MAC-10 and MP-7A3, along with things like the Kriss Super-V, PPsh-41, SR-3 Vikhr, MP-5K, OTS-33 and the infamous KG-9. (TEC-9.)

I'll have to give LURK a try.

Upvote 0
Just to keep this reply remotely on-topic, there are a myriad of SMGs and machine-pistols available, including KF's (sorta-kinda) MAC-10 and MP-7A3, along with things like the Kriss Super-V, PPsh-41, SR-3 Vikhr, MP-5K, OTS-33 and the infamous KG-9. (TEC-9.)

I'll have to give LURK a try.

kriss super v would be a perfect sub machine gun for medic or the p90

Upvote 0