• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor to Xbox360

OZONO

Apr 30, 2011
Well, the matter is that as a good fan of Killing floor and consoles, I would have liked and they made a killing floor for XBOX360/PS3 because although they have many good zombie games on these consoles, none compare to the Killing floor :cool:.

Also, the xbox community is quite large, I think there will be many followers of KF for XBOX if someday make a port to achieve the latter.

Greetings

P.S: I'm from chile and my English is not very good xD

PS: At least, if they take a KF2 would be good to consider making a port for consoles too :D.

Well, the matter is that as a good fan of Killing floor and consoles, I would have liked and they made a killing floor for XBOX360/PS3 because although they have many good zombie games on these consoles, none compare to the Killing floor :cool:.

Also, the xbox community is quite large, I think there will be many followers of KF for XBOX if someday make a port to achieve the latter.

Greetings

P.S: I'm from chile and my English is not very good xD

PS: At least, if they take a KF2 would be good to consider making a port for consoles too :D.

Unreal 2.5 for the console is hard work - Unreal 3 is much easier :)

Upvote 0
I would be against this actually since the best thing about KF is that it has a ton of mods.

You can't have mods on the 360 and you can't add new content. Look at TF2 for the 360, it sucks. It gets 1 update per year.

Plus TWI would be wasting time and resources porting it to the 360. You have to actually port it, then spend months debugging the thing. They are a group of 20 guys too.

All in all it's a bad idea.

Upvote 0
It'de be nice if it ever was ported if there was the ability to play with Xbox users and PC users.

That said, you'de need to be remarkably good at console FPS to be anywhere decent compared to an average skilled person on PC.

Anyways, the difficulty is too high for unresponsive console controls so the game would need to be watered down in difficulty. If anyone was to hop over to PC they'de probably be bad because it'de be harder then they're used too.

All in all, it'de introduce alot of casuals.

/rant

Not a whole lotta thought put into it but yeah.

Upvote 0
It'de be nice if it ever was ported if there was the ability to play with Xbox users and PC users.

That said, you'de need to be remarkably good at console FPS to be anywhere decent compared to an average skilled person on PC.

Anyways, the difficulty is too high for unresponsive console controls so the game would need to be watered down in difficulty. If anyone was to hop over to PC they'de probably be bad because it'de be harder then they're used too.

All in all, it'de introduce alot of casuals.

/rant

Not a whole lotta thought put into it but yeah.

By "remarkably good at console FPS" do you mean "remarkably good at quickscoping via abuse of autoaim"?

Killing Floor is a game of skill. Console shooters aren't.
I don't see how KF and console shooters can intermix without dumbing down/casualising KF.

Not to mention the lack of modding.

If there was a way to get Xbox 360 and PC players to co-exist in the same version of KF; then 360 players would be at a disadvantage since consoles suck at FPS games; they're quite difficult if you turn off aimbotting.

Upvote 0
tl;dr The two consumer bases of PC and consoles are vastly different from one another, what sells KF to PC players will not sell KF to the console player.

I personally can't see TWI making the jump from PCs to consoles unless they were to invest a LOT of money in expanding the team with only a small chance of a return from the console market. Lets not also forget the licencing fees etc.

While the console market is huge and so is it's consumer base. Not that many are going to be interested in the type of game that TWI is developing. If you step away from the sales figures for a minute, they've been inflated by sales etc, how many people continue playing KF after purchase? 50%? Not even that I think, it'll be closer to 20%. Now also consider how vastly different the console market is to the PC market.

Also, another reason it'll never work on a console, and that is lag. With no dedicated servers it'd be crazy trying to play KF MP.

Upvote 0
Lol, lag would be difficult... Sometimes it's bad enoguh on the PC! :D

Anyway, I see why someone would want to make the game available on console, but the amount of work would be huge... and so late in the games life. Even for Killing FLoor 2 though, I don't know that it would work entirely.

This is because of those moments where there is two FleshPounds blocking a Siren and advancing on you, but at the same time being attacked from behind by a mob of Gorefasts. In cases like this, you need the responsive presicion of a mouse; analogue sticks just can't cope with what Killing Floor demands. However, some games allow a mouse and keyboard on consoles so in this case, this arguement would be invalid. At that point it simply comes down to cost and time. :(

Reactions: Gartley and Murphy
Upvote 0
Bloody Killing Floor on a console? HECK NO!
A Xbox? Oh heck no indeed.

First of all, a FPS rarely turns out good in a console. BLACK (PS2) being the obvious exception.
Second of all, Microsoft in general is terrible (besides their Operatin Systems, excluding Vista).
Third of all, the X360 is the worst console since the Virtual Boy that gave you severe eye damage. The X360 is completly terrible, there is nothing good about it. Not one. Microsoft used cheap versions of Sony's PS console components to build them.
Forth of all, the XBox community is the worst on the face of the planet and most likely will be the worst until the Sun goes Supernova and blow us all to ashes. XBox Live is terrible. It's only good if you want to play with wigger 12 year old Americans with no brain.
Fifth of all, KF has a huuuuuuuuuuge community with it that makes mutators, no way a console can handle that much file size and also file distribuition.

PS : And pls, no KF2 console ports, it would ruin the game, like Crysis 2 and STALKER 2. TWI is a PC-only developer to I think.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i think you are being a little dramatic and exaggerative...

This.

It isn't the 'worst' console, even out of the new gens.

That said, I don't own one nor plan on buying one and I can clearly see that you are using a logical falacy to fuel your entire argument: Argument against the man.

You're hating the X-box because of the users, who are generally casual. The system its self is fine although I really dislike how Microsoft exploit their consumers. Again, argument against the man if you're hating an xbox because of reasons beyond its capabilities.

Looks like some one's eather trolling or buttsausage feelings hurt mad raged.

P.S: The additional image and the personal attack just makes you look more immature, rather then boosting your prestiege amongst forum members, even if they agree with you. Don't go for personal attacks, that's not how to win a debate, let alone represent an idea.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Seriously, TWI should give consoles a miss. When you start porting your stuff to other mediums it goes downhill. Stick to PCs.
Sure - but WHY?!

Why can't people create a game for PC - then create console-specific versions that play to the best of each device? Rhetorical question, of course - the view that it costs too much and takes... what is that word? Oh yes - "effort".

Well, we aren't afraid of "effort". As, when and if we do a console game - it will be a GOOD console game.

After all - we are Tripwire :)

Upvote 0
Why can't people create a game for PC - then create console-specific versions that play to the best of each device? Rhetorical question, of course - the view that it costs too much and takes... what is that word? Oh yes - "effort".

But... I thought that making console games was all about making the most money from the least effort possible...

Upvote 0
Sure - but WHY?!

Because of the reasons I've given. Some games have a different feel and, regardless of your 'effort' (which I don't for a minute doubt) will steel feel and play inherently different and/or better on a PC than on a console, and vice versa. It depends on the genre and whatnot, obviously.

Ergo, whilst I play more 'serious' FPS' such as RO on the PC, I would never dream of buying a CoD game on it, whereas I play and enjoy them for what they are on my 360. You could say the difference was purely psychological, but I would disagree with that.

Whilst you're more than welcome (and may even profit from it) to try and expand into the console market, I wouldn't recommend it, and IMO it will simply result in the inevitable 'selling out' negativity which has graces other devs over the years.

People love and respect TWI for their love and craft of superior, quality-focused PC titles - hitting the console market will serve only to diminish this reputation. I'm sure you'd do some sort of market research prior to a big move like that, but as a fan and a customer I'm suggesting you stay out of it.

:IS2:

Upvote 0