• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Your Recommended Weapons For Medic

Yeah, but on which difficulties is it worth the dosh (over giving it to needy teammates)? I remember one game of suicidal mountainpass where the medic kept enraging stuff with his bow instead of actually healing people, and killed one of our actual SS by hiding behind him from an enraged scrake, and used enough dosh to supply half our team...and ever since then Ive been very wary of xbowing medics

Yeah, this is my experience too. Post HOE xbow medics seem to do more harm than good for the team. They seem to always take scrakes out of stun and simply irritate fleshpounds without doing any real damage.

I personally think the hunting shotgun is the way to go. It can clear small zeds off your teammates like a grenade launcher could, and you can use it point blank when meat shielding a fleshpound or scrake, which is something you can't do all that well with a grenade launcher. The only real drawback is that it's expensive, but not really much more so than many of the other weapons you could take.

Upvote 0
My problem with the hunting shotty is that it weighs 10 blocks. I usually want to take the mp7 as well, so right there I'm full (well, machete but still :p). Now hunting shotty and mp7 are usually enough, but the problem is they both have long reloads that you can't interrupt. If I take an m79 I can at least carry a katana, axe, handcannon(s), etc. As medic I like to be able to heal on call, and it seems that my team is always needing me most when I'm reloading. :(

There are two instances when I like the xbow as a medic. One is when I'm with a team of kiting zerkers, so I can take out husks and sirens for them. This is only if I can rely on one to watch my back, though, or else I go katana/mp7/m79 (katana for personal protection, m79 for "dead ends", or when they get surrounded). The other is when I'm camping a spot with a team entirely of supports and demos. I recall playing a hoe game on offices with 4 supports and 1 demo, camping the usual spot. Husks were firing away at us from outside so I grab an xbow and take them out while my team destroys everything else. Smoothest hoe game I've ever played.

Otherwise, it runs into the same problems as the hunting shotty. ;)

Upvote 0
-All grenade launchers. No damage resistance means you can ruin your armor in a hurry.

I disagree partially. Yes, you will ruin your armour, but the demo does it too, and worse since his damage increase outstrips his resistance increase by a significant margin. I know the point is to not ruin your beautiful medic-armour, which is admirable, but if you learn to be careful by playing demo, there's no reason you can't be just as careful as a medic. The M32/79 are both great crowd-control weapons. Do avoid them if you don't know how to use them though.

Most of the rest are good. Handcannons, AK-47s, and Bullpups are particularly good for a medic.

I agree partially. After a few medic levels, the clip and damage potential of the MP7 is comparable to that of a low-level commando, which is quite acceptable for a medic, whose main tasks should be 1) healing and 2) clearing trash/defending themselves. This makes the Bullpup somewhat redundant (not necessarily a bad thing). The AK47 and SCAR are both fair game if you can handle the recoil, however. Handcannon(s) are also excellent for both damage and penetration. Single for accuracy, dual for power at close range.

-Crossbow. Post-nerf, it doesn't 1-shot Scrakes anymore or do significant damage to FPs, while costing a ton and weighing a lot.

I agree almost entirely. Off-perk, the Crossbow doesn't merit its own cost and weight...except during the Patty wave. As a medic, however, you MUST NOT let shooting the big guy keep you from healing your teammates when he mauls them. When he's far away, aim for the head. When he's nearby, aim for your mates.

Last edited:
Upvote 0